Baseball

Other Sports.
Deleted User 266

Re: Baseball

Post by Deleted User 266 »

RIP Billy Buck
Crazy fact below

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx-6_9PFS8A/" data-instgrm-version="12" style=" background:#FFF; border:0;
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Odubel Herrera joins the Addison Russell club.
Question I have is what was a 20 year old doing in Atlantic City?
Besides getting boned and beat up by her boyfriend.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2683 ... c-violence
Deleted User 266

Decent chance Ben Zobrist is done for the season. I don't get it. Has to be more to the story than he's going through a divorce. I'm wondering if it's one of his teammates and/or management that she was cheating on him with.
Guy is getting paid to play baseball. The Cubs need him right now. Bad.
I'll always be grateful to him for 2016 but I am having a difficult time being compassionate - not knowing the circumstances - which may be none of my business - I still feel I have a right to be a little ticked off.
Am I being unreasonable?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He's always been a big family guy. If I'm not mistaken, he got a house within a short walk to Wrigley so he could spend time with kids and not worry about long commutes to and from games.

I hope to never go through something like that, but if I did, I would probably take a good amount of time off as well.

He's probably gearing up for a long custody battle considering he said she was unfaithful. To him, kids are more important than anything else that he does. Plus, he's made plenty. $87M over his 13 seasons.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

She has also made some strange media posts. He also specifically pled inappropriate marital conduct. Lawyers know what that means. Sad.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Leawood wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 1:54 pm She has also made some strange media posts. He also specifically pled inappropriate marital conduct. Lawyers know what that means. Sad.
Inappropriate marital conduct sounds like an area you would practice in.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

I very much dislike the netting but have gotten used to it and fully understand and appreciate the reason why it exists.

Obviously I am hoping the little girl is ok. Feel bad for A.A. Jr. too. He was extremely shook up and remorseful.
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/30/72818204 ... stros-game
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

MLB is going to wait until a child dies. Just like NHL did. And that's what really stinks.

Ask NHL fans if they have gotten used to the nets, and most will say yes. I sat lower level Royals game last year and didn't mind the netting one bit. Still could see everything just fine. That being said, anytime I take my kids, it will be in the upper deck or way down the line until MLB extends netting all the way down to the foul pole.

And to everyone bitching or might bitch about it, we'll just go ahead and put you within 100 feet or so of a ball heading to you at approximately 100 mph with some wicked spin coming at you. I don't care how alert you are, they will still get you.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Kansas pitcher chosen in the 3rd round by the Red Sox.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And the catcher also went to Red Sox in 5th inning.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Big Papi seemed to have had a hit out on him in the Dominican.

Video is crazy, guy comes up 10 feet behind him and shoots him in the back. Shooter was caught by residents there, and they beat the shit out of him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/269 ... hooting-dr

For some reason, a lot of the players from the DR go back, but they will never be safe there because they have money and a lot of people there have no money.

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Ventura was in the DR when he died ( albeit not from malice ).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:08 am Ventura was in the DR when he died ( albeit not from malice ).
I believe there is a rumor he was chased. Wasn’t stuff stolen of his when he was either dying or lay dead?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IDK, it might not be the worst idea I've heard?

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 4434871297
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Beginning of relocation to Montreal.

I think it's cool, but you're not going to get any support from Tampa. But Montreal would be all over it.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Dumb.
Just move it to Montreal.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:09 pm Dumb.
Just move it to Montreal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

A couple of MLB teams are starting to move their netting all the way to the foul poles. Nats and White Sox. I think I read Mets might do the same too soon.

I think all MLB teams will have it by 2020 season.