Baseball

Other Sports.
Geezer

Re: Baseball

Post by Geezer »

the centerpieces of a June 15, 1964, six-player deal: Brock, Jack Spring and Paul Toth were traded from the Chicago Cubs to the St. Louis Cardinals in exchange for Broglio, Bobby Shantz, and Doug Clemens.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

MLB - Where a pitcher could face one batter with a 7-3 lead in the 5th inning and get a W.
It's a joke.
Deleted User 266

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm You hope (hope is not the right word I suppose) that this was a freak accident, like a latent heart problem or something, and not something that would be harder for his wife and teammates to grapple with.
Welp, it was an accidental overdose..

A medical examiner in Texas has ruled that Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs died from an accidental overdose of drugs and alcohol.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone, along with alcohol, in his system.

The autopsy listed the cause of death as a "mixed ethanol, fentanyl and oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric contents," which essentially means Skaggs choked on his vomit while under the influence.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 266

I had a long winded response and deleted it. No one cares what I have to say.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/275 ... ggs-system
Deleted User 266

Who is the blonde and how bad does she want to get banged by Rizzo?

https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/1 ... 4158734336
Deleted User 266

Terrible day to be a Brewers fan. I truly thought they were going to get a W.C. spot and perhaps even find a way to win the division. Will be interesting to see if/how they rally together.
On another note, last night proved once again - the Flubs are JUNK!
Deleted User 266

47 runs in 3 games for the Cubs.
That and $2.25.......
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb/k ... 35742.html

Good, open article about Duffy and all he's been through.

He mentions how insanely rude the 2010 staff was to him.
Greinke
Chen
Davies
Bannister
O'Sullivan
Hochevar

Shields arrived in 2013 and changed all of it for him. Crazy he still has had 3 panic attacks this year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 266

Maddon managed his last game at Wrigley in a Flubs uniform.
Epic fail job today. AGAIN. Can't blame him for not wanting to pitch Kimbrel after yesterday's debacle but but but. Who the fuck knows but?
Disaster season and I have a feeling Theo may jump ship.
Well, I'll always have 2016.
"Wait till next year"!

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You'll always have Tinkers to Evers to Chance.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Boo Yankees, Cardinals, Dodgers, in that order.

Go Brewers, Rays and As in that order.

Also LOL to the Cubs and missing with their payroll.
Deleted User 266

How upset would MLB and the network/s be if Tampa Bay played Minnesota or Oakland for the ALCS and a grand total of 1,879 people other than die hard Rays, Twins, As fans watched all the games?

As an impartial fan I'm rooting for a Yankees / Dodgers W.S. despite the fact that if the Nats make the W.S. I could/would attend the home games.
Deleted User 266

Am I the only one who watched an epic post season baseball game last night?
Craziest thing of all was when I was on a chain text message with an Indonesian guy and an Indian guy who is a Brewers fan. I had a good feeling I knew what was going to happen.

Indo guy - "Brewers looking good."

Indian guy - "Still need 5 outs"
"2 run lead is nothing for the Nats"

Gutter - "Nice jinx job Leo. The 2003 Cubs say thanks".

Well, lookie what happened next.

Right after the 3 runs were scored.

Indian guy - "yeah seriously"
"Oh well, they weren't going to beat the Dodgers anyway"

Indo guy - "It's over"?

Indian guy - "Yeah, thanks Leo you jinxed it"

Indo guy - "lol. cheese and rice. You hang out with Gutter too long"
"Was (I think he meant is) it over? Haven't seen the end of the game yet".

Indian guy - "Will be in 3 outs"
"Now 2 outs"

Game ends and immediately after.....

Indo guy - "Wow, damn...... sorry v-dog."

Indian guy - "Over"
"Brewers team was better team for 8 1/3 innings (I think he meant 7 1/3 innings) but it was a 27 out game (actually only 24 for the Nats)"

Gutter - "Grisham pulled a Bucker".

Indian guy - "Yep, whatever he's a rookie"

Indo guy - "That's unfortunate."

Indian guy - "Shouldn't have been in that situation.... that HBP was clearly a foul ball"
"Hit the knob first before it hit his wrist and bounced to his shoulder"
"If it hit directly in (on) the wrist first he would have been in a lot of pain"
"98 mph direct hit fastballs on the wrist hurt"

Gutter - "Probably right about the HBP but who is to say he wouldn't have walked, or gotten a base hit, or hit a HR? Well, thankfully it was a WC game and not game 7 of the WS because if it was Grisham would be done as a Brewer. Hader needs a haircut. Sorry Vroom Vroom! Tough loss!"
Deleted User 266

Cards putting up a TD, extra point, and a field goal in the first inning.
Bravos fans could leave to beat traffic - but it's rush hour in Atlanta.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Anyone but the Yankees or Cards.
Deleted User 266

That was one hell of a game between the Nats and the Dodgers last night.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm You hope (hope is not the right word I suppose) that this was a freak accident, like a latent heart problem or something, and not something that would be harder for his wife and teammates to grapple with.
Gah.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/i ... ators-espn
Deleted User 266

Reading that he was texting Kay for drugs when Kay was in the hospital recovering from an overdose tells me someone/many people knew Skaggs had a major problem and was in deep trouble.
The fact that someone/people affiliated with the Angles still chose to be enablers is sickening.
I have an old school Rally Monkey shirt - I'm tossing it in the garbage as soon as I end this post.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Paul1 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:39 pm Reading that he was texting Kay for drugs when Kay was in the hospital recovering from an overdose tells me someone/many people knew Skaggs had a major problem and was in deep trouble.
The fact that someone/people affiliated with the Angles still chose to be enablers is sickening.
I have an old school Rally Monkey shirt - I'm tossing it in the garbage as soon as I end this post.
Horrible situation - yes I agree that it looks like a number of people not just knew there was a very serious problem, but enabled it.

And this is going to cost the Angels dearly.