Christian Braun

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Christian Braun

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:30 pm I'm good with CB coming back and calling everyone a bitch, including the other students who supposedly don't like him.
Me too. I'd love to see him follow Agbaji's path and improve enough to be a 1st team AA who leads us to another title and then gets drafted in the 1st round.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was responding to ousdahl's question on whether we'd prefer Dick not MICH's statement about how much he liked CB McGrath.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:25 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:30 pm I'm good with CB coming back and calling everyone a bitch, including the other students who supposedly don't like him.
Me too. I'd love to see him follow Agbaji's path and improve enough to be a 1st team AA who leads us to another title and then gets drafted in the 1st round.
That's why I find the "if you're a first rounder, you go" school of thought to be outdated. Particularly in a NIL world.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:25 pm Me too. I'd love to see him follow Agbaji's path and improve enough to be a 1st team AA who leads us to another title and then gets drafted in the 1st round.
I hope you're right, but just not sure if our team would click enough with all the new guys. Then again, Remy fit in very well. Whatever decision Braun makes, I don't think he can go wrong.
Deleted User 863

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

StayCurious wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:47 am
twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:25 pm Me too. I'd love to see him follow Agbaji's path and improve enough to be a 1st team AA who leads us to another title and then gets drafted in the 1st round.
I hope you're right, but just not sure if our team would click enough with all the new guys. Then again, Remy fit in very well. Whatever decision Braun makes, I don't think he can go wrong.
Let's "dream scenario" this.

2022-2023 Lineup
Dajuan Harris
Christian Braun
Gradey Dick
Jalen Wilson
David McCormack

With MJ Rice and whoever Self brings in from the portal to fill the Remy-Off-The-Bench role along with Clemence and Adams in Mitch's "bench big" role. I absolutely think that the combo of Braun and Dick can combine to give us what Agbaji and Braun gave us this past season. If all three of those guys return then KU is preseason #1 and KU fans will spend the entire offseason wondering "who beats this team".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UNC will be very good but you have to love that lineup for us.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And I wonder if Self would try to fill Braun's spot from the portal (Davis from SMU or Davis from Detroit Mercy) vs. leaning on MJ Rice to fill it if Braun chose to leave.

As always, it will be an interesting offseason for sure.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think so. I might be completely wrong but it sure sounds like Kendric Davis will be way more ready to contribute than MJ Rice.

If MJ Rice is a lesser 2014 Selden, then he needs to come off the bunch.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:06 am I think so. I might be completely wrong but it sure sounds like Kendric Davis will be way more ready to contribute than MJ Rice.

Kind of a weird narrative shift on Rice.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:19 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:06 am I think so. I might be completely wrong but it sure sounds like Kendric Davis will be way more ready to contribute than MJ Rice.

Kind of a weird narrative shift on Rice.
I think all of the early prep-to-pro talk was based more on his camp's desire for that path rather than him actually being ready. I never saw him ranked close to the Top 10.

Maybe NIL changed things.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

davis is going to be light years ahead of mj rice next year. MJ rice seems like a prospect, not a product. good potential with out much ready to go skills
Deleted User 863

What rice has going for him is that his most ready skill will be defense which will help him with Self. Because regardless of offense, if your defense sucks, it's tough to earn minutes from Bill.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:49 pm What rice has going for him is that his most ready skill will be defense which will help him with Self. Because regardless of offense, if your defense sucks, it's tough to earn minutes from Bill.
thats fact, if you dont guard you dont play. but we dont have a clue if MJ rice plays any defense, we just know he has the strength size and athleticism to become a good defender. but having the tools does not mean you can guard
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:45 pm

davis is going to be light years ahead of mj rice next year. MJ rice seems like a prospect, not a product. good potential with out much ready to go skills
I want to be pleasantly surprised with Rice, and very well could be as he looks talented.

It's just that going from thinking you are going to the G League out of HS to fighting for a role off the bench while struggling at KU--we've seen that story a time or two before. Two of our most recent 5*'s are similar.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:29 pm

I want to be pleasantly surprised with Rice, and very well could be as he looks talented.

It's just that going from thinking you are going to the G League out of HS to fighting for a role off the bench while struggling at KU--we've seen that story a time or two before. Two of our most recent 5*'s are similar.
So hard to decipher what's what when it comes to HS players and what their "camp" thinks or wants. Writers see a comment from a classmate or a distant cousin and run with it. Can create false narratives. Can also be a sign of things to come when some of it is true. Only time will tell.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 pm

So hard to decipher what's what when it comes to HS players and what their "camp" thinks or wants. Writers see a comment from a classmate or a distant cousin and run with it. Can create false narratives. Can also be a sign of things to come when some of it is true. Only time will tell.
Prolific Prep still makes me nervous, even in an NIL world.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:35 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Prolific Prep still makes me nervous, even in an NIL world.
Same. Just has that questionable vibe to it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I keep clicking this thread thinking there's something new about CB...then I remember where I am
Just Ledoux it