Christian Braun

Kansas Basketball.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Christian Braun

Post by InfiniteJ »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:10 pm So is CB the best/most impactful State of Kansas player on a title team here?

I don't think Danny counts.
If Danny doesn't count (he shouldn't) then without a doubt it's CB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BH Born was 2 points away from that title.
And technically, since you said title, and not NCAA title, it'd be Paul Endacott.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ed Nealy territory
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:58 pm honestly hes a good fit to be an off guard in the league. has all the tools. Im betting he goes late 1st round this season and extended NBA career as a role player
And the nice part about going late in the 1st is that you probably end up with a playoff caliber, well-functioning franchise vs. the damn Sacramento Kings.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:38 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:58 pm honestly hes a good fit to be an off guard in the league. has all the tools. Im betting he goes late 1st round this season and extended NBA career as a role player
And the nice part about going late in the 1st is that you probably end up with a playoff caliber, well-functioning franchise vs. the damn Sacramento Kings.
good point. dont bring up sacramento lol its where jayhawk careers go to die. wonder what kind of difference it wouldve made for trob or mclemore if they started somewhere else
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:53 pm
good point. dont bring up sacramento lol its where jayhawk careers go to die. wonder what kind of difference it wouldve made for trob or mclemore if they started somewhere else
McLemore could have used another year in school to work on ballhandling. That is the main reason he has been unsuccessful. He is an awful ballhandler for a 2 guard by NBA standards.

I think TRob not being a very good defender held him back. And he came along right when "power forward" was dying off. He can't stretch the floor very well because he isn't a 3pt threat.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Or Mason. I hate the Sacramento Kings for exactly that reason. Someone should buy them and move them back to KC and run them right.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:18 pm

McLemore could have used another year in school to work on ballhandling. That is the main reason he has been unsuccessful. He is an awful ballhandler for a 2 guard by NBA standards.

I think TRob not being a very good defender held him back. And he came along right when "power forward" was dying off. He can't stretch the floor very well because he isn't a 3pt threat.
Things are teachable at the NBA level unless you get drafted by a shitty franchise who constantly hires shitty coaches and who suck at developing players. The list of players who became good AFTER leaving the Sacramento Kings is long. Bigs can learn to shoot threes and guards can learn to handle the ball better.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:04 am Someone should buy them and move them back to KC and run them right.
I know two candidates on this bored up for it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:07 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:04 am Someone should buy them and move them back to KC and run them right.
I know two candidates on this bored up for it.
We got some lottery ticket winners in the house?

Maybe Elon Mush can add it to his dumb list of things to buy and fix.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 am

Things are teachable at the NBA level unless you get drafted by a shitty franchise who constantly hires shitty coaches and who suck at developing players. The list of players who became good AFTER leaving the Sacramento Kings is long. Bigs can learn to shoot threes and guards can learn to handle the ball better.
What long list of players left the Kings and got way better? Fox Haliburton Hield have done just fine. I am not solely blaming Sacramento for the failures of TRob and Ben. Even though we all agree it's a shitty franchise. Not everyone gets to play for the warriors or Spurs.

In McLemores specific instance, i think he would have benefited from playing in games at KU.

Yes, you can work on dribbling drills in the NBA too....but if you're not getting to do it in games then it is harder to improve imo. Also, maybe maturity wise and work ethic wise he could have benefited from more time at KU. Nobody will hold your hand in the NBA. A lot of the work is done on your own.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am

What long list of players left the Kings and got way better? Fox Haliburton Hield have done just fine. I am not solely blaming Sacramento for the failures of TRob and Ben. Even though we all agree it's a shitty franchise. Not everyone gets to play for the warriors or Spurs.

In McLemores specific instance, i think he would have benefited from playing in games at KU.

Yes, you can work on dribbling drills in the NBA too....but if you're not getting to do it in games then it is harder to improve imo. Also, maybe maturity wise and work ethic wise he could have benefited from more time at KU. Nobody will hold your hand in the NBA. A lot of the work is done on your own.
The vast majority of improvement is made in practice. This notion that you need game minutes to improve is ridiculous.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:18 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am

The vast majority of improvement is made in practice. This notion that you need game minutes to improve is ridiculous.
I agree with that statement and have said the same words many times around here in relation to players at KU.

But the NBA practices are a lot different than college practices. Especially during an 82 game season. And like i mentioned, there is maturity, work ethic, and responsibility growth that is easier to develop in college where the coaches pay more attention to off court behavior.

You seem like you're trying really hard to argue just to argue about this. McLemore and TRob were both unsuccessful even after leaving Sacramento. I think the blame falls on their shoulders much moreso than the franchise's in their specific situations.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CB just jumped out of the gym and out of Lawrence.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Braun is gonna be in the NBA next year. 40 inch vertical are you kidding?
Deleted User 863

Low ceiling!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

damn that's amazing
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:58 pm Low ceiling!
I think his waist just smashed through that low ceiling
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

I wouldn't be shocked if CB ends up around 25ish.