Christian Braun

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Christian Braun

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CB’s raw measures are a Jimmy Butler clone. mjl called that.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Has Butler's attitude too. The NBA needs more passion
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:04 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:53 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:38 am

And the nice part about going late in the 1st is that you probably end up with a playoff caliber, well-functioning franchise vs. the damn Sacramento Kings.
good point. dont bring up sacramento lol its where jayhawk careers go to die. wonder what kind of difference it wouldve made for trob or mclemore if they started somewhere else
Or Mason. I hate the Sacramento Kings for exactly that reason. Someone should buy them and move them back to KC and run them right.
If they moved them back to KC, it would not show a tendency to run them right.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:18 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am

What long list of players left the Kings and got way better? Fox Haliburton Hield have done just fine. I am not solely blaming Sacramento for the failures of TRob and Ben. Even though we all agree it's a shitty franchise. Not everyone gets to play for the warriors or Spurs.

In McLemores specific instance, i think he would have benefited from playing in games at KU.

Yes, you can work on dribbling drills in the NBA too....but if you're not getting to do it in games then it is harder to improve imo. Also, maybe maturity wise and work ethic wise he could have benefited from more time at KU. Nobody will hold your hand in the NBA. A lot of the work is done on your own.
The vast majority of improvement is made in practice. This notion that you need game minutes to improve is ridiculous.
I agree with that statement and have said the same words many times around here in relation to players at KU.

But the NBA practices are a lot different than college practices. Especially during an 82 game season. And like i mentioned, there is maturity, work ethic, and responsibility growth that is easier to develop in college where the coaches pay more attention to off court behavior.

You seem like you're trying really hard to argue just to argue about this. McLemore and TRob were both unsuccessful even after leaving Sacramento. I think the blame falls on their shoulders much moreso than the franchise's in their specific situations.
But yet the same argument is made that Remy’s injurybhelped others develop because they were on the court in his absence. Arguing outta whatever side of one’s mouth the argument fits.

And Sacramento has to be one of worst 5 run professional franchises in all of sports.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:14 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:05 am The list of players who became good AFTER leaving the Sacramento Kings is long.
What long list of players left the Kings and got way better?
I don't think it's as much the list of players succeeding after leaving Sacramento is so long as much as it is the list of draft picks succeeding IN Sacramento is so short. Either way you put it, there are some franchises you just don't want to be drafted by. Sacramento is on that list.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

stud
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I love how CB was off a little scoring the ball, so he does everything else he can to effect the game. Scouts love that shit.
Last edited by InfiniteJ on Fri May 20, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:16 am I love how CB was off a little scoring the ball, so he does everything else he can to effect the the game. Scouts love that shit.
A lot of guys shot poorly in that game. Pretty much every media person there said CB came out as one of the best players yesterday.
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

It's official that he is staying in the draft
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Expected. Braun is ready. Only question is if weird foreign picks defer his selection much.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Attachments
CB staying in draft.jpg
CB staying in draft.jpg (174.54 KiB) Viewed 662 times
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Two Kansas kids ( KC is Kansas ), after three plus years at school, goin to the draft. Love.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

What's a low ceiling player like CB doing in the NBA draft?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

By no means am I comparing him apples to apples to Wiggins, but if the Warriors are looking to move that contract ( or, even crazier, looking to move Klay ), they could take a swing on a lesser, but much cheaper version in Braun.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:17 am Two Kansas kids ( KC is Kansas ), after three plus years at school, goin to the draft. Love.
This is so rich I am now pre-diabetic.

You love Ochai. I love Ochai. We're all proud as fuck of him, and happy for him.

There's no reason to glom him onto the "Kansas kid" narrative (in fact, he should get EXTRA credit for crossing the damn state line).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sorry, BofH rules, KC is Kansas.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Ok, sure, whatever.

Before the last, I don't know, 90ish days, I can assure you that if you walked into a KCMO-side public school, you might see one kid in twenty - at most - wearing KU gear.

KCMO public schools are decidedly not Kansas.

The private schools just off Ward Parkway...are not KCMO, address be damned.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

There are 23,000 MIZZOU alumn in the greater KC area.
There are 94,000 KU alumn in the greater KC area.

Take it up with BofH.