Deleted User 89

Re: Y’all tourists

Post by Deleted User 89 »

and he probably didn’t wash/disinfect his hands after...so, good luck with that
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

How long does yall’s day rental last?

It lasts for the day of the rental, sir. It’s the same rate whether you keep it an hour or the whole day.

What if we just want it for an hour or so?

It’s the same rate whether you keep it for an hour or the whole day.

What if we rent it this afternoon then turn it in tomorrow afternoon?

Then you’ll be charged for two days of rentals, sir.

What if we rent it today for just an hour and bring it back, then save an hour from today to use again tomorrow?

Then you’ll be charged for two days of rentals, sir.

What if we rent it for a whole week, then we decide not to ski Tuesday or Wednesday. Will y’all refund us after the fact?

You’ll be charged for every day you have the skis.

How about if we went it for one day And think of it as a 24 hour rental that we can divide up, then just use that 24 hour rental divided up for the hour or so we want the skis each day for the next week?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Why is yall’s ice skating rink closed?

Because it’s like 60 degrees out and the ice rink is more of a slush puddle right now.

What do yall mean? Now we think y’all are trying to sabotage our spring break again.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Btw we have this Groupon that expired in 2017. Can we still use it?

Sorry, but that expired two years ago.

Well NOW YALL ARE JUST TRYNA RIP US OFF!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

That rack behind the counter with all that stuff with people’s names on it... Is that yall’s rack to hold items for guests?

Yes sir it is.

Well that shirt there with someone else’s name on it — will y’all sell me that one?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

This is quoted from a tweet, how true.

Until you work in food or retail, you have no idea of the level of stupid that exists in the world.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

y’all have no idea.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Everyone should have to work in the service/retail industry for at least six months so that they don't act like assholes to those who do.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:24 pm Everyone should have to work in the service/retail industry for at least six months so that they don't act like assholes to those who do.
^^^

I'm a really good tipper, probably because of the restaurants and retail jobs I had.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

This week is Atlanta Spring Break week here on the Gulf Coast, the week we all dread. They're at least as bad and maybe worse than Texans, ousdahl, constantly explaining to us that "In Atlanta we...." as they try to run you off the road, ride out in front of the traffic on their bicycles, let you know that you're in their way of acquiring their two baskets of groceries...etc.

My local bike shop guy says he has more damages during Atlanta week than the whole rest of the year.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I believe it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man, while many guests can be high maintenance and cluelessly entitled, every now and then you get one who is just bat shit crazy.

This one lady came in and basically helped herself to a ski rental. When we offered help and asked if we could check her out, she got combative about how so-and-so told her she could have free reign of the place for the next week, so stay out of her way.

When we mention she has to pay for the rental and pass, she blew up.

Now she’s come in every morning and doesn’t leave the shop until she snaps at somebody.

“Excuse me, what’s the washing instructions for these gloves?”

I’m not sure off the top of my head, ma’am, but if you like I c...

WHY DONT YOU KNOW THAT?!

Oh and btw, is this necklace solid gold?

I’ll go double check for you, ma’am, if you’d just excu...

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD! WHAT GOOD DO YOU EVEN DO WORKING HERE?!?!

I’m bored of the standard rental ski, so I’d like to upgrade to the performance ski package.

Of course ma’am, if we could just ring you up for...

I ALREADY TOLD YOU IM NOT PAYING FOR A THING UNTIL IM GOOD AND READY!!

We’ve mentioned it to management, and of course she’s demanded to speak to a manager, but it’s not like management is competent enough to stand up to her.

Btw she’s traveling alone...wonder why...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

is truly solid gold jewelry even a thing?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno.

Even though I’m supposed to.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Oh and btw, is this necklace solid gold?"
"Yes."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:57 am Man, while many guests can be high maintenance and cluelessly entitled, every now and then you get one who is just bat shit crazy.

This one lady came in and basically helped herself to a ski rental. When we offered help and asked if we could check her out, she got combative about how so-and-so told her she could have free reign of the place for the next week, so stay out of her way.

When we mention she has to pay for the rental and pass, she blew up.

Now she’s come in every morning and doesn’t leave the shop until she snaps at somebody.

“Excuse me, what’s the washing instructions for these gloves?”

I’m not sure off the top of my head, ma’am, but if you like I c...

WHY DONT YOU KNOW THAT?!

Oh and btw, is this necklace solid gold?

I’ll go double check for you, ma’am, if you’d just excu...

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD! WHAT GOOD DO YOU EVEN DO WORKING HERE?!?!

I’m bored of the standard rental ski, so I’d like to upgrade to the performance ski package.

Of course ma’am, if we could just ring you up for...

I ALREADY TOLD YOU IM NOT PAYING FOR A THING UNTIL IM GOOD AND READY!!

We’ve mentioned it to management, and of course she’s demanded to speak to a manager, but it’s not like management is competent enough to stand up to her.

Btw she’s traveling alone...wonder why...
So guess who just threw a tantrum upon checkout!

I got a call from the lodge front desk with some new coworker chick (giggity) all flustered while homegirl snapped at her in the background.

She says she reviewed her bill and insisted that the trail pass charged to her room last week was erroneous. She couldn’t possibly have actually skied that day, it must’ve been us who looked her up and charged it to her room without her being there, just cuz we’re apparently in the business of fucking with her on her vacation.

Right. Sure we did.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Day 5 of Atlanta Week

So, my facebook feed has a whole rant on Atlanta Week, started by a millennial. He was somewhat upset that they smashed a large hole in the newly renovated restroom at their business. Other vendors chimed in with photos of pictures drawn in ketchup on tables in a busy eating area.

Someone either lifted a bike or just got tired and left a rental one on the lot across the street from me--I called the rental place and it seems they came and got it. An acquaintance was run over and knocked to the ground by an Atlanta teen on a bike, who didn't apologize. Everyone who is in retail, food service or just lives here is saying, "2 more days." This is in an area where we have tourists all year long, but this one week, you have to be extra careful as they walk into the street without even looking and all the traffic has to stop, or they almost hit you in their cars. And mostly just let you know that you don't count because you're not "From Atlanta."

Two more days.
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Going home day, YAY!!!

Yesterday was in a paint store where we were talking about the Atlanta kids just walking across a busy street without even looking and a workman comes in and enters the conversation without even asking what we're talking about, "Because you're supposed to know where they are, as they're from Atlanta."

The bike shop people were trying to find the various bikes that walked away this week. One year until they're back.
Don't inject Lysol.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Can we please kick seahawk from this thread? Just straight guttering this topic
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

She isn't doing anything different than Oussie.
Defense. Rebounds.