Bender named starter

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Bender named starter

Post by PhDhawk »

again for the Baylor game.

Any thoughts?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
HouseDivided

Re: Bender named starter

Post by HouseDivided »

I can understand Beaty's thinking: 1) consistency is a good thing; 2) he is a Senior, which is important on the road; 3) maybe Kendrick performs better coming off the bench?

At any rate, might as well go with what is working until it isn't working anymore.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He probably won't play too much. He's been pretty good this year at not making dumb throws. 61% passer I believe with 3 TDs and no picks. At this point last year, he was at 6 TDs and 5 picks.

Kendrick on the other hand, made some throws that could have been picked against Rutgers. Bender keeps teams honest a bit with his throwing ability. But if matchups are favorable, or the OL is just destroying teams and the running game is working, then Kendrick will play more.

But then again, Bender missed 2 throws in the red zone, and Kendrick hit the beautiful fade to Booker.

I do think that Bender will start most every game still as long as he is healthy, but Kendrick will play a lot. I said on other board that Bender will start 8 games, but Kendrick will play a lot as he is a natural leader. Still think that will be the case all year. Bender starts, Kendrick plays more snaps.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bender played well until he missed open receivers on the third drive or so. I was gratified to see an early hook at that point.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Kendricks would occupy another linebacker that now doesn’t worry about Bender running. All of the Baylor linebackers can now focus on Pooka, Pooka and more Pooka. Kendricks gives the Jayhawks more options.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

He is clearly the best passer but won't matter if he doesn't have the time to throw it. Kendricks gives us more of a weapon in the running game and probably a better scrambler.
Starhawk0

Post by Starhawk0 »

I like we are sticking with Bender. I'm personally not his biggest fan but he is more of a pure qb I guess and he has show he can play well to his credit. but I think it is good not to go full octane on Kendricks because we want to get the most out of him when it counts. I really like the 2 Qb system for this team this year. Makes you have to prepare for 2 different players. Kendricks comes off the bench ready to roll 2nd quarter fresh then I'm good then we can give Kedricks 50/50 playing time and slowly give more the more he proves himself so its a good incentive as well.