NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: NBA 2018

Post by Deleted User 75 »

82 games is a lot. I've rarely seen no effort on defense in close games (except by a select few where they'd be exceptions to the rule)....but I can imagine when teams give up 90pts in a half and are down 40 they don't play very hard defense anymore during that game (and who can blame them, this is their job, and staying healthy is important when you're playing 2-4 games a week)...

I enjoy the NBA. I think it's more exciting than college as a whole because there are only 10-20 or so teams in college worth watching imo if you don't have a connection to a fan base or program. NBA has good match ups with exciting players every night...I'd rather watch Kansas than an NBA game...but I'd rather watch an NBA game than sit thru a KState game (or insert whatever irrelevant school).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd much rather the opposite when it comes to B12 play.
ksu v ISU >>> Hawks v Knicks.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 am I'd much rather the opposite when it comes to B12 play.
ksu v ISU >>> Hawks v Knicks.
Well, I can agree with that....but that ties back into our love for the Jayhawks.

How about Illinois vs Penn state or hawks vs knicks?

I must say, hawks vs knicks may be the worst match up you could have picked...not sure if you did that on purpose, but those are 2 of the least exciting teams in the NBA.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If either Illinois or Penn State is alive for the NCAA tournament and it's February then I would pick them.
Most nights there's likely a good college basketball game on better than that matchup.
I don't think the effort in a regular season NBA game matches the effort of a college conference game.

I'll watch the good NBA matchups when they happen but I prefer college ball.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

^^^^
What pDub said except if I had anything else to do, I probably wouldn’t watch the NBA game unless a Jayhawk was playing.
Deleted User 75

DrPepper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:22 am ^^^^
What pDub said except if I had anything else to do, I probably wouldn’t watch the NBA game unless a Jayhawk was playing.
Well, thankfully most nights a Jayhawk is playing!
Deleted User 75

Just noticed that every single home team is a favorite tonight....not sure I've ever noticed that happening before on a night with this many games!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I heard Klay only had to ball for 100 seconds.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Was looking at the Lakers stats and saw that Beasley is getting less minutes and scoring less than Svi. How in the fuck did this happen to Beasley?? A guy that many considered another Durant at one point. :(
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

How did it happen? Here is my take. Considering the guy has mental health issues he doesn't always address and has abused drugs (yes, marijuana is a drug and no I don't feel it's a bad one used in moderation) I am not at all surprised he has had his struggles in the NBA.
One could say it's a sad story despite if I am not mistaken his getting paid at least 30 million dollars in his lifetime to play basketball.
Hey - if anyone wants a pair of his shoes and/or an autographed jersey of his I may be willing to part with them if the price is right - cheap.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:39 am 82 games is a lot. I've rarely seen no effort on defense in close games (except by a select few where they'd be exceptions to the rule)....but I can imagine when teams give up 90pts in a half and are down 40 they don't play very hard defense anymore during that game (and who can blame them, this is their job, and staying healthy is important when you're playing 2-4 games a week)...

I enjoy the NBA. I think it's more exciting than college as a whole because there are only 10-20 or so teams in college worth watching imo if you don't have a connection to a fan base or program. NBA has good match ups with exciting players every night...I'd rather watch Kansas than an NBA game...but I'd rather watch an NBA game than sit thru a KState game (or insert whatever irrelevant school).
There's only about 10 NBA teams worth watching, too. And there are way more than 10 ncaa teams I want to watch. I like to see any team that KU might potentially have to face in the tourney. There is rarely a night during the ncaa basketball season where there isn't a game on that interests me. You never just have 1 or 2 games to choose from. There will be a ton of non-con matchups between ranked teams and then conference season is filled with relevant match ups.

Once ncaa hoops start, I won't watch much NBA. Maybe an elite match up if it works in my schedule. Rather just wait for the playoffs to start and then start watching.
Deleted User 183

Problems with Jimmy Buckets again. Not clear if he called off tonight or the Wolves called him off. Good thing Wiggy (the 4th best player on the team?) is back.
Deleted User 75

Will make more sense if a trade goes down with Houston tomorrow. They weren't playing tonight so they may not have wanted to risk injury if they were looking close to finalizing a deal. If the initial (reported) offer of several years worth of 1st round pick was true then I cant imagine Minnesota would be able to hold out on that for very long.
Deleted User 75

D Rose having himself a game tonight.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Which is more surprising:

Rose going off for 50

or, Rose can still walk?
Deleted User 75

It's pretty cool to see a guy who has gone thru a lot of injury issues turn back time, even if only for 1 night....he's having a great start to the season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpoDIADARwa ... gpkukk3666

8/11 free throws...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpoARxaBGVN ... byw46m9ofa

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpnyn4Eh5ht ... kje9ktfcti

Could be a big moment for this team to unify and create some momentum....they should trade Butler immediately before Houston changes their mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpn1K5ZFKR4 ... s4r5j7f14p
Deleted User 183

Poohdini getting some love from his brothers.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2513 ... s-loved-it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Scoring 50 today is like scoring 35 three years ago
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:39 pm Which is more surprising:

Rose going off for 50

or, Rose can still walk?
I guess you actually can do basketball stuff with knees made of gummi bears.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 am Scoring 50 today is like scoring 35 three years ago