Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NBA 2018

Post by pdub »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

westbrook should do some research about the kinds of things that were said to people like Jackie Robinson

not that the fan was in the right, or that security shouldn't have stepped in sooner, but westbrook is the professional...let his game do the talking and be the bigger man (if he is, in fact, the bigger man)

seems like a bit of a snowflake, honestly
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:28 am westbrook should do some research about the kinds of things that were said to people like Jackie Robinson

not that the fan was in the right, or that security shouldn't have stepped in sooner, but westbrook is the professional...let his game do the talking and be the bigger man (if he is, in fact, the bigger man)

seems like a bit of a snowflake, honestly
I don't know about that. This could become a slippery slope..

Not saying this is right or get all political, but back when Jackie broke through color barrier is professional baseball, black people did not have the same basic civil rights as white people did. Jackie couldn't really afford to fight back or anything like that because he knew he was on a thin rope due to the status of his race in America at the time.

Fast-forward 70 years. All citizens have equal rights (Supposedly) Black athletes have their stuff posted all over the place, their jerseys are sold and worn on the backs of hundreds of thousands of people and on top of that, people now come to watch their favorite black athlete, not necessarily because it's a basketball game. They come for their favorite player.

So in turn, those athletes now have a greater ability to be able to say what they want because that stuff doesn't fly anymore like it did 70+ years ago. Fans are not able to pop off now without some sort of repercussion for their words and actions. You go at them, be ready to get clapped back on.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's part of the game/being a public figure.
You have to ignore words, point them out and hope that security does it's job.
Countless athletes have heard the trash talk and not reacted.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It sucks that it takes something like what Westbrook did to start a national conversation about a growing problem.

Westbrook has to keep his cool and the teams also have to do more about the bad fans. Utah notoriously has loud, racist fans too close to the action.

The takeaway I saw this morning is that media, players and some fans think it’s past due to hold fans to even the smallest standard. It’s a weird world now and we’re on a path to get a fan killed. And maybe even justly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think calling someone names or talking shit justifies death but it justifies getting kicked out of a game.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Don’t think cnb was implying that it did. Rather that this type of job interaction is bound to escalate to such a situation.

Look at soccer fan in England. Throat pinches player on pitch on Sunday, sentences to 14 weeks in jail on Monday. Now, I’m not sure if that is an oppressive legal system or just an ultra efficient one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

From the guy that was talking to Russ. Check the date stamps. What a creep.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm Don’t think cnb was implying that it did. Rather that this type of job interaction is bound to escalate to such a situation.
Obviously a joke that killing someone is justified, but exactly, we're getting close to the point that it's going to happen.

You're not going to find a lot of help within the law if you hit someone over words, but you'll find plenty of jurors that will understand giving a guy one in the kisser for saying certain things: e.g., going after your family or dropping an n-bomb on someone. Sometimes a punch to the nose can inadvertently lead to death. So, considering that this is just basketball, let's do what we can to avoid that situation. There is shared responsibility.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"plenty of jurors that will understand giving a guy one in the kisser for saying certain things: e.g., going after your family or dropping an n-bomb on someone."

But not the NFL if you're Kareem Hunt and you push someone.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 183

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:46 pm From the guy that was talking to Russ. Check the date stamps. What a creep.

Have to be honest. I'm more afraid of white racist assholes than I am of horrible people crossing "our" southern border.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So Russell Westbrook has to go back to Long Beach Cali?
Does this guy have deets on a trade to the Lakers?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

is it just me, or is gobert on the receiving end of more top plays than most?
Deleted User 183

You/I watch this and wonder how/why you wouldn't think the 6ers can/will win the Eastern Conference playoffs. Right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvQJhPZh07J ... "></script>
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Watching SportsCenter this morning, and they said Harden got his 3rd 60-pt game last night. He’s tied with Elgin Baylor for career 60-pt games. Ahead of them are Kobe with 6, Jordan with 4, and — I had to laugh — Wilt with 32.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LeBron not in the playoffs since forever.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Deleted User 183

Russ West 20-20-21.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Only took 23 shots to get that 20!