NBA 2018

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: NBA 2018

Post by jfish26 »

Looks like Thomas Robinson's got a job again.

https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1035657987090575361
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah saw that a few weeks back. Dude could be a perfect energy guy off the bench if given a chance. Rebound, Dunk and play defense. Even with today's NBA, that still helps teams.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm rooting for him. You have to think he's running out of chances.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

I was really impressed with Josh Jackson.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2466 ... ers-season

Westbrook a couple spots too high.
CPIII a couple spots too low.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

I’m happy for Thomas Robinson. He’s got the ability to play with his rebounding and shots 15 ft out. I think his free throw problem can turn around. He shot FT respectively as a Jayhawk. His numbers and PER look pretty good as his minutes increased.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... nth01.html
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

There isn't a single coach in the NBA or NCCA that doesn't deserve to be questioned. Thibs included.
Then I remember Thibs took a Bools team that was 41-41 in 2009/2010 and turned them in to a 60-22 team in 2010/2011 - and I ask myself, does he really deserve to be questioned by a schmuck such as me?
Sure he does but I sure as heck don't know more about coaching an NBA team than he does - nor should I pretend I do.
If any of you do.... Carry on.

As far as Wiggins, right coach, right situation, he just might be a superstar. I hope he is in the near future. Until then, he's considered by many to be a bust - which I feel is overly harsh.
I'd take him on my team but I surely wouldn't try and build my team around him. As it seems the Wolves originally planned to do. Cavs could probably use him these days.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Could be Wiggins personality. If he turns more aggressive, he has all the tools.KAT is on record more than once saying Wiggins is the best player on the team. This includes Butler who was ranked #10 by SI. Too high in my opinion.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Wiggs' motor just runs so cool. And unfortunately, I think we're past the point where we can say it's just an exterior thing.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 pm http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2466 ... ers-season

Westbrook a couple spots too high.
CPIII a couple spots too low.
LOL

Embiid could probably be a little higher.

I know you love CP3, but at this point in his career i think he's probably ranked about right. I would maybe bump him ahead of Lillard. I'd also have Giannis a few lower. I would have KD ahead of Harden..but at a certain point it's all just personal preference.

#1 LeBron
#2 Steph
#3 KD
#4 AD
#5 Harden
#6 Russ
#7 Embiid
#8 Kawhi
#9 Giannis
#10 CP3
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

The Greek freak should be higher.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Russ is a team killer on and off the court.
Kawhi is like that off the court only.
Russ will never win a title.

He’s what Trae Young longs to be.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 pm Russ is a team killer on and off the court.

6/10 guys on that list don't have a title.

I respect your opinion. We know you don't like Russ or his style. Never heard of any off court team killer stuff, but maybe you have some inside knowledge?

Here is someone who actually has met Russ, and played with Russ in the NBA...

https://youtu.be/ePsbjpsD0d8

It's an entertaining 12min, but if you'd prefer only the Russ segment scroll to 6:25

Here is PG13, who also actually knows and plays with Russ (willingly, as evidenced by his resigning with OKC)

https://youtu.be/Hc4QAPgL-NA

There no denying he takes bad shots and is a shot chucker. That's a fact. You can say that about a lot of guys too. I know that is too much for you to overcome. But I think the bad teammate off the court stuff may just be something you fabricated in your mind to fit your preconceived notions about Russ.
Deleted User 57

pdub wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 pm Russ is a team killer on and off the court.

Easy to say Russ will never win a title.
My guess is he would have at least one if not multiple titles if somehow He, KD, and Harden (I suppose you could throw in Ibaka too) could have stayed together with the right coach. I know, I know, only one ball. Meanwhile, there is only one ball and somehow there are some great teams with multiple superstars that are still able to win championships.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

great teams are built with multiple superstars who buy in to the pursuit of rings, not triple doubles.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am great teams are built with multiple superstars who buy in to the pursuit of rings, not triple doubles.
^^^^^^^ this
Deleted User 57

ramjet wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:21 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:53 am great teams are built with multiple superstars who buy in to the pursuit of rings, not triple doubles.
^^^^^^^ this
I agree 100%.
Meanwhile, I watched Westbrook play with Durant and Harden in 2010/2011 and 2011/2012.
He bought in and did exactly what was needed and expected of him.
One thing I can't fault him for in averaging a triple double the last two seasons is - trying and carrying his team.
On a side note - I find it interesting how people give LeBron shit for leaving and quitting on his teammates after reaching the Finals and yet pretty much no one cares to give Durant shit. Why?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I remember Durant got some shit for that.

some suggested differences:

Durant wasn’t abandoning his hometown team

he didn’t pull some summer-long attention stunt capped off by “The Decision” on prime time TV.

The rumors of beef with Westbrook at least provided more context and even a scapegoat in the situation, one way or the other

Thunder still at least had Westbrook, whereas the Cavs were left with a bare cupboard

Many folks already thought was Lebron was a douche all along
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Kawhi completely quit on the Spurs last year, literally didn’t play.
Deleted User 57

I assume some of you saw the recent video/s of Kawhi laughing.
I didn't laugh at Kawhi when I saw the video, I just found his laugh to be odd and seemingly forced and uncomfortable.
I admit I was not familiar with his story nor do/did I know anything about what "mental issues" he may have.
I am now sympathetic and at least partially understand the awkwardness.
My guess is most of those making fun of him were/are not familiar with his story and his issues.
Those who are and still chose to be insensitive - are assholes.
Just my 2 cents.
Carry on.

Laughs - https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/kawhi- ... -evolution