Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am so you’re saying you only trust righties?

And I respectfully disagree that the “only” ailment is found in conservative principles.

How about the heat ailment is healthy compromises achieved through a effective democratic process?
Again, my personal view: Too much damage was done to the American way of life and zeitgeist during the eight years of Obama for compromise to work anymore. Things are dire enough that hardcore conservative approaches are the only hope.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HaRdCoRe!
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am so you’re saying you only trust righties?

And I respectfully disagree that the “only” ailment is found in conservative principles.

How about the heat ailment is healthy compromises achieved through a effective democratic process?
Again, my personal view: Too much damage was done to the American way of life and zeitgeist during the eight years of Obama for compromise to work anymore. Things are dire enough that hardcore conservative approaches are the only hope.
but for real with all due respect, this is such a narrow extremist view.

If a democracy is dominated by hardcore principles, is it even a democracy any more?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:46 am

but for real with all due respect, this is such a narrow extremist view.

If a democracy is dominated by hardcore principles, is it even a democracy any more?
Democracy did its job in 2016 and it resulted in Donald Trump in the White House, a Congress controlled by Republicans, and, after this week, a Supreme Court dominated by conservatives. Could someone not argue that the response of the Left to that expression of Democracy at work is extreme and worrisome as well?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, yeah, buuut...
ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am Try to not think of things as so left and right.

Most people are some shade of moderate. No need to so quickly paint it as us vs. them.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:49 pm well, yeah, buuut...
ousdahl wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am Try to not think of things as so left and right.

Most people are some shade of moderate. No need to so quickly paint it as us vs. them.
My point was that the response of most of the posters here, as well as those in the media, look a lot like an "us vs. them" "hardcore" approach, which you are decrying.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

There's an old biblical chestnut that goes something like, "because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I shall vomit you out if my mouth". If it's good enough for god, it's good enough for politics.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

japhy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm There's an old biblical chestnut that goes something like, "because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I shall vomit you out if my mouth". If it's good enough for god, it's good enough for politics.
Sounds more like something the Fish God would say.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:03 pm
japhy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm There's an old biblical chestnut that goes something like, "because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I shall vomit you out if my mouth". If it's good enough for god, it's good enough for politics.
Sounds more like something the Fish God would say.
Meh. I think Dagon was known for having a pretty strong stomach.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

What happened to the Kavanaugh accusers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpvYnDw-yy4
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:35 pm What happened to the Kavanaugh accusers?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpvYnDw-yy4
Shouldn't matter. They FELT like it was true at the time.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Hi, japhy.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Sorry to say, but I think Seahawk has gone off the deep end.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Don't.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto