Don't listen to the science on this.
The science is on our side.

WTF
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by zsn »

Does anyone else think that the Twitter attacks yesterday was a not-so veiled threat to Trump from the Russians not to stray from whatever it is they want him to do (not to act on the Taliban bounty)?

Basically the message is don’t cross us because we can hack into any Twitter account and do whatever we want to do. They know Twitter is a huge Trump vulnerability. Otherwise why would someone who got into a whole bunch of high profile accounts just want some bitcoin?

I heard someone on the TV machine say that they got into the highest level of the admin console at Twitter. They got there and only wanted bitcoin? I don’t think so.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.opb.org/news/article/federa ... 4w.twitter

Do folks that think wearing a mask is an offense to their rights as Americans have a problem with unmarked vans full of unidentified federal law enforcement officers driving around town detaining people on the possibility that they might be guilty of painting graffiti? That actually sounds like a complete violation of someone's rights.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I'll tell you what I think. I think we live in a country that is as messed up as it's ever been in my 53 years of living in it.
I'll tell you what I know. I know we lived in a fucked up country and at the moment, Donald Trump is playing a significant role in it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:34 am I'll tell you what I think. I think we live in a country that is as messed up as it's ever been in my 53 years of living in it.
I'll tell you what I know. I know we lived in a fucked up country and at the moment, Donald Trump is playing a significant role in it.
You mean it's not normal to label petty vandals "violent anarchists" and sweep around town in unmarked vehicles arresting people for no stated reason? Good, it was starting to feel normal these days.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:55 pm Don't listen to the science on this.
The science is on our side.

WTF
Laura Ingraham was out there claiming that masks are ineffective against COVID because there was some small study done on a field hospital in 2015 about wearing cloth masks there vs wearing surgical masks and because the CDC didn't think we needed to wear masks back in January before we knew what the heck was going on.
Deleted User 289

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am
Grandma wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:34 am I'll tell you what I think. I think we live in a country that is as messed up as it's ever been in my 53 years of living in it.
You mean it's not normal to label petty vandals "violent anarchists" and sweep around town in unmarked vehicles arresting people for no stated reason? Good, it was starting to feel normal these days.
The sad and horrific thing is it's become "normal". Many if not most of us should be shocked and appalled but I'm kind of numb to it. Doesn't really surprise me at all.

Very little makes sense to me in terms of "law and order" in this country right now.

Remember, I'm the guy who lives in the city that had major "riots", "looting", damage/destruction, and the National Guard wasn't called in until a week AFTER the worst had been done.
Bottom line is people were allowed to do as they pleased and commit crimes without confrontation from law enforcement. OR on the flip side, innocent people were being tear gassed/pepper sprayed and actually beaten by law enforcement for doing NOTHING illegal. I myself was a victim of a pepper spray "attack" for standing exactly where the law enforcement officers had told me to stand after I had asked them where I could stand.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:48 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:08 am
The sad and horrific thing is it's become "normal". Many if not most of us should be shocked and appalled but I'm kind of numb to it. Doesn't really surprise me at all.

Very little makes sense to me in terms of "law and order" in this country right now.

Remember, I'm the guy who lives in the city that had major "riots", "looting", damage/destruction, and the National Guard wasn't called in until a week AFTER the worst had been done.
Bottom line is people were allowed to do as they pleased and commit crimes without confrontation from law enforcement. OR on the flip side, innocent people were being tear gassed/pepper sprayed and actually beaten by law enforcement for doing NOTHING illegal. I myself was a victim of a pepper spray "attack" for standing exactly where the law enforcement officers had told me to stand after I had asked them where I could stand.
An infuriating snapshot of 2020. Flushing this administration down the toilet will be a good start but we have a lot of problems to address in this nation.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Ok, so no mention of the ‘kidnapping feds’ in Portland? I’ve been working all day and haven’t looked to find out more info on this yet. Anyone?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:47 pm Ok, so no mention of the ‘kidnapping feds’ in Portland? I’ve been working all day and haven’t looked to find out more info on this yet. Anyone?
In the George Floyd thread
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The messaging is insensitive, but the message isn't wrong. The economy has changed and the timetable on that has been sped up by the pandemic. It's not that different from Andrew Yang's message, only more optimistic, yet poorly messaged.

Learn to code, it's the most inclusive and helpful community out there. Don't have what it takes mentally? Learn to do manual QA. Can't do that? Be a scrum master. There are lots of white collar jobs available, and a lot of companies will ignore the lack of a degree if you can show you've learned on your own and can apply it.

Can't do that? I suppose that's where Yang's UBI comes in.
Deleted User 289

"The White House" is blocking the CDC from "testifying" next week.
Let's not forget, "The White House" has also "banned Fauci from "testifying".
FUCK "The White House".
Deleted User 289

Mjl wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:10 pm
The messaging is insensitive, but the message isn't wrong. The economy has changed and the timetable on that has been sped up by the pandemic. It's not that different from Andrew Yang's message, only more optimistic, yet poorly messaged.

Learn to code, it's the most inclusive and helpful community out there. Don't have what it takes mentally? Learn to do manual QA. Can't do that? Be a scrum master. There are lots of white collar jobs available, and a lot of companies will ignore the lack of a degree if you can show you've learned on your own and can apply it.

You tell people to learn to code, learn to do manual QA, be a scrum master. Ok, but how does that pay the bills TODAY?
You say there are lots of white collar jobs available. What white collar jobs are available TODAY to employ everyone who has lost their jobs the past 3/4/5 months?

Ivanka Trump giving advice to unemployed people and telling them to "find something new" is like me giving advice on how to look thin and handsome and telling people to fuck camels to lose weight.
If anything, she should be giving advice on how to have an assumed billionaire father who will always look after you financially - and how to marry a wealthy asshole Jew.
FUCK Ivanka Trump / Kushner!
Deleted User 289

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

The Lincoln Project has quickly become one of my favorite follows on Twitter.

Pure gold.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The thought of coding makes me want to jump off a cliff. Theres got to be other options.

Universal basic income is a joke. Therr are jobs, they just might not be white collar.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:27 am

The thought of coding makes me want to jump off a cliff. Theres got to be other options.

Universal basic income is a joke. Therr are jobs, they just might not be white collar.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of UBI either. I guess drunk me is. Who knew.

Better defense of "find something new" is to point out that there's still a lot of hiring going on, and meanwhile other types of jobs are disappearing. That's a sign of progress, the pandemic just made it happen too quickly. But companies like Amazon and Walmart and Kroger have hired tons of people during this - so it's not just white collar jobs that are available.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »