Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 310 »

What is the scenario we should fear....ok so he refuses to accept the election....then what? What can he do?

This isn't north korea. I don't see who/what helps him just become our neverending president. It just seems awfully far fetched.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I just genuinely do not know what will happen if Trump loses, but calls the election illegitimate.

Which I think is at least 50/50 to happen.

Keep in mind that, in this scenario, Republicans may well have also lost the Senate majority.

The only thing giving me any comfort is the military rebuke over the Lafayette Square nonsense.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's going to be awful either way. Taxes are going up massively if and when Biden wins. Dramatic tax increases in a deep recession will just make things much worse.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I tend to doubt you will see massive tax increases on middle-class incomes. Or even most upper-class incomes.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:03 pm I just genuinely do not know what will happen if Trump loses, but calls the election illegitimate.

Keep in mind that, in this scenario, Republicans may well have also lost the Senate majority.

The only thing giving me any comfort is the military rebuke over the Lafayette Square nonsense.
I think it is 100% certain he says it is illegitimate if he loses....i am probably less worried about trump in that scenario than i am of radical right group...but maybe they are one in the same for this thought experiment.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 pm It's going to be awful either way. Taxes are going up massively if and when Biden wins. Dramatic tax increases in a deep recession will just make things much worse.
Such fucking bullshit.
Taxes should go back where they were before Trump started feeding the billionaires...at a minimum.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'm not concerned he's just going to squat, the military would just remove him.

The more likely scenario is they find a few questionable anecdotal things (some box of uncounted ballots, some precinct where Antifa is intimidating voters, and other BS), and they require a full investigation, and inauguration can't happen until that's done. I don't know how that works with what mechanisms are available, but I would guess they'll find one. Especially if the Republicans lose the Senate.

RBG staying alive may end up making the difference.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mjl wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:32 pm I'm not concerned he's just going to squat, the military would just remove him.

The more likely scenario is they find a few questionable anecdotal things (some box of uncounted ballots, some precinct where Antifa is intimidating voters, and other BS), and they require a full investigation, and inauguration can't happen until that's done. I don't know how that works with what mechanisms are available, but I would guess they'll find one. Especially if the Republicans lose the Senate.

RBG staying alive may end up making the difference.
I think the path here is pretty clear.

There's not going to be a result on election night. The returns we have in on election night will be close.

Then, the remote voting results are going to be not close at all. And there will be historic black turnout, and a tide change among suburban white women.

Fueled by Barr, Miller and his other various bootlickers and hangers-on, Trump will say that the totals cannot possibly be credible.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:24 pm
Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:06 pm It's going to be awful either way. Taxes are going up massively if and when Biden wins. Dramatic tax increases in a deep recession will just make things much worse.
Such fucking bullshit.
Taxes should go back where they were before Trump started feeding the billionaires...at a minimum.
Of all the issues we face today, the one thing our republic really needs, is another tax break for Japhy.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:03 pm I just genuinely do not know what will happen if Trump loses, but calls the election illegitimate.

If he loses, it is 100% certain that he'll call it a fraudulent election. And his supporters will whine about it even more than Clinton supporters whine about the Electoral College.

The worst he can do is sign a bunch of Executive Orders for two months that all need to be undone. I am not worried about that at all.

I just worry that he will get reelected.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And you base that on what specifically?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:10 pm
Lies.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:12 pm
Lies.
Or assumptions based on a mix of lies and irrelevant truths.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Google it. There's several ways taxes are going to increase under Biden. Capital gains tax, for one example -- corporate rates will not stay at 21%. It may persuade more businesses to push more jobs overseas. https://fortune.com/2020/07/14/joe-bide ... -campaign/
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:43 pm
Google it. There's several ways taxes are going to increase under Biden. Capital gains tax, for one example -- corporate rates will not stay at 21%. It may persuade more businesses to push more jobs overseas. https://fortune.com/2020/07/14/joe-bide ... -campaign/
https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-proposals/

"Biden’s plan would first raise taxes on capital gains by treating them as ordinary income for those earning more than $1 million. On his website he said he would also raise the top rate on ordinary income back up to 39.6 percent from the 37 percent rate put in place by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. "

None of the things described will result in any of the nonsense you posted.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It won't help because the US spends far more than it takes in. All it will do is reduce jobs in a recession that is already severe.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:31 pm
NiceDC wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:12 pm
Lies.
Or assumptions based on a mix of lies and irrelevant truths.
And a youtube video, probably.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:51 pm It won't help because the US spends far more than it takes in. All it will do is reduce jobs in a recession that is already severe.
Do you think all revenue into the US government just goes into one, big checking account? T

And that's not "all it will do".