Good explanation.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:51 pm I respectfully disagree. I do feel it's deserving of backlash and is controversial and/or slanderous.
I'm not alone in my feelings. Plenty of people have spoken out regarding their feelings about it as well.
I'm not going to say she's a terrible person or call her nasty names but I feel her words were careless and callous. Just one man's opinion.
People speak out about everything because we live in a world where nothing happens without associated faux outrage, twisting of words, poor leaps of logic and out of context manipulations.

We live in a world where people call others snowflakes for being too delicate and easily offended and then turn around and demand backlash over careless and callous comments. You don't get to do both without being labeled a hypocrite.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:01 pm
I'm less convinced of that. Yes, Trump is deeply unpopular among Democrats. But he's far more popular among Republicans than he was when he won the White House. And while most polling suggests that independents aren't huge fans of Trump's, if the economy is going strong they may well choose not to rock the boat -- looking past, again, the fact that they don't think Trump is, to put a fine point on it, a good guy.

Regardless of what happens in 2020, it's worth keeping Michelle Obama's image of America as a "broken family" led by a "divorced dad" in mind as the campaign unwinds. It's an apt, if depressing, metaphor for where we are at the moment.[/i]
I am less convinced as well because a) there are a lot of people in this country who don't ever get sick of eating candy for dinner. Go to Sam's Club and walk around for a bit. Some people are eating candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are not a country that likes to control our impulses for fast, easy and initially satisfying things.

And B) people don't like to admit they got suckered. Getting people to admit that Trump has played their weaknesses, ugliness and hatred to feed his ego and his bank account simply isn't happening. Look at this board. The hard core Trumpites aren't affected by the daily evidence of it because they have been conditioned to see it not as a presentation of evidence but as an attack on him and thus, them.

If the Dems can figure out how to get down to one candidate without pissing off a giant chuck of supporters of any of the other candidates then I feel that they will take back the White House. Trump's base is not large enough to withstand a unified opposition. His only chance is to splinter the country into tiny groups.

Trump has made that the primary focus of his presidency because he isn't interested in leading this nation in a better direction. He is interested in getting reelected so that he can continue to feed his ego and his bank account. Period.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I don't disagree with anything you said, but incumbents have a huge advantage from the start, notwithstanding how likely/unlikely it is that democrats will somehow manage to coalesce in a meaningful, effective way, around one candidate.

Also, re your last paragraph, Trump is also motivated by a desire to lengthen his immunity from prosecution until the statute of limitations runs out on his actions that the SDNY is investigating.

And to you and Gutter, although you might not feel it, in my experience as the product of a broken home, Mechelle Obama's metaphor rings very true.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Cuba should have been dumping money at Trump properties.
"“Under this administration, we don’t throw dictators lifelines,” Bolton said in Miami. “We take them away.”
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

such a spoiled brat
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 am I don't disagree with anything you said, but incumbents have a huge advantage from the start, notwithstanding how likely/unlikely it is that democrats will somehow manage to coalesce in a meaningful, effective way, around one candidate.

Also, re your last paragraph, Trump is also motivated by a desire to lengthen his immunity from prosecution until the statute of limitations runs out on his actions that the SDNY is investigating.

And to you and Gutter, although you might not feel it, in my experience as the product of a broken home, Mechelle Obama's metaphor rings very true.
The advantage of a first term is only good if your policies didnt offend more people than they helped. My guess is that his base has not grown as much as his detractors.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:46 pm Image
LOL
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Deleted User 89

jfc
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Virginia men’s basketball team declines invitation to the White House.

*cuts to shot of Trump eating 100 cold Big Macs alone*
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

i love quotes attributed to no one
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's impossible to imagine the reaction of "real, patriotic Americans", aka. "republicans", if the nigroe from Kenya was blubbering about how he and Kim Jong Un "fell in love" because of Kim's "beautiful letters," barely a year after they sent American Otto Warmbier home in a coma with a massive head injury, to die shortly thereafter.

And WTF with, we "fell in love"? No wonder the world is laughing at us.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am Virginia men’s basketball team declines invitation to the White House.

*cuts to shot of Trump eating 100 cold Big Macs alone*
lulz at the state university of Northam and Fairfax standing up to mean ol' Donald Trump.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s the precedent for entire teams turning down White House invites?