HouseDivided

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:02 pm Stock market at record high:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/wall-st ... kseat.html

Jobless claims at 49-year low for third straight week:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-jobles ... 1537446974

Damn this clown and his infernal incompetence!
When the stock market reached record highs under Obama the economy was "terrible to nightmarish" though, so that's not really a good indicator.
Combine that with actual good employment news, and you’ve got something worth getting excited about. Obama was a Dumpster fire.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm
Geezer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm CNN) — The Trump administration is planning to shift more than $260 million to cover the rising cost and strain of housing thousands of undocumented immigrant children in their custody -- including millions of dollars from programs like cancer research and HIV/AIDS prevention.

The request comes as the program has been strained by record-high levels of children in custody, driven in large part by new policies that are holding kids longer and making it more difficult for them to be released to adults, such as family members.

It also comes amid news that the Department of Health and Human Services once again could not locate 1,500 children it had released over a three-month period.

There are more than 13,000 children currently in HHS custody, spokeswoman Evelyn Stauffer told CNN. The number fluctuates daily, but that is higher than the record-setting 12,800 in custody last week.

The program request is detailed in a lett

https://www.wral.com/trump-admin-moves- ... /17860980/
Get a wall built, get the deportations done, and all of that ceases to be a problem.
Cancer research budget isn't big enough to build the wall.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Geezer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm CNN) — The Trump administration is planning to shift more than $260 million to cover the rising cost and strain of housing thousands of undocumented immigrant children in their custody -- including millions of dollars from programs like cancer research and HIV/AIDS prevention.

The request comes as the program has been strained by record-high levels of children in custody, driven in large part by new policies that are holding kids longer and making it more difficult for them to be released to adults, such as family members.

It also comes amid news that the Department of Health and Human Services once again could not locate 1,500 children it had released over a three-month period.

There are more than 13,000 children currently in HHS custody, spokeswoman Evelyn Stauffer told CNN. The number fluctuates daily, but that is higher than the record-setting 12,800 in custody last week.

The program request is detailed in a lett

https://www.wral.com/trump-admin-moves- ... /17860980/
Get a wall built, get the deportations done, and all of that ceases to be a problem.
Meh. What about all the other money wasted on detaining, releasing, chasing down, re-detaining, and re-releasing the never-ending stream of illegals? It’s a worthwhile investment that will pa dividends down the road.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Ever heard of a ladder?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 pm

What about all the other money wasted on detaining, releasing, chasing down, re-detaining, and re-releasing the never-ending stream of illegals?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:09 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:02 pm Stock market at record high:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/wall-st ... kseat.html

Jobless claims at 49-year low for third straight week:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-jobles ... 1537446974

Damn this clown and his infernal incompetence!
When the stock market reached record highs under Obama the economy was "terrible to nightmarish" though, so that's not really a good indicator.
Combine that with actual good employment news, and you’ve got something worth getting excited about. Obama was a Dumpster fire.
Dude.
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Obama took office January 2009. Unemployment rate: Image
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

#alternativefacts
#fakenews
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Geezer wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:06 pm Ever heard of a ladder?
Ever seen the prototypes they are testing? Not gonna happen.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:15 pm

What about all the other money wasted on detaining, releasing, chasing down, re-detaining, and re-releasing the never-ending stream of illegals?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
And yet somehow I suspect your conclusion is different than mine . . .
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Dude.

Hey, if you're proud of 6% unemployment, then you should definitely give yourself a high five.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

We don't need a wall, but we can't have open borders. I think the money would be better spent having a vastly more extensive border patrol system. Create some jobs, help keep border states safer, and help keep illegal immigrants out of our country. No solution is perfect, and no solution results in no illegal immigration. But we can't just let people come and go as they please. The wall is overrated in my opinion. I'm sure many cross by that method, but they also use tunnels, airplanes, cars, etc. We need better border security, not a wall necessarily.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:26 am

Dude.

Hey, if you're proud of 6% unemployment, then you should definitely give yourself a high five.
Less than 5% and steadily dropping when leaving office. As opposed to 7% and skyrocketing when taking office.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Mjl wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:35 am

Dude.

Less than 5% and steadily dropping when leaving office. As opposed to 7% and skyrocketing when taking office.
As was widely argued at the time, there is a difference between dropping unemployment levels due to people dropping out of the workforce due to frustration and/or applying for disability because they cannot find a job and actual jobs being available.

Admittedly anecdotal evidence: in the Obama economy, jobs in my field were extremely tight and paid low(ish) wages. You had to know someone to find a job or be willing to accept wages below your education and experience level to be employed. Over the last year, I have gotten at least two unsolicited e-mails per week (usually more) from agencies and independent contractors so desperate for people to fill their jobs that they are offering signing bonuses and allowing people to set their own hours in an effort to lure them away from their current jobs. One company I have been consulting with has been 30-35 workers short for over a year now and have had to raise starting wages twice to get people to take jobs.

Big difference.
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:18 pm

As was widely argued at the time, there is a difference between dropping unemployment levels due to people dropping out of the workforce due to frustration and/or applying for disability because they cannot find a job and actual jobs being available.

Admittedly anecdotal evidence: in the Obama economy, jobs in my field were extremely tight and paid low(ish) wages. You had to know someone to find a job or be willing to accept wages below your education and experience level to be employed. Over the last year, I have gotten at least two unsolicited e-mails per week (usually more) from agencies and independent contractors so desperate for people to fill their jobs that they are offering signing bonuses and allowing people to set their own hours in an effort to lure them away from their current jobs. One company I have been consulting with has been 30-35 workers short for over a year now and have had to raise starting wages twice to get people to take jobs.

Big difference.

Wait, are you that calls my phone every night around dinner time offering me an extended warranty on my car?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Score 1 for Jeepin.
Don't inject Lysol.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The strange stock market run is from buy-backs from tax rebates. Looted from the money treasury had to borrow to finance the tax give-away to the rich. The true value of the markets has diminished. And MAGA has caused a surge in interest rates, taking money from the working class. But the tariffs prove what a great economy this is. Pence's hometown lost $200M. Great news indeed.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Big difference.

Wait, are you that calls my phone every night around dinner time offering me an extended warranty on my car?
Does that pass for humor in the used car sales community?
Deleted User 62

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Big difference.

I wouldn't know, ask your manager.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:17 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 pm

I wouldn't know, ask your manager.
Yikes. Is that the best you can do?
Deleted User 62

Do you always say that as you lose?