lulz
Deleted User 62

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Definitely helps solve the illegal immigration problem. Removes one major incentive. The only group it hurts is Dems looking for more votes.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 pm Executive order to end the 14th amendment

lulz
umm...no.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh god damnit.

You know what I mean.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

So, executive orders basically wipe the Constitution null.and void?

Damn, 6 star General Tangerine is fit for a 19 year term!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ummm...no.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There is no judicial consensus on the significance and meaning of the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

It will have to be tested.

That said, an executive order is not the proper way to go about it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:21 pm Definitely helps solve the illegal immigration problem. Removes one major incentive. The only group it hurts is Dems looking for more votes.
The "only" group? Oh, OK. More than a third of foreign born us citizens eligible to vote dont identify with a party. Maybe the GOP will recognize that 1st and 2nd generation latino immigrants are an important part of the electorate that turn out to vote at a higher rate and start treating them as people instead of labeling them as foreign invaders and pass some responsible, respectable immigration reform.

Frankly, the GOP is dumb for not being all in on that. Low paid, churchgoers who are more uneducated than the general population seems to be in the GOP wheelhouse. I guess the desires of the low paid, uneducated white GOP voters to not live around or compete for low wage jobs against brown people trumps the additional voters. Your loss, I guess.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Thanks, Grover
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:08 am
HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:21 pm Definitely helps solve the illegal immigration problem. Removes one major incentive. The only group it hurts is Dems looking for more votes.
The "only" group? Oh, OK. More than a third of foreign born us citizens eligible to vote dont identify with a party. Maybe the GOP will recognize that 1st and 2nd generation latino immigrants are an important part of the electorate that turn out to vote at a higher rate and start treating them as people instead of labeling them as foreign invaders and pass some responsible, respectable immigration reform.

Frankly, the GOP is dumb for not being all in on that. Low paid, churchgoers who are more uneducated than the general population seems to be in the GOP wheelhouse. I guess the desires of the low paid, uneducated white GOP voters to not live around or compete for low wage jobs against brown people trumps the additional voters. Your loss, I guess.
Wow. Literally none of the people groups you accused me of being prejudiced against would be impacted by the birthright citizenship changes.

It's pretty obvious that Dems are doing what the old Tammany Hall political machine was doing in the mid-1800's through the early 1900's: grabbing the Irish and Italians as they came off the boat, handing them a five dollar bill, and registering them to vote as Democrats. Different century, different countries of origin, same principle.

Worked in New York then, why not nationwide now?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Derp. Ok, Since there is no actual evidence of that happening, I guess we will need to just take you word for it?

Meanwhile, the proven cases of GOP gerrymandering and voter roll purges to manipulate the vote are widespread and well documented. Seems to be yet another case of "we do it so I assume you are as well"?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:17 am Derp. Ok, Since there is no actual evidence of that happening, I guess we will need to just take you word for it?
I understand why you don't want to see it or admit it. Doesn't make it any less true.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:22 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:17 am Derp. Ok, Since there is no actual evidence of that happening, I guess we will need to just take you word for it?
I understand why you don't want to see it or admit it. Doesn't make it any less true.
It's not a case of "don't want to see it or admit it". I just haven't seen proof that bus loads of illegal immigrants are veing rounded up and voting in US elections like some on the Right, including our President, claim.

I have no skin in the game so I would be open to forming a different opinion of what is going on if I saw credible information that it is happening. Feel free to provide me some credible links and I will review them. Enlighten me!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 am
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:22 am
It's not a case of "don't want to see it or admit it". I just haven't seen proof that bus loads of illegal immigrants are veing rounded up and voting in US elections like some on the Right, including our President, claim.

I have no skin in the game so I would be open to forming a different opinion of what is going on if I saw credible information that it is happening. Feel free to provide me some credible links and I will review them. Enlighten me!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one who told me I could Google it myself if I wanted sources?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I've already done it myself. My research failed to find any credible reports of it happening. But I am not a perfect researcher. If you feel that you have a link to a credible report that supports your claim, feel free to share.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am I've already done it myself. My research failed to find any credible reports of it happening. But I am not a perfect researcher. If you feel that you have a link to a credible report that supports your claim, feel free to share.
Anticipating that my best efforts will fail to meet your standards for credibility, I will save myself the time and leave you to your self-imposes delusion.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:03 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am I've already done it myself. My research failed to find any credible reports of it happening. But I am not a perfect researcher. If you feel that you have a link to a credible report that supports your claim, feel free to share.
Anticipating that my best efforts will fail to meet your standards for credibility, I will save myself the time and leave you to your self-imposes delusion.
In other words, Psych is just making up more bullshit.

In other news, water is wet!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:03 am
No seriously. As I said, there is no reason for me to dig in my heels on this topic that means nothing to me. If you think there is evidence out there that shows it has happened then share it. I'd like to read it.

If I am delusional then help me gain more knowledge on the topic, please. Share what you know.