Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by seahawk »

Think how tough it must be to be in whatever hotel or in the White House and he can't knock anyone down and pull out their hair because he looked really silly in his state dinner best.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

I'm not a huge fan, but she isn't wrong:

Madonna: Trump 'overcompensating for how insecure' he feels

Madonna is slamming President Trump, calling him a classic alpha male who bullies others out of insecurity.

“They’re overcompensating for how insecure they feel,” the “Madame X” singer told The New York Times Magazine of Trump and people like him in a wide-ranging profile published Wednesday.

“A man who is secure with himself, a human who is secure with themselves, doesn’t have to go around bullying people all the time,” the 60-year-old Grammy winner said.

The president, said Madonna, is someone “who seemed to be systematically removing all of our personal freedoms.”

The mononymous performer knocked down a 1991 claim from someone purportedly representing Trump that she had asked the then-New York real estate developer out on a date. But she said she did chat with Trump on the phone decades ago.

“I did a Versace campaign with Steven Meisel at his house in Palm Beach,” recalls Madonna. “[Trump in phone calls] kept going: ‘Hey, is everything OK? Finding yourself comfortable? Are the beds comfortable? Is everything good? Are you happy?’”

Madonna was a fervent Hillary Clinton supporter during the 2016 White House race, making headlines in the weeks before the election for publicly pledging to perform oral sex on voters who cast their ballots for the Democratic presidential nominee.

The performer also weighed in on Harvey Weinstein in Wednesday's piece, saying the former Hollywood producer “crossed lines and boundaries and was incredibly sexually flirtatious and forward with me when we were working together; he was married at the time, and I certainly wasn’t interested.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

apparently the US has the cleanest air and water in the world, and they’ve gotten better under drumpf’s leadership

we’re actually setting records for water cleanliness

who knew?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

What blows my mind Trad is that Trump could say the sky is always brown and grass is always pink everywhere in the USA and there are WAY too many people who would believe and try to defend him.
I may get attacked for this but I'll go ahead and say I honesty believe to some people Trump is Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite, (and others) reincarnated - and I will admit the thought of that actually frightens me to a small degree.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Paul1 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:55 am What blows my mind Trad is that Trump could say the sky is always brown and grass is always pink everywhere in the USA and there are WAY too many people who would believe and try to defend him.
I may get attacked for this but I'll go ahead and say I honesty believe to some people Trump is Jim Jones, David Koresh, Marshall Applewhite, (and others) reincarnated - and I will admit the thought of that actually frightens me to a small degree.
Sadly, when Trump said, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose any voters, okay?", he wasn't lying. Like the followers of the people you mentioned, the republican party has become a cult of personality around Trump. Look at how "conservative" republicans like Lindsey Graham, Larry Kudlow, Mitch McConnell, etc., etc., etc., have completely abdicated their previous principles, (law and order party"?), and, for instance, don't have the conviction or strength of character to oppose something as fundamentally anathema to "conservatives" as tariffs, and protectionism. Republicans have long been abject hypocrites when it comes to budget deficits and the national debt, but now, they hardly even try to hide the fact that they've abandoned their previous economic philosophy in order to curry favor with Trump's zombie-brained sycophants. The obsequiousness of their fealty is beyond disturbing, and like you said, it's frightening.
Last edited by Shirley on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I've said it before, but I struggle to envision liberals electing or even producing a candidate like Trump.

When I asked this before, I think one response to who is the liberal equivalent to Trump was, Alec Baldwin. Yet we don't see Baldwin running for office, don't see liberal voters propping him up as The Guy, don't see anyone treating Baldwin as any kind of legitimate political figure.

Liberals seem more likely to question and to doubt, even if it means cannibalizing their own candidate or party's chances. Conservatives seem to have more of a "us vs. them" mentality, for which tribalistic winning trumps character or ideology, no pun intended.

Regarding ideology, I dunno exactly how a liberal candidate would stack up, policy-wise. Trump appealed to a certain "populism" vote by, among other things, vilifying Muslims, Mexicans, the media, the intelligence community, and Crooked Hillary, Lock Her Up!

upon what issues does an extreme liberal populist candidate campaign to become The Guy? (or Gal, or some other gender-neutral pronoun, you know how them crazy libs roll...)
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

To your point ousdahl, didn’t Paul Ryan say that all he needed was a president who is able to hold a pen so that he could sign whatever was put in front of him? The modern GOP is operating under two goals: lining the pockets of themselves and their cronies and hatred of minorities. They will therefore do anything to hold on to power to achieve these goals
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:25 pm I'm not a huge fan, but she isn't wrong:

Madonna: Trump 'overcompensating for how insecure' he feels

Madonna is slamming President Trump, calling him a classic alpha male who bullies others out of insecurity.

“They’re overcompensating for how insecure they feel,” the “Madame X” singer told The New York Times Magazine of Trump and people like him in a wide-ranging profile published Wednesday.

“A man who is secure with himself, a human who is secure with themselves, doesn’t have to go around bullying people all the time,” the 60-year-old Grammy winner said.

The president, said Madonna, is someone “who seemed to be systematically removing all of our personal freedoms.”

The mononymous performer knocked down a 1991 claim from someone purportedly representing Trump that she had asked the then-New York real estate developer out on a date. But she said she did chat with Trump on the phone decades ago.

“I did a Versace campaign with Steven Meisel at his house in Palm Beach,” recalls Madonna. “[Trump in phone calls] kept going: ‘Hey, is everything OK? Finding yourself comfortable? Are the beds comfortable? Is everything good? Are you happy?’”

Madonna was a fervent Hillary Clinton supporter during the 2016 White House race, making headlines in the weeks before the election for publicly pledging to perform oral sex on voters who cast their ballots for the Democratic presidential nominee.

The performer also weighed in on Harvey Weinstein in Wednesday's piece, saying the former Hollywood producer “crossed lines and boundaries and was incredibly sexually flirtatious and forward with me when we were working together; he was married at the time, and I certainly wasn’t interested.”

[...]
Getting valid political opinions from people like Madonna ("the view" as well) is like going to the zoo for an oil change. LOL
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

dolomite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am
Getting valid political opinions from people like Madonna ("the view" as well) is like getting political opinions from someone like drumpf. LOL
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

The View??

What about The Apprentice?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

zsn wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am To your point ousdahl, didn’t Paul Ryan say that all he needed was a president who is able to hold a pen so that he could sign whatever was put in front of him? The modern GOP is operating under two goals: lining the pockets of themselves and their cronies and hatred of minorities. They will therefore do anything to hold on to power to achieve these goals
It is hilarious to me that you dumb@$$#$ think the GOP is the only political party in the US producing dumb@$$#$. Tunnel vision much.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:52 am
Getting valid political opinions from people like Madonna ("the view" as well) is like going to the zoo for an oil change. LOL
How'd that work out for you?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:26 am
zsn wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:13 am To your point ousdahl, didn’t Paul Ryan say that all he needed was a president who is able to hold a pen so that he could sign whatever was put in front of him? The modern GOP is operating under two goals: lining the pockets of themselves and their cronies and hatred of minorities. They will therefore do anything to hold on to power to achieve these goals
It is hilarious to me that you dumb@$$#$ think the GOP is the only political party in the US producing dumb@$$#$. Tunnel vision much.
Who exactly is saying this, Mich? Oversimplify much?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:10 pm
Who exactly is saying this, Mich? Oversimplify much?
ok. Just wanted to verify that we are all on the same page thinking that BOTH political parties have good people doing good work. And that BOTH political parties have dumb@$$#$ doing the work of dumb@$$#$.

Continue.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

So... is ZSN the dumbass? Anyone else?
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Mich - Who specifically are you calling a dumb@$$#$?
I ask because I haven't read every post on every thread but I haven't seen anyone actually state that they feel there are not dumb@$$#$ in other parties.

* Oops! Just read chikn's post. He beat me to it. My apology to all.

* EDIT
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

No, Mich, you don't get to do the "they're all the same" bit with the Trump party. There are no good people doing good work in the Republican Party as long as they're beholden to this man and his cult.

As at this time, they seem to be. Totally.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »