Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:42 am
zsn wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:18 pm
Cassandra wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:13 am ……….because California and especially the Bay Area has gone to hell.
Really? News to at least 30 million people. I look outside and it’s a bright sunny day, flowers are still in bloom, hills are green and the orange trees are full of juicy fruit. Of course, the traffic is horrendous, but that’s because everyone is on their way to a well-paying job. Some hell we live in!
lol
Can't quickly find it, but it calls to mind that meme map of California that, in a jokey but real way, identifies that it's highly problematic to generalize California as any one thing, politically. Which of course makes sense; in nearly every sense, it's probably our most diverse state.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cassandra wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:47 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:39 am The problem with your premise is that there is no Constitutional requirement of Trump having been charged with anything.
Well, in that case, I'll refer you to your own gems of wisdom.
jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:04 pm This sort of flailing response indicates strongly-held, wide-ranging deep dissatisfaction and angst. I have no reason to doubt it is genuinely held.
How am I flailing? The Constitution says what it says. If you have a problem with what it says, then you are free to organize a Constitutional Convention or somesuch.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:47 am
zsn wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:18 pm

Really? News to at least 30 million people. I look outside and it’s a bright sunny day, flowers are still in bloom, hills are green and the orange trees are full of juicy fruit. Of course, the traffic is horrendous, but that’s because everyone is on their way to a well-paying job. Some hell we live in!
lol
Can't quickly find it, but it calls to mind that meme map of California that, in a jokey but real way, identifies that it's highly problematic to generalize California as any one thing, politically. Which of course makes sense; in nearly every sense, it's probably our most diverse state.
There's a reason that the non-coastal areas float the idea of secession from the state every so often.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:50 am
lol
There's a reason that the non-coastal areas float the idea of secession from the state every so often.
And there are reasons, too, why they'd never actually do it.

I'm not defending any side here - not really sure there's a side to defend, or not - just pointing out that describing California as any one particular thing misses what is great and terrible about California.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:52 am

I'm not defending any side here - not really sure there's a side to defend, or not - just pointing out that describing California as any one particular thing misses what is great and terrible about California.
Sorry. I meant that to show agreement with you.

The state is incredibly diverse -- and incredibly beautiful and incredibly rich in natural and human resources. (I'd argue that it is also incredibly poorly governed, but another whole can o' worms.)
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the land of fruits and nuts. is the undisputed heavyweight champion of political $#!thole$. that this country has to offer.

yes. it is pretty to look at. but. egads.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:56 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:52 am

Sorry. I meant that to show agreement with you.

The state is incredibly diverse -- and incredibly beautiful and incredibly rich in natural and human resources. (I'd argue that it is also incredibly poorly governed, but another whole can o' worms.)
Didn't take it as disagreement.

I would agree, also, that it's poorly governed. In part because it's possibly fundamentally ungovernable as a state within a country. I'm not putting that elegantly at all, but it really has a lot more in common with a nation of states than it does any other individual state in the nation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cassandra wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 pm

Section 3
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

It doesn't say "shall have been found guilty of the crime of "insurrection". It says "shall have engaged in". And even if you want to argue that Trump did not engage in insurrection, he most certainly did "give aid" to those who did.
The problem with your premise is that he even hasn't been charged with it. But thank you for at least quoting the actual law. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't support your undemocratic desire for Trump to be forced off the ballet.
Again, the Constitution does not speak to the CRIME of insurrection, just the ACTION. They are two separate things. It is only your failure to understand this that keeps it from supporting the legal basis for a state removing him from their ballot. My desire has nothing to do with this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:53 pm
Cassandra wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:48 pm

Section 3
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

It doesn't say "shall have been found guilty of the crime of "insurrection". It says "shall have engaged in". And even if you want to argue that Trump did not engage in insurrection, he most certainly did "give aid" to those who did.
The problem with your premise is that he even hasn't been charged with it. But thank you for at least quoting the actual law. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't support your undemocratic desire for Trump to be forced off the ballet.
Again, the Constitution does not speak to the CRIME of insurrection, just the ACTION. They are two separate things. It is only your failure to understand this that keeps it from supporting the legal basis for a state removing him from their ballot. My desire has nothing to do with this.
Correct. And this is not a technicality or an oversight or Ye Olde whatever.

We are not talking about depriving someone of life, liberty or even property. We are not talking about punishment. We are not even talking about removal from office.

We are talking only about qualification to hold the office of the President.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:01 pm the land of fruits and nuts. is the undisputed heavyweight champion of political $#!thole$. that this country has to offer.

yes. it is pretty to look at. but. egads.
You live in California?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i have seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90210. twice. i know what's going on in cali.

i don't need to live there to know.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm i have seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90210. twice. i know what's going on in cali.

I'd say you have a gift for parody, but.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

is today Ignorant Troll Day?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mich doesn't even pretend to be anything but a shit stirring troll any more.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:33 pm i have seen every episode of Beverly Hills 90210. twice. i know what's going on in cali.

I admit I laughed - even though it's not funny.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This was pretty good....

https://twitter.com/JaneotN/status/1767054745997382084

In case you're wondering what he was referring to......

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I keep getting Texts from Trump affiliated sites.
Even a few emails.

I can't understand how. I never sign up for or log in to ANY political driven site or cause.

Todays edition:
From Trump: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Will you at least answer question 1?

Take my MAGA POLL now: https://teamtrump.vip/Eawg0

The PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! almost reeled me in.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you have been identified as a weakling that can likely be flipped.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm you have been identified as a weakling that can likely be flipped.
The pod you slept next to put you up to this.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 pm you have been identified as a weakling that can likely be flipped.
Good one.
Zero chance I could be testicles-shocked into voting for that cunt.