Contributor

Re: The Great Outdoors

Post by Overlander »

Homo whales.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Images show a 60-year-old grandmother killer whale named Sophia...in what scientists believe is the first time a single orca was captured on camera killing a great white shark.

Orca takes down a great white shark on camera
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CO legislature introduces a bill to reintroduce the Wolverine
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Iditarod Musher Kills, Guts Moose Who Injured Sled Dog During Race

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2024/03/ ... race-trail
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Interestingly enough, a post on Seavey’s Facebook page states that fellow Iditarod musher Jessie Holmes had an encounter with a moose—it’s not clear if it was the same animal—claiming that he punched the animal “in the nose.”

I'm even more curious how that dood was able to fit his massive dump truck size testicles on a dogsled.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

The Apache trout is one of only two trout native to Arizona. The Apache trout was historically found only in the nearly 700 miles of headwaters of the White, Black and Little Colorado rivers above 5,900 feet. At one point, nearing extinction, Apache trout occupied only 30 miles of their historic range. Now, Apache occupy approximately 25 percent of their native habitat.

“Resilience,“ a film produced by Trout Unlimited, showcases how the Apache Trout has made a remarkable recovery due in large part to the White Mountain Apache Tribe over the course of more than 50 years in northern Arizona.

Resilience - The Rise of Apache Trout
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Anyone wanna go all Apache trout bucket list with me?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

in the Fraser Valley!

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I know it's sorta shit straight outta the y'all tourists thread to do so, but I really wanna see them.

Or maybe the touristy part is not simply seeing them, but then intentionally approaching way too close, taking a selfie with them, and posting it with the caption, "floofy bois"
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Funny, you shit all over the people who literally keep you paid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, there is some irony or something.

But it makes me want to figure out some other way to get paid. (You guys wanna subscribe to my Only Fans?)

I dunno if you know my current line of work, but it’s quite a bit more removed yet from the tourism industry. That’s intentional.

And even then, we nonetheless still encounter yall showing up to raise a fuss about the proverbial early check-in, and various other have yall’s cake and eat it too sorts of entitled bullshit.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so move somewhere that isn't touristy. I swear you inject yourself into situations just to complain about them.

You live in a town that is a tourist destination. You are going to see tourists. Tourists aren't locals. Touristy areas have increased property prices. There are also lots of Tourists in towns that exist mainly because of said tourists (just making sure you got the point).

If you don't like touristy towns then consider relocating. Perhaps to Ouray, it's highly likely a cooler town anyway.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Thanks for the unsolicited life advice.

I’m tempted to post/pm some stories just to see if this sort of behavior is unique to certain areas, or if it’s more an entitled rich people thing generally, but I also know my stories have been received with controversy, and that’s just not what I’m going for.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

if you dont want people to respond then don't post things. it's kinda the point of message boards.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s not that I don’t want people to respond in itself.

It’s that I don’t want people to respond in a controversial way.

More civil dialogue and less shit throwing contests, so to speak.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what wasn't civil about pointing out the painfully obvious?

you don't like where you live because of something that sustains where you live? then leave? you have no wife, no kids to worry about pulling out of school etc. Easiest it will ever be to move is right now. So either do something about it or quit complaining about the same thing over and over again for years.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m sorry, sir. I’m wrong, you’re right. Now please allow me to go double check on accommodating yall’s early checkin.