Re: Behind QT

Post by DCHawk1 »

I spent four years in Lawrence once.

Never saw you.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:18 pm I spent four years in Lawrence once.

Never saw you.
I was probably in Colorado at the time.

Actually, I think you have me by a few years, so I was probably in Louisiana or Hawaii.

These days, look for me behind Johnny’s north.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

But yeah DC. Lots of us that have co-mingled in Lawrence and never ran into each other in 4 years floating through the same space.

And that’s not weird.

Think how unhinged it must be for the mention of one’s wife’s hometown, which is just over 2x the size of LFK in both geographical size and population would suggest to someone that they were going to find one’s family there.

Silly. Unless it was like poster’s past, who had #’s and addresses attached to stuff. That’s eeek level eek.

If anyone does want to meet behind a QT in Lawrence, I’m going to have to insist on the 9th and Iowa location. The construction on 23rd isn’t quite done, and it’s still a bummer.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 pm But yeah DC. Lots of us that have co-mingled in Lawrence and never ran into each other in 4 years floating through the same space.

And that’s not weird.

Think how unhinged it must be for the mention of one’s wife’s hometown, which is just over 2x the size of LFK in both geographical size and population would suggest to someone that they were going to find one’s family there.

Silly. Unless it was like poster’s past, who had #’s and addresses attached to stuff. That’s eeek level eek.

If anyone does want to meet behind a QT in Lawrence, I’m going to have to insist on the 9th and Iowa location. The construction on 23rd isn’t quite done, and it’s still a bummer.
I'll go out on a limb and assume you're not Jewish.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Shirley wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:44 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:32 pm But yeah DC. Lots of us that have co-mingled in Lawrence and never ran into each other in 4 years floating through the same space.

And that’s not weird.

I'll go out on a limb and assume you're not Jewish.
Nope. I’ll ask to let me know when I can mention any city or state in the future, though, as to be sensitive to others.

And I especially won’t post when:if I’m at a live game. Because who knows what kind of crazies that would invite, right?

Oh, speaking of other posters. I invited and went to game with Morgan last weekend. As most on here, I imagine, he’s good people and company.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I met Morgs once at a .commie get together at Freestate.

Seemed like a good dude.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:33 am Well said.
I did not ban Mjl.
so what DID you do?

I just wanna understand the penalty around here for a death threat

…not that I plan to make any myself.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:32 am
pdub wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:33 am Well said.
I did not ban Mjl.
so what DID you do?

I just wanna understand the penalty around here for a death threat

…not that I plan to make any myself.
Is saying KYS to a poster a death threat? Since you are hoping they do it themselves?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I looked at the situation, saw what was said, while keeping perspective on each poster's history here, and moderated as best I saw fit.

I tend to give warnings to first time offenders before any long term timeouts.
mjl is a good poster so he got a warning.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:39 am I looked at the situation, saw what was said, while keeping perspective on each poster's history here, and moderated as best I saw fit.

#reasonable
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

For the record, mjl really did frighten me. Still does.

I thought real life stalking and violent threats is the exact same shit that got gusher permabanned, but I guess it’s some case by case basis here.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
As I wrote clearly above, it is a case by case basis.
I believe some time ago you used a borderline bannable derogatory word for black people and if it had been someone with three posts who I didn't know anything about, I woulda banned em right there on the spot. But in your case, I didn't.

In gusher's case, he was threatening multiple posters, multiple times, with legitimate information that he had gone digging for, including mods, and was generally offensive and borderline trollish.

So yes.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:56 pm Yes.
As I wrote clearly above, it is a case by case basis.
I believe some time ago you used a borderline bannable derogatory word for black people and if it had been someone with three posts who I didn't know anything about, I woulda banned em right there on the spot. But in your case, I didn't.

In gusher's case, he was threatening multiple posters, multiple times, with legitimate information that he had gone digging for, including mods, and was generally offensive and borderline trollish.

So yes.
Gusher was a habitual line stepper...well beyond tolerable.

I disagree with some posters here, but I don't want them banned.

Even Illy. When Illy came out of time out, he was ok for 2-3 weeks, then had a predictable slide downward until his next time out. With railroad line dependability.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't tend to ban people permanently unless I have to.
Your boy ( or as PhD used to put it, my boy ) randy got a month timeout for just crossing the line once again after dancing all around it for his entire posting career.

So if randy is getting a month timeout, mjl certainly gets a 'probably wasted and pissed off at Ousdahl for his month of very debatable and possibly offensive and possibly misinformed brouhaha' after the KU game do-over.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:18 pm I spent four years in Lawrence once.

Never saw you.
Same here. Never saw the guy.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:39 am I looked at the situation, saw what was said, while keeping perspective on each poster's history here, and moderated as best I saw fit.

You're fine. Admin'ing isn't easy. Like reffing a game. You'll never make everyone happy. Never.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Is the “borderline bannable derogatory word” about the time illy repeatedly accused me of using such a word, and I repeatedly denied it, and he repeatedly doubled down, so I repeatedly suggested he simply quote the post with the word to prove me wrong, and he repeatedly failed to do so, because such a post doesn’t exist?

Cuz, yea, about that…
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

how bout calling people literal nazis?

stop the merry go round of victimhood.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, again, sorry about that.

How about calling people Putin parrots?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Everyone involved in this sounds like a little bitch. (1995 usage).

I guess this a good thread to be in for that.

Oh, and real life no BS QT story….went into 9th and Iowa QT to pee, get a coffee, and a donut (they have the best previously frozen served fresh donuts!)

As I walked in, dude at urinal jumped up a step and a half to his urinal, out his head down. I looked at ground, and motherfucker had been kissing all over walls, floors. I immediately left. Did not get donut, or coffee. Didn’t go across the street to Munchers, either. I think their donuts are highly overrated. And their coffee sucks.