Behind QT

You Love It.
Walrus

Re: Behind QT

Post by Walrus »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 am I love me some Pearl Jam but get why people don't like it.
It's grunge and because it was one of those leaders of the movement, it's overrated.
For me, the Beatles are like this but on a more exponential level.

Never been a big fan of Vedder's voice, but... songs like Evenflow, Black and Yellow Ledbetter are very good songs. Compared to most music in 2020, Pearl Jam looks like a God.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:27 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:37 am I love me some Pearl Jam but get why people don't like it.
It's grunge and because it was one of those leaders of the movement, it's overrated.

Never been a big fan of Vedder's voice, but... songs like Evenflow, Black and Yellow Ledbetter are very good songs. Compared to most music in 2020, Pearl Jam looks like a God.
No
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I don’t get the whole mumble rap thing. My youngest plays it in my car and talks about how deep and profound the lyrics are, and I’m like “How can you even understand what he’s saying?”
Last edited by HouseDivided on Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:58 pm

I don’t get the whole mumble rap thing. My youngest plays it in my car and talks about how deep and round the lyrics are, and I’m like “How can you even understand what he’s saying?”
That, and auto tune
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I don’t get the whole mumble rap thing. My youngest plays it in my car and talks about how deep and round the lyrics are, and I’m like “How can you even understand what he’s saying?”

Okay, I'm showing my age a bit, but what is "mumble rap"? Is it just rap where the lyrics are near impossible to understand? I remember listening to Snopp Dogg when I was 13, just because it was considered "taboo".

And yes, auto tune. Horrible. It's better to let the singer go out of tune sometimes, as it's more appealing.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Walrus wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Okay, I'm showing my age a bit, but what is "mumble rap"? Is it just rap where the lyrics are near impossible to understand? I remember listening to Snopp Dogg when I was 13, just because it was considered "taboo".

And yes, auto tune. Horrible. It's better to let the singer go out of tune sometimes, as it's more appealing.
It is different than old school rap in that it’s almost just randomly saying stuff as fast as possible. It doesn’t rhyme and it doesn’t have a melody, it’s just noise. I don’t get it, but then again, I’m not the demographic it targets.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My dad said the same thing about Buffalo Springfield.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Em don't like mumble rap neither. Hes right.
Just Ledoux it
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 pm Em don't like mumble rap neither. Hes right.
He’s got a list; here’s the order of the list that it’s in . . .
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:26 am
TDub wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:30 pm Em don't like mumble rap neither. Hes right.
He’s got a list; here’s the order of the list that it’s in . . .
Reggie, Jay-Z, Tupac and Biggie
Andre from Outkast, Jada, Kurupt, Nas and then me…
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Who is reggie?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Songs about nothin' and mumble!
And fuck it, I'm goin' for the jugular
Shit is a circus, you clowns that are comin' up
Don't give an ounce of a motherfuck
About the ones that were here before you that made rap, let's recap
Way back, MC's that wreak havoc on tape decks
ADATs, where the G Raps and Kanes at?
We need 3 Stacks ASAP, and bring Masta Ace back
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 am Who is reggie?
Redman
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Which..... is an odd choice
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Redman is hilarious. His MTV cribs was 1 of the best ever.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ummm.

Can, um, certain posters please chill?

It’s one thing on the pols bored.

And in this thread, talk all the shit you want.

And, heads up! If you call somebody out about something and they ask you to clarify and you won’t or can’t, it only makes you look even sillier.

But now we can’t even enjoy a game thread without you douching it up there too?

Please.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Shut up lopster
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The phd/lobster beef is getting good.

Surf and turf!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I ain't got no beef with PhD. I just point out his contradictions and why he is wrong about some issues.