Ticketmaster still sucks....

Coffee talk.
Cascadia

Ticketmaster still sucks....

Post by Cascadia »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... rs-726353/

Honestly, I'm not really that surprised. Ticketmaster has been shady for decades.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Ticketmaster still sucks....

Post by jfish26 »

The entire industry is rotten (I know it pretty well). It's also an incredibly easy target (target? may be the wrong word) for money laundering.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

What is the best ticket broker to use?

I look here and there at Stubhub and Tickets For Less. I like the Tickets For Less being free of fees, but Stubhub has the better variety it seems.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Stub hub has always worked well for me.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

With the exception of StubHub, all of the common reseller sites run off the same back-end (as mentioned, I know way more about this stuff than I ever wanted to). I use something called TicketLite, because there's a huge Southwest RapidRewards point bonus (currently 7x). You go drop $500 or something on tickets and that ends up being a meaningful amount.

Also - I would highly recommend having browser cookies enabled and getting to the end of a transaction (on any of the sites), after you've given an email address, and then closing the window before completing. More often than not, you'll get an email pretty quickly offering some discount.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 am Stub hub has always worked well for me.
I like them as well, but hate paying the pretty high fees.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I am seeing the last few posts and I laugh. I have had MAJOR problems with Stubhub. I try not to use Stubhub - unless I don't have other options with comparable prices and seats.
That being said, I had a good experience with Stubhub on Wednesday - and was pleasantly surprised.

Anyways, Yep, Ticketmaster still sucks!!!!

System (Ticketmaster US)
Nov 25, 2022, 14:55 GMT

(14:53:54) Keith Q: Hello (my user name),

I am Keith, your Ticketmaster support.

I understand that you want to purchase a ticket.
I need a bit more information from you before I can review your request. Please reply with the following information:

Date:
Time:
Section, Row, Seats:

My response....

Hi, thanks for getting back to me!
My request is for the College Football Playoff National Championship game on January 9th 2023 at 4:30pm Pacific time.
I went on-line to purchase a ticket in section C116 Row 8 Seat 17. Unfortunately it does not let me choose a particular/specific seat.
Is there a way for me to purchase a particular/specific seat number than I want?
Please let me know. Thank you!

Ticketmaster response.....

System (Ticketmaster US)
Nov 25, 2022, 16:48 GMT

(16:47:08) Keith Q: Hello,
(16:48:39) Keith Q: Hello,

Upon checking the event venue to review the seats I see that a lot of sections have been running out of seats. We suggest you to select for a different seats.

My response....

I can only assume you’re either kidding with that response or you simply don’t care about me as a customer.
Either way, I’ll be respectful and say - thanks anyways and have a good rest of your day.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

You told his ass Gutman!
Fuck Keith Q!