NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL 2018

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:52 pm Our Super Bowl chances were left in a hotel in Cleveland.
Ware Williams have basically matched the RB's production pre-Hunt release so far. So don't think that's accurate. It's been an underperforming secondary and the ILBs that have shown the most vulnerability in the last month or so.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:57 pm
Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:52 pm Our Super Bowl chances were left in a hotel in Cleveland.
I was talking to a Chiefs fan friend about this. You know the Chiefs are going to Chiefs, and it's just a matter of what and when. So, when the Chiefs Chief, anything that is not a Teddy Bridgewater-esque injury (or worse) to Mahomes is really a blessing. Knock on wood. Gotta take the Kareem hit and move on.
Certainly, count me among the Chiefs fans who hope that the Chiefsing is in the form of a defensive meltdown so egregious that it forces a different direction at coordinator.

The offense simply crapping out, or Reid doing something idiotic, or the refs or a kicker blowing it...those don't at least come with the upside of a new DC.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:03 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:57 pm
I was talking to a Chiefs fan friend about this. You know the Chiefs are going to Chiefs, and it's just a matter of what and when. So, when the Chiefs Chief, anything that is not a Teddy Bridgewater-esque injury (or worse) to Mahomes is really a blessing. Knock on wood. Gotta take the Kareem hit and move on.
Certainly, count me among the Chiefs fans who hope that the Chiefsing is in the form of a defensive meltdown so egregious that it forces a different direction at coordinator.

The offense simply crapping out, or Reid doing something idiotic, or the refs or a kicker blowing it...those don't at least come with the upside of a new DC.
Was it Sutton that gave up 0 TD's to Pittsburgh?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You're proving my point.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Make your predictions.....

Indi at Houston
Seattle at Dallas
LA Chargers at Baltimore
Philly at Chicago

Houston
Dallas
Baltimore
Philly
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Colts
Hawks
Bolts
Bears

Next rounds matchups..

Colts/Chiefs
Hawks/Saints
Bolts/Pats
Bears/Rams
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

All of the coaches are getting fired. This doesn't bode well for the NFL. There just aren't 10 good candidates sitting there in any given offseason.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Agreed..

Toub and Bieniemy probably get looks from KCs staff. Think Campbell from Iowa State gets a look as well. Does someone get desperate enough to try to get Rex Ryan?

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

This will probably end up being way off, but why do I feel like we will be talking about the Ravens a lot in January?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am All of the coaches are getting fired. This doesn't bode well for the NFL. There just aren't 10 good candidates sitting there in any given offseason.
I agree with taking chances, though. Might as well shuffle them in and out until you strike gold instead of sticking with a guy you know isn't going to get it done (Vance Joseph) or doing the ultimate NFL thing and hiring a re-tread that you know isn't going to get it done (Rex Ryan).
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:12 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am All of the coaches are getting fired. This doesn't bode well for the NFL. There just aren't 10 good candidates sitting there in any given offseason.
I agree with taking chances, though. Might as well shuffle them in and out until you strike gold instead of sticking with a guy you know isn't going to get it done (Vance Joseph) or doing the ultimate NFL thing and hiring a re-tread that you know isn't going to get it done (Rex Ryan).
So many dead-end jobs out there. Just off the top of my head, Cardinals, Jets, Broncos and Bucs are nearly hopeless. Dolphins and Bengals have also-ran ceilings, and Packers are only a bit ahead of that. Browns, somehow, might be the best job of the bunch (of those presently open).
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cards and Jets have a QB.

Dolphins, Bengals, Bucs - wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Packers and Broncos - good organizations but a horrible job. Huge expectations, no football talent.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am Cards and Jets have a QB.

Packers and Broncos - good organizations but a horrible job. Huge expectations, no football talent.
At least with the Packers job, you're (theoretically) some good fringe roster moves from having a puncher's chance, for at least a few more years.

The AFC West might be the most locked-up division in the NFL for the next 5-8 years. The Raiders won't ever not be the Raiders. The Broncos don't have a quarterback, or seemingly a plan for getting one. And the Chargers will be in the same boat as soon as Cool Papa Rivers moves on.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:11 am This will probably end up being way off, but why do I feel like we will be talking about the Ravens a lot in January?
They're such a wild card. Great defense, great rushing attack. But can Lamar beat you through the air consistently? That's where they could get hung up a bit.

But I will say this, I do not want them to come to Arrowhead for the Divisional Round.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think the final scores in the playoffs will resemble more the second half of the season rather than the first half. That bodes well for the Ravens. Ravens are a Tyreek Hill shenanigans 4th quarter play away from winning their last 7 games.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am Cards and Jets have a QB.

At least with the Packers job, you're (theoretically) some good fringe roster moves from having a puncher's chance, for at least a few more years.

The AFC West might be the most locked-up division in the NFL for the next 5-8 years. The Raiders won't ever not be the Raiders. The Broncos don't have a quarterback, or seemingly a plan for getting one. And the Chargers will be in the same boat as soon as Cool Papa Rivers moves on.
Broncos just need to bite the bullet. I'd go Kyler Murray, but Drew Lock will be available.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:12 amor doing the ultimate NFL thing and hiring a re-tread that you know isn't going to get it done (Rex Ryan).
And so it begins:

"I think [Hue Jackson's] more than qualified," [Marvin] Lewis said at the news conference. "I think he's been in a couple of difficult situations [in Oakland and Cleveland], and that's tough, and it hasn't broke his way. But I think he's an excellent football coach, he's a great motivator, he's detailed. So I think he deserves an opportunity, if not here, somewhere else."
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hue must have so much shit on the league that the NFL mandates that an NFL team must employ him at all times.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'd hire Kliff Kingsbury 11 times out of 10 before Hue Jackson.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

GMs love Hue. People guy and for the most part players like him. These days though I would think he is viewed more as a coordinator than a HC candidate.
Holidaysmore - 2005