NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 183

Re: NFL 2018

Post by Deleted User 183 »

You beat me to it holiday.
Nice get!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu4vQJpgpaV/?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The Chiefs top target. They got him. Cheaper than Collins and a more versatile player.

Can play in slot, in the box and deep.

Kind of forgot just how young he is. Only 26.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like it.
That’s a lot of cash.
Do they release Berry ( I know they don’t save this year but would next )?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

As long as he can hold up physically that could be the Chiefs guy for awhile. Love the fire, emotion and intensity that guy plays with. Well respected too.

I’m not sure on EB. If anything happens it will be after June 1st. My gut tells me the Chiefs might keep him around through summer workouts and see how he is progressing.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sounds like they'll cut him.
They can save 9.5 million in cap space if they cut him before March 15th I think?
There's dead money that goes with that this year, 7 mill, and next year, 8 mill, but if i'm reading it right, 9.5 million in cap might get you a veteran corner.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Berry is gone post June 1 cut. They're kind of the same guy. And $27M locked up at the safety position is a lot considering one guy is iffy when it comes to health.

They have a first this year after giving it up last year for Mahomes. They'll get a secondary guy within the first 2 rounds.

4 picks in first 3 rounds. Need to have at least 2 Day 1 starters on the defensive side of the ball in this draft.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

shindig

Post by shindig »

Don't we need some corners? God if we go with Scandrick and Nelson I'm outta here. :)
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Both those dudes are FA's.
We have Fuller and Ward and thats it really.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think they'll get a corner in the first round. And then have him paired up with some combo of Kyle Fuller, Charvarius Ward and Tremon Smith. But I think that a rookie CB would pair with Ward mostly as the outside guys and Fuller could then follow a receiver or be in the slot, where he is best.

Nelson and Scandrick are FA and likely won't be back.

Think Chiefs will try and go hard for DeAndre Baker from Georgia, Byron Murphy from Washington or Greedy Williams from LSU. If they get either of those 3, they'll be a starter from the first day they step foot at the facility.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Which is the reason why I believe the Chiefs want to move Dee Ford. They want to have as much leverage to get a corner as possible. I believe that Veach saw this team who led the league in sacks but still finished in the bottom of total overall defensive stats and is going to prioritize the secondary and stopping the run.
Holidaysmore - 2005
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

What about LB’s? Don’t the chiefs also need an MLB now?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:31 pm What about LB’s? Don’t the chiefs also need an MLB now?
They do have Ragland and Hitchens. Ragland a perfect MLB in the 4-3. Downhill guy who can attack the line. Hitchens is a great Sam LB, that's what he was in Dallas before he got to KC. O'Daniel or Niemann could be the other LB in the 4-3. But I think the Chiefs might get a LB in the draft. But I think they won't do anything in FA.

columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm
columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:31 pm What about LB’s? Don’t the chiefs also need an MLB now?
They do have Ragland and Hitchens. Ragland a perfect MLB in the 4-3. Downhill guy who can attack the line. Hitchens is a great Sam LB, that's what he was in Dallas before he got to KC. O'Daniel or Niemann could be the other LB in the 4-3. But I think the Chiefs might get a LB in the draft. But I think they won't do anything in FA.
Makes sense. Only thing that worries me is Ragland if he ends up doing any sort of man pass coverage. I guess with higher quality safeties playing maybe that’s not as big of a risk.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

columbusdjkc wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:52 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:35 pm
Makes sense. Only thing that worries me is Ragland if he ends up doing any sort of man pass coverage. I guess with higher quality safeties playing maybe that’s not as big of a risk.
Ragland is a 2-down MLB. Play in rushing situations, and sub-out when it comes time for passing situations. He won't need to cover a whole bunch because he won't be in the game in those situations.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:36 pm Can the Browns make noise in the AFC North if the Steelers loose Antonio Brown? It's odd for me to say this but I think the Browns will be in the top half of the NFL next year.
I think they win the North now.
OBJ. Landry. Chubb. Hunt. Mayfield.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Brownies might be the most much watch football next year.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If Bake becomes a top tier QB next year with the weapons they have around him LOOK OUT. Our old friend, John Dorsey making power moves.

Sounds like Ford could be on his way to San Fran.
Holidaysmore - 2005
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Chiefs picked up another cowboys LB. Damien Wilson.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs better get at least a 2nd and another pick or I don’t think it’s worth it.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Ford to SF for a 2020 2nd rounder.