Deleted User 89

Re: NFL 2018

Post by Deleted User 89 »

fuck the pats, and fuck brady
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Pats sure get away with holds on both sides of the ball.
Deleted User 89

and brady sure cries to the stripes a lot
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

lobster wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:07 pm Holy shit the Chargers are getting their ass pounded. Not what I was expecting. They really got the bad end of the stick this year with a 12-4 record. I mean, they are 12-4 playing on the road to a team that was 11-5.

We'll have our hands full with New England. Time for some payback. If our defense plays like it did against the Colts, we'll have a good chance.
They only beat us by 3 at their place.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

By no means am I confident because, well, it's the Chiefs and it's the Patriots. But I like our chances and I think we match up well. It's going to be a LONG week waiting for this one.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

lobster wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:07 pm Holy shit the Chargers are getting their ass pounded. Not what I was expecting. They really got the bad end of the stick this year with a 12-4 record. I mean, they are 12-4 playing on the road to a team that was 11-5.

We'll have our hands full with New England. Time for some payback. If our defense plays like it did against the Colts, we'll have a good chance.
If the stripes don't call PI or holding on every third down the chefs should win. Amazing how PI and d holding are called differently in post season
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I would say these are the matchups that NFL fans overall wanted to see without taking into consideration team fandom.

Spreads are about right and will make for good drama. If I had to pick, which these are coin flips, I'd go with one last HOF matchup between Brady and Brees. That would be the last of the old guard in the Super Bowl.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am I would say these are the matchups that NFL fans overall wanted to see without taking into consideration team fandom.
I read something that like the last 8 Super Bowls have all either included the 1 or the 2 seed from at least one side of the bracket. As will be the case again this year.

And I think the 4 best teams are in the Conference Championship games.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The NFL Playoffs are pretty perfect. You don't need a long postseason and a bunch of teams to decide who the best team is after 32 teams play 16 games.
oreadical

Post by oreadical »

KC opens as -3 favorites. (O/U 57.5).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Surprised the O/U isn't in the 60s. Considering the teams went for 83 earlier in the year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cold weather may slow the offenses down a bit.
31-28 kinda deal.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

https://www.instagram.com/thebeastufc/p ... xkggtuptdj

Wtf? Someone give this man a drug test.
Deleted User 89

lol...brady tired of pats getting disrespected

(headline on first take)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:05 am lol...brady tired of pats getting disrespected

(headline on first take)
Obviously the Pats playing the disrespect card is pretty hilarious.

But, go look at the Mahomie thread as it's filled with Chiefs fans completely unconcerned about Tom Brady and the Patriots even going so far to say how bad they are this year.

That attitude is pretty prevalent around the city, which leads me to believe that regardless of the result on Sunday, Kansas City is going to be an absolute shit show after the game.
Deleted User 89

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:25 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:05 am lol...brady tired of pats getting disrespected

(headline on first take)
Obviously the Pats playing the disrespect card is pretty hilarious.

But, go look at the Mahomie thread as it's filled with Chiefs fans completely unconcerned about Tom Brady and the Patriots even going so far to say how bad they are this year.

That attitude is pretty prevalent around the city, which leads me to believe that regardless of the result on Sunday, Kansas City is going to be an absolute shit show after the game.
but is that the take nationally?

(i honestly don’t know...don’t follow the pigskin all that closely)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not sure. The Chiefs are favored both in Vegas and according to stat nerds.

If you ask my one true Pats fan friend who is from Boston, he thinks they're going to get beat pretty good. Of course, he's one of those Boston fans that thinks they will lose every single game they play.

Bill Simmons, in all of his smugness, doesn't seem too worried about the Chiefs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am Bill Simmons, in all of his smugness, doesn't seem too worried about the Chiefs.
The same guy who thought the Celtics would win 67 games or whatever this year.

I don't think the cold will be too much of a factor. It shouldn't be wet as they'll have field covered and the snow will be gone on Saturday. Might be some ice on the field because of moisture in the air, but nothing too crazy.

Think the Chiefs win 30-20.

You just can't ignore the home and road difference for the Pats. And the Chiefs defense has played very well the last few weeks.

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

The Chiefs are the better team.....but it's so hard to count out Tom Brady. He's the best ever post season QB in my opinion. They just seem to find ways to win games.

I think it'll be an instant classic that either team can win.....or the Chiefs inexperience at QB and questionable (at times, not always) defense will finally catch up to them.

Either way, the future is bright in Kansas City. Mahomes is a baller.