NFL 2018

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NFL 2018

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Also mad that Brock freaking Osweiler beat da Bears.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:28 am Somebody is upset that the Packers are back in the NFC North picture.
Not happy about it but if someone told me on 10/16/18 the Bears would be leading the division I would have told them they were nuts.
Somebody is more upset that the NFL has come down to the refs interpretation of the rules and their calls and non-calls basically dictating who wins and loses games - and it is ruining the league.
I swear, for me, it's almost become unwatchable.
Last edited by Deleted User 57 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I agree with you there Gutter's mother.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Now that he got released by the Raiders do the Chiefs consider him?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Probably not. You make it to the bye week. Get everyone right and healthy. Chiefs are trying to be younger on defense. A ILB cut by the worst team in the league probably won’t help. He’ll be back as a coach someday, but not as a player.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Case Keenum struggling after the Broncos figured he'd come in and save them from their recent QB disasters.

And now the backup QB:
Broncos waived QB Chad Kelly.

Now ex-teammate Von Miller had a Halloween party Monday night. Kelly apparently got too intoxicated, had physical altercations with a guest and then security. The 24-year-old somehow then ended up in a stranger's residence, sitting on the couch, mumbling incoherent words. Police arrived and arrested Kelly for first-degree criminal trespassing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:24 am Case Keenum struggling after the Broncos figured he'd come in and save them from their recent QB disasters.

And now the backup QB:
Broncos waived QB Chad Kelly.

Now ex-teammate Von Miller had a Halloween party Monday night. Kelly apparently got too intoxicated, had physical altercations with a guest and then security. The 24-year-old somehow then ended up in a stranger's residence, sitting on the couch, mumbling incoherent words. Police arrived and arrested Kelly for first-degree criminal trespassing.

http://www.rotoworld.com/
they're calling Uncle Rico
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Former 5th round pick of KC, Kevin Hogan is now backup.

Denver is still pretty bad guys. They're going to have a rough few upcoming years. DT and Sanders are getting older. Keenum is not a top 15 QB. Nice young running backs and a couple pieces on defense, but that's about it.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The sooner the Broncos and Elway admit they have to start over the better off they will be.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:06 pm The sooner the Broncos and Elway admit they have to start over the better off they will be.
Can we also just say that Elway is not a good GM?

Got lucky with Peyton. But I think they only have 1 guy remaining on their team for 2017 draft. All their most recent drafts have stunk. He's done well in discovering undrafted guys like Harris and the RB Lindsey. But he drafted Lynch and Kelly, signed Keenum and not one of those have worked out so far.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hope they keep Elway forever.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Hear! Hear!

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Line is at 10.5 for the Chiefs.
Seems like a lot.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Broncos could get Pac-Man and Shane Ray back. With one win against the Chiefs they are right back in the hunt for a playoff spot. Broncos believe they still have something to play for.
For the Chiefs defense it is simple - with Freeman most likely out it is stop Lindsay and make Keenum beat you.
Chiefs offense...keep up with the status quo.

Chiefs are simply the better team. 30-17 Chiefs.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Emmanuel Sanders over/under 119.5 yards.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Avg targets through seven games: 8.7 - call it 9
Avg yards 86

Last time against the Chiefs he had five catches for 45 yds. My guess is that Denver will look to initially run the ball but if they fall behind and have to play catch up they will go to the air.

On Sanders hitting 119.5 I would take the under.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:18 pm Emmanuel Sanders over/under 119.5 yards.
Under for him.

The Chiefs have actually been really good against the 1 and 2 WR for opposing teams this year. It's the TE and RB that are killing them. You look at the games so far for the Chiefs defense and who hurt them from the opposing offense.
Ekeler and Gordon went off in game 1. Chargers WR dropped balls, but that happens.
With Game 2, James the TE from Pittsburgh did well but JuJu and AB held somewhat in check.
San Fran just sucked all around in Game 3.
Game 4 against Denver it was their running game, but Sanders and DT didn't do much.
Game 5 against the Jags was LOL all around with Bortles.
Game 6 against NE it was Gronk and James White out of backfield. Edelman and Hogan relatively quiet. Running game hurt Chiefs early on.
Game 7 Green got his like he always does for Cincy, but no one else did well at all.

Corners are doing well, ILB and safeties are not. Will be interesting to see if DoD keeps playing ILB and what happens when Dirty Dan and EB get healthy. Might improve in the TE/RB coverage department significantly.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If you believe Pro Football Rankings Scandrick and Nelson have been playing better each week. Now Scandrick gave up a ton of yards to Green but in the broad scope of things I can live with that.

You are right. LB and Safety coverage are the glaring weakness right now for the Chiefs (well minus the run). With the injury to Tremon I can see DoD's snaps going up dramatically. He has a huge upside. I really like the Lucas kid. He can play. Dirty Dan is okay in coverage. Same with or slightly worse for Parker. An 80% EB and an 80% Houston for the rest of the year we might as well start looking for hotel rooms from Sandy Springs to downtown A.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 pm An 80% EB and an 80% Houston for the rest of the year we might as well start looking for hotel rooms from Sandy Springs to downtown A.
This is accurate. Without Houston/Berry/Dirty Dan and many others, the Pats gave the Chiefs their best shot at home with a fully healthy roster with Gronk, Edelman, White, Hogan and Brady and still eeked out a win just barely.

If that game is at Arrowhead with a healthy KC team in January, then there is no doubt that KC wins by 10 and moves on to A-Town.

I honestly think that the KC/LA Rams game in Mexico City is a Super Bowl preview. Those are the top 2 teams by far in the NFL and if both healthy, there is nobody that can stop them.

Which speaking of that game in Mexico City. Early projections are that the O/U is going to be in the range of 65. That is unheard of in an NFL game. I think Rams favored by maybe 3..? So they are expecting a 34-31 game. That's really high to set the O/U bar.

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

If/but/we should/we would/no doubt/etc.
The nice thing is it seems often (more often than not?) the best team in each conference actually makes the Super Bowl.
Problem is obviously it doesn't always happen and there were 3 consecutive Super Bowls that were won by teams that were 10-6, 9-7, and 10-6 in the regular season.
I also recall a 10-6 regular season Giants team beat a 16-0 regular season Patriots team in the Super Bowl.
Don't get me wrong, I like the Chiefs chances to win the AFC and play in the Super Bowl but I can't say I think it's all but a forgone conclusion. I'm firmly on the bandwagon though.