Fantasy Football

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by jfish26 »

In a draft now where I have Kelce as a keeper in Round 3. Got Elliott and Chubb with my 1 and 2. Pretty pleased with this.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Mahomes has gone way too early in both of my drafts. 3rd round in one and early 4th in another. Early 5th is the highest he should go and that’s still probably a reach.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:14 am Mahomes has gone way too early in both of my drafts. 3rd round in one and early 4th in another. Early 5th is the highest he should go and that’s still probably a reach.
If you think he comes close to production of last year, you grab him very early as he'll be one of the top point getters across the board. Just my 2 cents.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The problem is that his advantage over the other options isn't nearly as significant as is the case with high-end RBs and, to a lesser extent, WR/TEs.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:43 pm The problem is that his advantage over the other options isn't nearly as significant as is the case with high-end RBs and, to a lesser extent, WR/TEs.
Exactly
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I got him in the 3rd and I think the difference between him and Deshaun Watson will be worth the difference between Stefon Diggs and Chris Godwin.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mahomes had 417 points in my league settings.
The next best was Matt Ryan with 354 points.
63 points.

Diggs had 163 points.
Godwin 127.
36 points.

I'm fine with my 'reach'.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just drafted in my league. A public league that is only for winners of a public league last year. Drafted 9th out of 10..

QB Baker Goff
RB Bell, Mack, McCoy, Penny, Lindsay
WR Mike Thomas, Evans, Watkins, C Davis
TE Ertz Walker
Def Chiefs
K Myers (Sea)

Not a bad draft. Predicted to finish 3rd and go 10-4.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Def Chiefs.

Now that is some homer-ism!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh for sure. But also they’re going against some bad offenses this year..

Oakland and Denver twice. Baltimore. Detroit. Colts and others.

I’ll drop them likely halfway through and then do pickups per week based on matchups. Usually how I go through a season anyway. But those first 5 weeks are pretty easy for them.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Looks like my Melvin Gordon pick up late might not have been worth it.
Oops.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Finally doing our draft tonight. It is always an interesting experience to draft with this group. Lots of head scratchers is their norm.

We do the old school draft at a bar with the board and the stickers, which means you have to be pretty prepared. Hopefully they continue to leave guys available to me that should never have fallen to me like the last 2 years.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I have 104 teams this year. I'm as serious as a heart attack.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You do you but I think having more than 3 teams is a cop out so that you can find one of the many teams that are title contenders and then talk about how good you are at fantasy football.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

I know I am not good at Fantasy Football. Thus the reason why I do free leagues/teams on Yahoo. Last year I had 64 teams. Only 8 made the playoffs. JUNK!
A few years ago I was in a league that cost me a couple hundred dollars. Seem to recall finishing in either 2nd or 3rd to last. Found no need for more punishment after that.

Good luck to all of you who are in legit leagues! GO BEARS!
shindig

Post by shindig »

I haven't done Fantasy football in years. I barely know most of the Chiefs players and generally have no clue of other team players except maybe the QB or a stud RB.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:14 am Mahomes has gone way too early in both of my drafts. 3rd round in one and early 4th in another. Early 5th is the highest he should go and that’s still probably a reach.
Mahomes went #7 in the 1st Round in my draft, with Kelce going #8. These guys wonder how I keep taking their money every year.

Drafted #9 in a 10 team half point PPR league and got

QB Carson Wentz
RB LeVeon Bell
RB Chris Carson
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Brandin Cooks
Flex Tyler Lockett
TE Jared Cook
DST New Orleans
K Justin Tucker
B James White
B Will Fuller
B Matt Brieda
B Michael Gallup
B Mecole Hardman

Took Hardman with my last pick as a flyer (no pun intended). Anyone think he stays behind Watkins all year? I don't.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Paul1 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:24 pm I have 104 teams this year. I'm as serious as a heart attack.
Gross. What's the point at that volume?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:07 am
Mahomes went #7 in the 1st Round in my draft, with Kelce going #8. These guys wonder how I keep taking their money every year.

Drafted #9 in a 10 team half point PPR league and got

QB Carson Wentz
RB LeVeon Bell
RB Chris Carson
WR Tyreek Hill
WR Brandin Cooks
Flex Tyler Lockett
TE Jared Cook
DST New Orleans
K Justin Tucker
B James White
B Will Fuller
B Matt Brieda
B Michael Gallup
B Mecole Hardman

Took Hardman with my last pick as a flyer (no pun intended). Anyone think he stays behind Watkins all year? I don't.
I have Hardman in all three of my teams. Huge potential if anyone underperforms, get injured or gets suspended
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That's what I was thinking and if he's not then he cost me nothing but a 14th round pick. It gives me something additional to cheer for while watching the Chiefs.