Fantasy Football

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by pdub »

Might not have gone worse during my bye.

I need one of Tyreek or Jefferson to play or I’m looking at waiver scraps.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I finished 2nd in my league in total fantasy points and missed the playoffs with a 6-7-1 record. Ugh. Maybe someday I will learn to stop micromanaging my QB position.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

same...finished 2nd in total points score and missed the playoffs. dumb
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Injuries to both my fantasy teams over the last two weeks might have me going from regular season champ to out. Hope not.

Main league: Tank Dell, Tyreek, Jefferson.

Trophy: Keenan Allen.

And the Justin Herbert and Keenan injury also screws with Ekeler in my main league. You gonna play Ekeler Gutman? I don’t really have a choice as my other RBs are Gus Edwards, Tyjae Spears and Donta Foreman.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BUD's work league BUD is playing the champ of last year who, one day before the trade deadline, snuck in a deal with her playoff eliminated friend, giving up Zay Jones for Tyreek Hill straight up.

I am hoping there is fantasy karma.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Tyreek out.
FML.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:40 am Tyreek out.
FML.
You and me both. I'm sure you to a greater degree.
I watched him warm up. Looked as good as an average NFL receiver. Didn't look as good as him. Was hoping he would have still given it a go.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I already had letdown games from Jefferson and Ekeler.

I need Garrett Wilson to have the game of his life now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just the worst luck for me Tyreek gets hurt, and of course my opponent has Waddle. That likely led to a 20 plus point swing.

Additionally Jefferson just misses out on a TD bc of an under thrown ball and Josh Allen misses out on a TD from a drop from Cook where he woulda walked in. That woulda had me close to tied.

Down 14 with Goedert but he has Phillys kicker. Need a miracle ie TD and 100 plus yards or 2 TDs from Goedert.

Got dealt A, K and opponent a 7, 10 and he got 2 10s on the flop.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:14 pm Team A gives Ekeler, Adam Thielen.
Team B gives Kenneth Walker, Zack Moss, Courtland Sutton.
This trade cost me a title shot.
Walker, Moss and Sutton got me 19 more points than Ekeler, Montgomery and Garrett Wilson.
I lost by just under 15.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:40 pm
pdub wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:14 pm Team A gives Ekeler, Adam Thielen.
Team B gives Kenneth Walker, Zack Moss, Courtland Sutton.
This trade cost me a title shot.
Walker, Moss and Sutton got me 19 more points than Ekeler, Montgomery and Garrett Wilson.
I lost by just under 15.
Stuff like that is why I don't trade. Now I just need to train myself not to fiddle with my starting QBs as that cost me making the playoffs in my regular league.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It definitely can work though.
A few years ago I traded for Michael Thomas and he had two monster weeks in the playoffs that won me a title.
The season after I traded for Davante Adams fairly early after a slow start, he scorched earth the rest of the way, won a title there too.

Also looking at that trade this year, I can’t guarantee I would have started Sutton over Garrett Wilson as Garrett had over 100 yards the week prior.

This year I gambled on Ekeler returning at full health, I finished first in the regular season by 2 games and over 200 points, then Tyreek Hill got hurt and couldn’t play, Herbert and Keenan got hurt so Ekeler was useless, and my opponent benefited with Hill out with his Waddle and I lost. I can live with that…just a rush of bad luck.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I joke about it but it's not really funny.
I'm talking about collusion.
I don't know how other people's leagues work but after the trade deadline why wouldn't people collude via dropping players and other people picking them up?

On another note, My Mahomes, Copper, Jacobs for Hill, Henry, and Burrow trade worked out well for me despite my not playing Henry and Burrow being injured.
Not funny that Burrow was an injury bust but I picked up Cousins for nothing when he was a top 5 QB and I picked up Purdy for nothing when he was a top 5 QB.
Moral of the story is.... Going forward I am going to strongly consider trading a great QB for a great WR/RB early in the season - and then pick up the flavor of the week/month QB for nothing.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I was commish and it was obvious I would reverse those moves and lock both teams.

8 team leagues are more luck than skill imo if just barely. Everyone has startable guys at every position and can rotate in great guys off the bench. And there’s startable QBs right off the waivers from week to week.

12-14 team leagues take more decision making and moves.

To me it’s still something like 80/20 luck/skill - maybe 70/30 - generally. Similar to Blackjack.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:10 am I joke about it but it's not really funny.
I'm talking about collusion.
I don't know how other people's leagues work but after the trade deadline why wouldn't people collude via dropping players and other people picking them up?

On another note, My Mahomes, Copper, Jacobs for Hill, Henry, and Burrow trade worked out well for me despite my not playing Henry and Burrow being injured.
Not funny that Burrow was an injury bust but I picked up Cousins for nothing when he was a top 5 QB and I picked up Purdy for nothing when he was a top 5 QB.
Moral of the story is.... Going forward I am going to strongly consider trading a great QB for a great WR/RB early in the season - and then pick up the flavor of the week/month QB for nothing.
Nobody going to do that trade and that is not how this trade worked. Ypu traded your #2 pick Jacobs #3 pick Mahomie #4 pick Cooper for my #1 pick Tyreek the THRILL Hill who I drafted after you #6 Burrow and #14 Henry. Which in it's whole I probably do not do however my #2 pick and my #1 RB Nick Chubb had just been hurt and out for season. I needed Jacobs. Burrow was garbage and I was playing Tua who I drafted #11.

No doubt the Chubb injury cost me my Championship. LOL
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed. Health is something you can't plan for. I avoided Travis Kelce with my 1st round pick because I didn't want my 1st pick to miss 4 games. Kelce only missed 1 and the guy I picked got hurt week 1 and missed 4 games. I managed around that because my later round TE (Andrews) was doing great. Then he went out injured for the year. I had several other RBs and WRs that missed at least 4 games as well.

Meanwhile, the guy who won the league had zero significant injuries all season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

One thing I frown upon quite a bit but don't do anything about it as commish ( just consider it bush league ) are people in the consolation bracket making waiver claims.

I get you want to win 7th ( or 5th or whatever ) but the right thing to do is wait it out and then hit the FA after the players who can medal are finished with their moves.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:54 am One thing I frown upon quite a bit but don't do anything about it as commish ( just consider it bush league ) are people in the consolation bracket making waiver claims.

I get you want to win 7th ( or 5th or whatever ) but the right thing to do is wait it out and then hit the FA after the players who can medal are finished with their moves.
My apologies if your talking about my wavier claim. Gutter I picked up Da BEARS defense. HAHA
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

59% of teams with CMC made the fantasy championship.