Fantasy Football

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Fantasy Football

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’m somewhat in the same boat.

Picking between Gordon, McCoy and Mack. I know Mack hasn’t practiced, but if he plays, I think I’m playing him. But I don’t know who to pick in case he doesn’t go this week.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

My first inclination is to pick Gordon because Damien Williams is back for KC and Darrell Williams has played well too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea, you might be right.
I'd like to think Michel could do it against a team they should win by 17+ against but he's unreliable.

In my other league ( 2 leagues ) bombshell trade just accepted in time for Sunday:
I give Leveon Bell and Jacoby Brissett.
She gives Alvin Kamara.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

McCoy
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Didn't matter.
Hit a buzzsaw of Mike Thomas and Adam Thielen.
There have to be some people out there in the fantasy world with this lineup:

Deshaun Watson ( 4th pick )
Christian McCaffrey ( 1st pick )
Aaron Jones ( 3rd pick )
Michael Thomas ( 2nd pick )
Will Fuller
Phillip Lindsay
Philly Defense
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I had 2 goose eggs. Played Dorsett as a Flex. Hurt his hammy in 1st quarter and didn't play. Mike Evans was shut out. I played Gordon and he got me little points, while my RB on the bench, Lindsay got over 20. And I lost by 12. Ouch.

Hurt me for the playoffs. Was a game behind 1st. My opponent this week was the same record as me. Top 4 make it in our 10 team league. Needed a win there to get some breathing room. Still got a chance and a good team.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I eeked out an ugly win thanks mostly to the other guy's roster sucking a little more than mine did. WR Chark for JAX became the 4th guy to get 30+ on my bench. If I start him then he will get 2 points next week, guaranteed.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

See ya Odell Beckham and Jordan Howard.
Hello Michael Thomas.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No one ever makes trades in my league. With only 10 teams, there's plenty of moves to make with the waiver wire and free agents to replace low performing players.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's kinda boring.
There's always room for trades!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Started Patrick Mahomes and Matt Ryan this week.
Ouch.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:44 pm That's kinda boring.
There's always room for trades!
Meh, trades are usually either taking advantage of someone not paying attention or trading one set of uncertainty for another. I look to see if a team has more players generating consistent points than they can play but with 10 teams, that just doesn't happen.

There were 7 WR who are available off waivers who scored at least 15 points this week, including Jones for DET and his 38 points. And there were 7 QBs not on rosters that got at least 20 points this week.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trades can very much be finding weaknesses on both teams and trading so both get better.
In my case this year:

Traded LeVeon and Brissett for Kamara.
Kamara owner was down Cam Newton and was starting Trubisky. Brissett was a help and I maybe got slightly better in the process.

Traded Odell Beckham and Jordan Howard for Michael Thomas. The Thomas owner had Sutton and Thielen and DJ Moore...but was rolling out David Montgomery every week as his 2. So Howard was a help and maybe I got slightly better in the process.

I have both Hooper and Hunter Henry in that same league and I'll be looking to trade someone who needs a starting TE.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:21 am Trades can very much be finding weaknesses on both teams and trading so both get better.
In my case this year:

Traded LeVeon and Brissett for Kamara.
Kamara owner was down Cam Newton and was starting Trubisky. Brissett was a help and I maybe got slightly better in the process.

Traded Odell Beckham and Jordan Howard for Michael Thomas. The Thomas owner had Sutton and Thielen and DJ Moore...but was rolling out David Montgomery every week as his 2. So Howard was a help and maybe I got slightly better in the process.

I have both Hooper and Hunter Henry in that same league and I'll be looking to trade someone who needs a starting TE.
The guy gave up Alvin Kamara to get a QB he could get off waivers in my league and an RB who is ranked #18 at his position. Brissett is ranked as the #18 QB in my league and there are 4 higher ranked WBs than him still available via waivers.

Some leagues it works for, some it just isnt a necessary risk.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I have picked up Hunter Henry, the 49ers DST and DJ Chark off of waivers. The 49ers DST is 2nd in scoring, Chark is 4th in WR scoring and Henry is 1st in TE points per game scoring.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well sure, in a smaller league, your trades have to be bigger impacts, because you'll have better players.
Brissett is ranked 13th in my league but you could conceivably have Dak Preskott and say, Deshaun Watson in a 10 team league and be willing to trade away Dak and a RB for another better RB.

If i'm in a 10 team league and someone is offering me Dak while Drew Brees gets healthy, I might very well make that move ( take a chance on LeVeon with Darnold coming back ).

In a 14 team league, there's no way Brissett isn't on a roster and is a low end no. 1 QB.
The waiver wire consists of Daniel Jones, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum and Joe Flacco.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Yep. That's part of why I want my league to start more players. It's too easy to fill gaps when someone goes down. I am hoping to get them to start another WR spot and maybe another QB spot. There are a zillion guys putting up 10+ points a game at the WR position.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Other reasons to make fantasy trades are with the playoffs in mind.
If you've got a guy with a juicy 3 game schedule and you're sitting 2 games out of the playoffs, you need to make that move to just get in and see what happens even if it means your team, for the long run, gets worse.
On the other end, if you're sitting pretty, you may make a move giving up a guy who is doing well at the moment for someone who has a nice playoff schedule.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Wentz has been struggling and is at Buffalo this week so I picked up Kirk Cousins off waivers hoping that his string of 300+ yard, multiple TD games will continue vs. the hapless Redskins.

My kicker is on a bye so I grabbed New England's kicker off waivers.

My 49ers DST had low projections against Carolina so I grabbed Indy's DST, hoping they do as well against Denver's pathetic offense as the Chiefs DST did (they had 30 points).

Waivers rule.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Traded AJ Green and Hunter Henry for Kenny Golladay and Greg Olsen.
Trades rule.