Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 pm Only Gutter would be on a KU message board trumpeting for Bill Self to leave....or be forced out.

Makes the pain of living just a little bit less painful, I suppose.
Only KU fans would be (and could be) so blindly loyal to a guy and his staff (and players) who have continuously embarrassed themselves and the university and if we went to the not impossible extreme - could help land the program with a death penalty.
Just saying.
Come on Plano, let's be honest here. You and others on here would be blowing loads if all the shit that's happened under Self happened to a different program. You would think that program was a fucking joke.
I'm not "trumpeting" for Self to leave or be forced out. I like Bill Self as a person and as a coach. What I am "trumpeting" for is - for him, his staff, his players, and the "friends of the program" to stop being so fucking stupid. That's all.
You're cool with all the shit that has transpired? If so, great. I'm not.
Name a KU coach since...oh...say...Ted Owens who hasn't had issues?

Go ahead.

We have all day.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
noosh

Post by noosh »

This is Self's last year here. Book it. Between the upcoming NCAA investigation and penalties, our very subpar recruiting class, and what is likely a boredom with our inability to win anything other than the Truckstop12 (hell even that is over!), we're looking at the Tony Bennett/Mark Turgeon/Jarrance Howard/Fred Hoiberg/Jerrod Haase era beginning here in a couple of months.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:54 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 pm Only Gutter would be on a KU message board trumpeting for Bill Self to leave....or be forced out.

Makes the pain of living just a little bit less painful, I suppose.
Only KU fans would be (and could be) so blindly loyal to a guy and his staff (and players) who have continuously embarrassed themselves and the university and if we went to the not impossible extreme - could help land the program with a death penalty.
Just saying.
Come on Plano, let's be honest here. You and others on here would be blowing loads if all the shit that's happened under Self happened to a different program. You would think that program was a fucking joke.
I'm not "trumpeting" for Self to leave or be forced out. I like Bill Self as a person and as a coach. What I am "trumpeting" for is - for him, his staff, his players, and the "friends of the program" to stop being so fucking stupid. That's all.
You're cool with all the shit that has transpired? If so, great. I'm not.
CBB is not something that is ever going to get me "blowing loads".
I just assume that Self and Company do the same shit that every other staff does, but they unfortunately got caught.

Still can't see myself wanting to trade Self for any other coach.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

noosh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 am This is Self's last year here. Book it. Between the upcoming NCAA investigation and penalties, our very subpar recruiting class, and what is likely a boredom with our inability to win anything other than the Truckstop12 (hell even that is over!), we're looking at the Tony Bennett/Mark Turgeon/Jarrance Howard/Fred Hoiberg/Jerrod Haase era beginning here in a couple of months.
Jerrance wasn't even seriously considered for the Illinois job....he has no chance at being the next KU coach. Neither does Turgeon. Neither does Jerrod Haase.

The other 2 probably would be realistically considered, along with a handful of other qualified candidates.

I still like the Jacque Vaughn dart throw! NBA experience. Plus, Kansas is probably ready to have its first black head coach... Danny fits that too.

Not sure about Hoiberg, but he wouldn't be bad by any means. Same with Bennett even though some will be skeptical about his style (many were also skeptical about Self's style when he got here, because he was far from an uptempo kind of guy at Illinois iirc).
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

noosh wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 am This is Self's last year here. Book it. Between the upcoming NCAA investigation and penalties, our very subpar recruiting class, and what is likely a boredom with our inability to win anything other than the Truckstop12 (hell even that is over!), we're looking at the Tony Bennett/Mark Turgeon/Jarrance Howard/Fred Hoiberg/Jerrod Haase era beginning here in a couple of months.
Bill self is not going anywere
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Gutter has done this since KU signed Self. He's always been a little bitter he left Illinois.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Come on LVC! I was never bitter he left Illinois and was thrilled when Brooce was hired.
You know, the guy who made it to the National Championship with Bill's kids.

Being serious, the whole Bill hiring and Roy leaving thing that bothered me the most was how quickly many KU fans turned on Roy.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Break ups are never easy.

That'll happen when Self leaves too with some people I'm sure.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

BLACKMILD33 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:33 am
PortlandHawk wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 am How about Hurt?
Yes we are Still recruiting him
But how is that going?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 am Come on LVC! I was never bitter he left Illinois and was thrilled when Brooce was hired.
You know, the guy who made it to the National Championship with Bill's kids.

Being serious, the whole Bill hiring and Roy leaving thing that bothered me the most was how quickly many KU fans turned on Roy.
Thank Gaia we have you to keep us honest.

Roi, like his predecessor, left us defending ourselves to the NCAA for recruiting violations.

But...but...but...Bill...
Deleted User 183

You're the guy who is actually using the defense that but... but.... but... the other guys did shit too?
Believe it or not, I am fully aware that there was a lot of shit that went down under other coaches. Some I was actually involved in/with.
So I am supposed to excuse Bill and the probably close to 100 bull shit things that have happened during his tenure? Ok, Got it. Thank Gaia I have YOU to keep me honest. Thanks guy!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am You're the guy who is actually using the defense that but... but.... but... the other guys did shit too?
Believe it or not, I am fully aware that there was a lot of shit that went down under other coaches. Some I was actually involved in/with.
So I am supposed to excuse Bill and the probably close to 100 bull shit things that have happened during his tenure? Ok, Got it. Thank Gaia I have YOU to keep me honest. Thanks guy!
You're welcome, pal.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am Believe it or not, I am fully aware that there was a lot of shit that went down under other coaches. Some I was actually involved in/with.
Gutter just implicated himself in treason
Deleted User 62

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am Some I was actually involved in/with.
I am not even sure hand jobs are a violation.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

depends if it’s with the right or left
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

LVCHawk wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 am
Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 am Believe it or not, I am fully aware that there was a lot of shit that went down under other coaches. Some I was actually involved in/with.
Gutter just implicated himself in treason
And tax invasion.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 am depends if it’s with the right or left
Take it to politics...
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

PortlandHawk wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:34 am
BLACKMILD33 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:33 am
PortlandHawk wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:14 am How about Hurt?
Yes we are Still recruiting him
But how is that going?
I'm pretty sure hes done taken visit I'm sure hes just focus on finishing up his high school season
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
BLACKMILD33

Post by BLACKMILD33 »

PRECIOUS ACHIUWA IS OFFICIAL VISITS KU STARTING THIS SUNDAY. FIRST REPORTED BY @JAYHAWKSLANT
ROCKCHALKJAYHAWK
Deleted User 183

Best college basketball family first names since the Mapps?