Joel Embiid

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Joel Embiid

Post by Deleted User 863 »

This is why you pull your fucking star up 20pts late in the game.

Or why you play hard close series out when you have a chance, instead the played half assed and lost by 25pts at home to a Van Vleet-less raptors team.

Sucks. They can't beat the heat without him.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

This sucks. He is my favorite NBA player. I want him to get a ring so bad. Even if he is healthy this year not sure it could happen but this sucks. Hopefully, he can clear a concussion protocol and maybe wear a facemask to play the rest of the year.
Deleted User 863

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:09 pm This sucks. He is my favorite NBA player. I want him to get a ring so bad. Even if he is healthy this year not sure it could happen but this sucks. Hopefully, he can clear a concussion protocol and maybe wear a facemask to play the rest of the year.
Fwiw I think they said he had this orbital bone injury before and he was out about 3 weeks. Even if they somehow get that down to 10 days, it'll still be too late unless Jimmy Butler and Lowry stay out.

Time to see what Harden can do as option 1. If he can somehow turn it back on and start putting up crazy triple double numbers maaaybe they can pull off a miracle and survive until embiid can return.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Fair or not, if Joel doesn't play against the Heat and the Sixers lose the series, Doc might as well pack his bags. He will be more hated in Philly than Simmons was/is.

"It's all good - it's the playoffs"

https://twitter.com/DavidEarly/status/1 ... 5245678593
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sometimes playing with a mask really fucks with a guy. philly was up like 29 points or some shit when that happened late in the game. doc rivers is a moron
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Broken face but I think he still is gonna play.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:53 pm Broken face but I think he still is gonna play.
8.5pt under dogs makes me wonder
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:53 pm Broken face but I think he still is gonna play.
He's listed as OUT indefinitely. Meaning he's OUT for at least game 1.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:43 pm
He's listed as OUT indefinitely. Meaning he's OUT for at least game 1.
Definitely?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It was the culminating game. Injuries can happen any time. This is why he is MVP. I hate it when people just lay out a case based on stats. Embiid has the most impact on the game right now.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:46 am It was the culminating game. Injuries can happen any time. This is why he is MVP. I hate it when people just lay out a case based on stats. Embiid has the most impact on the game right now.
Jokic has similar impact on his team. If he wins over Embiid it isn't just because of stats. Jokic doesn't have another all star on his team. Embiid has Harden and Tobias. If you rank the best players from both teams, the 76ers have the 3rd 4th and 5th best players.

I think both are very deserving of MVP.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hardman was LATE to the game though. Tobias is a complementary guy benefiting from Joel. They are both outstanding players and I think Co-MVP is warranted this year at the very least.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:30 pm Hardman was LATE to the game though. Tobias is a complementary guy benefiting from Joel. They are both outstanding players and I think Co-MVP is warranted this year at the very least.
That's because we are Embiid fans.

The nuggets 2nd best player is Will Barton, Aaron Gordon, or Monte Morris. Their real 2nd and 3rd best players have been hurt all season (murray and porter jr).

Jokic has had a historic season too.

I am sure I won't be able to convince you're wrong, but Embiid isn't getting cheated out of an MVP. He just plays in a nearly impossible era to win an MVP. He has to compete with Jokic and Giannis every single season. And both are 2 way players like he is. Not just offensive "numbers" guys.
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 863

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/338 ... e-injuries

Embiid could return by game 3 or 4 according to espn.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Deleted User 863

That would be awesome!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The eyeball test and his impact makes Embiid the MVP. But the contrarians will always have a counter. It is why sports are popular.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »