Joel Embiid

Kansas Basketball.
hoopla

Re: Joel Embiid

Post by hoopla »

that's a pretty terrible comparison, and the league has clearly moved to trios. harden is past his prime and the rule changes affected him, so they would be nowhere near as "unstoppable" as Kobe/Shaq. also, i would love to play with joel but hate playing with harden, so its difficult to see this working well. all that said, the 6ers have to do this, anything is better than a soft 6-10 point guard that can't shoot and refuses to accept any responsibility so much so that he can't be bothered to find his sneakers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

They would be about as likely to play in a game together due to their propensity for injury as Harden and Irving. I hope Philly doesn't trade for Harden, I hate watching him play.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

A couple of years ago, I would have liked to see Harden and Embiid play together. I don't think it is a good idea any longer. Maybe the 76ers can get Durant instead. That would be nice.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

nu_bronco wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:48 am A couple of years ago, I would have liked to see Harden and Embiid play together. I don't think it is a good idea any longer. Maybe the 76ers can get Durant instead. That would be nice.
They could get KD, but they'd have to give up Embiid to do so.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaAJjD3hTxt ... =copy_link

This is exactly why I didnt want to see harden paired with embiid. Just wants to play iso ball. But who knows. At least he will play and it was gonna be hard to get the right return in exchange for Simmons
Deleted User 863

Another bad fit by super stars trying to make super teams (harden in Brooklyn).

The good news is that Harden and Embiid actually fit together very well. Embiid can play off of Harden very easily. And while Harden may like iso offense, he puts up huge assist numbers and is a willing passer.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

who cares?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

You don't care about Embiid having good teammates?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Harden seems like a dude who would roll his eyes at a better player getting the ball.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:03 am Harden seems like a dude who would roll his eyes at a better player getting the ball.
I wonder if it was that KD was getting the ball or if it was because Nash isn't a very good coach and the play he created sucked?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The idea that Harden is a bad teammate may have merit in its own right, but it is all pretty rich considering Simmons told the team that Joel hinders his game by blocking the paint and that the team should be built around Ben. Felt so strongly about this that he sat out half a season, and showed up for one practice before getting kicked out of that practice for not taking it seriously.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Meanwhile.

2021-22 NBA EASTERN CONFERENCE ODDS
Brooklyn Nets +220
Philadelphia 76ers +250
Milwaukee Bucks +300

2021-22 NBA Most Valuable Player Award Odds
Joel Embiid +125
Nikola Jokic +325
Giannis Antetokounmpo +375
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:44 am The idea that Harden is a bad teammate may have merit in its own right, but it is all pretty rich considering Simmons told the team that Joel hinders his game by blocking the paint and that the team should be built around Ben. Felt so strongly about this that he sat out half a season, and showed up for one practice before getting kicked out of that practice for not taking it seriously.
Oh, no, Simmons is worse.
He actually quit.

I wonder though if Embiid's MVP odds actually take a hit here because of usage.
( and Harden just hero balling )
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i could be wrong, but i’d imagine Joel would be ok with that if it resulted in a ring
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he won a ring, he'd probably get Finals MVP, so yea, that'd easily be the better option all around.
Deleted User 863

I think if Embiids points go down because of Harden that his assists and rebounds will both go up....so I don't think this hurts his chances. Harden, regardless of whether his style is appealing, will have to command more attention from the defense than Steph Curry Lite, which helps Embiid.

My guess, all stats remain relatively unchanged or improve for Embiid once Harden is playing. And they will win more games.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

It will be interesting to watch. I am hoping that it does lead to a ring or actually rings for Joel.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I won't let my dislike for Harden get in the way of my wanting Embiid to win a title.
But with that move, I would rather Golden State and Wiggs win.
Deleted User 863

I don't think philly can beat GS or the Bucks in a 7 game series.