Omaha

Kansas Basketball.
bigB

Omaha

Post by bigB »

Anyone attending the NCAAs March 20 and 22?
Deleted User 289

Re: Omaha

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Hopefully a lot of people but possibly no one. Stay tuned.

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/story ... rus-030320
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Somewhere in middle America.

Right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Steaks
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Peyton Manning audibles.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Havent decided if I am going to try to get tickets or not. Kinda hoping that someone I know locally has tickets that I can buy so I dont have to do secondary market. Not sure yet.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

What’s the point of watching an ass kicking of a 16 seed?

4 fan bases will be unloading tickets for session 3. Grab them then.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:57 am What’s the point of watching an ass kicking of a 16 seed?
Living in ND, I'd gladly watch them play Southwest Arizona Tech if it meant I was there live.

That being said, I will be there.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do 16 seed fan bases really travel that well?

How many Baltimore community college fans are gonna go to Omaha on 6 days notice?

Man, when you put it that way, it’s surprising any fan bases travel at all.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:12 am Do 16 seed fan bases really travel that well?

How many Baltimore community college fans are gonna go to Omaha on 6 days notice?

They basically have a section in the lower level across from the bench. That's about it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
bigB

Post by bigB »

No one might travel well this year.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:12 am Do 16 seed fan bases really travel that well?

Excuse me. It was the University of Maryland Baltimore County UMBC not the cross city community college. They are the Golden Retrievers, they are awesome and anyone of their fans that DID make the trip witnessed history.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

NDballer13 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:11 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:57 am What’s the point of watching an ass kicking of a 16 seed?
Living in ND, I'd gladly watch them play Southwest Arizona Tech if it meant I was there live.

That being said, I will be there.
Right now I would say the odds are even money you'll be there. In other words, a 50/50 chance.
I am thinking the NCAA has to decide by Sunday if fans will be allowed to attend the play in games and the 2nd and 3rd round games. By the following Sunday we should know about the Regional Semis and Finals. I can't help but believe that as important as it is to have fans in the stands, it's not going to be happening two weeks and 1 day from today.
Pretty soon as common as telling people to wash their hands, will be telling people to "social distance" themselves. In other words, attending sporting events where large number of attendees is a possibility and "social distancing" is all but an impossibility - will no longer be a question when it's decided "fans" will not be allowed to attend.
Personally, I am against it and am willing to take the risk/s but I do understand being proactive and being precautionary is probably a better decision than not doing anything and taking risks - at least at this time and in the near future.
I watched some of the Allman Bros concert last night in MSG. I couldn't help but think that if a single person there had the virus, there is now a slight possibility that a string of people will get it that would pass it on, and then those people could/would pass it on, and on and on. For those of us who didn't attend, then there is zero chance we would have contracted it last night at MSG. Pretty simple logic there.
Bù hǎo!
Last edited by Deleted User 289 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 289

Double post. First one was too much. Sorry!
bigB

Post by bigB »

Damn I miss Omaha
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

bigB wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:31 pmDamn I miss Omaha
Not me.

But I do miss KU basketball. Ugh. My no sports depression hasnt gotten better yet.