Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
HouseDivided

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:41 am How many first class tickets should the Government pony up for?

How many private jets?
Zero.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Then, can you explain how it is "draining the swamp" to bring these ultra successful billionaires into your cabinet only to have them burn through tax payer money at an alarming rate on extravagances that are not part of thier package.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 pm Then, can you explain how it is "draining the swamp" to bring these ultra successful billionaires into your cabinet only to have them burn through tax payer money at an alarming rate on extravagances that are not part of thier package.
Never said I approve of that. Definitely needs to be addressed.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

the swamp
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am
chiknbut wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:45 am
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:40 am

Things are looking pretty good for being doubly worse.
I think the point is, don't talk about how bad the Swamp was when Trump campaigned on draining it but has only made it worse.
I disagree with the assertion that he has made it worse. Maybe bringing in people who have success in real life is a good thing versus people who have worked government jobs their entire life.
Scott Pruitt. Ben Carson. Betsy DeVoss.

And remember when Trump said that Hillary would just add to the swamp by bringing in people from Goldman Sachs. Steve Mnuchin got a big kick out of that one.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:54 pm

I think the point is, don't talk about how bad the Swamp was when Trump campaigned on draining it but has only made it worse.
I disagree with the assertion that he has made it worse. Maybe bringing in people who have success in real life is a good thing versus people who have worked government jobs their entire life.

And remember when Trump said that Hillary would just add to the swamp by bringing in people from Goldman Sachs. Steve Mnuchin got a big kick out of that one.
News flash! If Obama or Trump couldn't drain the swamp, then no one can. And you voted for Hilldawg. LOL.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Nigerian Army Uses Trump’s Words to Justify Fatal Shooting of Rock-Throwing Protesters

The Nigerian Army, part of a military criticized for rampant human rights abuses, on Friday used the words of President Trump to justify its fatal shootings of rock-throwing protesters.

Soldiers fired this Monday on a march of about 1,000 Islamic Shiite activists who had blocked traffic on the outskirts of the capital, Abuja. Videos that circulated on social media showed several protesters hurling rocks at heavily armed soldiers who then shot fleeing demonstrators in the back.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

I will just drop this here....right off the edge of the swamp:
https://people.com/politics/melania-tru ... cairo/amp/
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 pm Then, can you explain how it is "draining the swamp" to bring these ultra successful billionaires into your cabinet only to have them burn through tax payer money at an alarming rate on extravagances that are not part of thier package.
So you show that disapproval by continuing to vote for the same people?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I will just drop this here....right off the edge of the swamp:
https://people.com/politics/melania-tru ... cairo/amp/
Like the Obamas were real skin flints!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I'm curious. How many billionaires are in Trump's cabinet and what tax payer money are they "burning through" in terms of "extravagances that are not part of thier package"?

I'm asking because your original assertion/questions were "How many first class tickets should the Government pony up for"?
"How many private jets"?

I'm all but positive DeVos and Ross pay for their own private planes/flights.
Last edited by Deleted User 183 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I don't get it. Mnuchin hasn't worked for GS for over 15 years. Right?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:10 am
I'm curious. How many billionaires are in Trump's cabinet and what tax payer money are they "burning through" in terms of "extravagances that are not part of thier package"?

I'm asking because your original assertion/questions were "How many first class tickets should the Government pony up for"?
"How many private jets"?

Great point, Gutter, but you’ve been around here long enough to know that facts aren’t worth much.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Is that from The Onion or real?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:12 pm Is that from The Onion or real?
Doesn't that quote just about explain everything the last two years!?!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

"How many private jets"?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/ ... ons-825948
"Education Secretary Betsy DeVos' security detail is projected to cost up to $7.74 million from now through the end of September 2019, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service told POLITICO on Tuesday night."
"DeVos’ security detail is provided around the clock by the Marshals Service, which is highly unusual — the past four Education secretaries have been protected by the Education Department’s own small security force."

But yes, you are correct. It is not DeVos that is screwing over the taxpayer for costs of travel, it is Mnuchin and others. DeVos' predecessor spent about $39,000 on travel total so I'd rather DeVos do the government a favor and bill us for that instead of using her jet and billing us for an unnecessary $7 million security detail. But hey, "facts aren’t worth much", right?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 pm
seahawk wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:52 pm Sort of embarrassing after all the things you’ve said about political officials that you’re thinking of becoming one.
Perfect!
Unless you're running for president, I would not be able to vote for you in any case.

But, if you do run, I sincerely wish you good luck.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

"How many private jets"?

Mnuchin
DeVoss
Ross
Pruitt

Is that a good start?