Bold predictions for this college basketball season

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Bold predictions for this college basketball season

Post by PhDhawk »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... all-season
2. Kansas will reach the Final Four, Bill Self will take an NBA job after the season: Last summer, Self told ESPN.com he doesn't want to coach past the age of 60. He'll turn 56 in December. And he made that statement before he was connected to the ongoing FBI corruption investigation that has rocked the sport. He has the potential to win another national title with a unique squad that features Dedric Lawson, a 6-9 forward as a point forward and a top-10 recruiting class. He'll take that squad to the last stage of the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive season. And then, Self will hear from an NBA team that will make him an offer he can't refuse. At Big 12 media day, he said he won't run from the FBI drama. He can't. But he can end his NCAA career, head to the NBA and leave some of the drama behind.

8. No top-25 recruit will accept the G-League's $125,000 offer: The NBA's minor league will attempt to lure elite prospects with a six-figure offer and vague promises of a development plan that will prepare them for the pros. Here's what the best players in America know: The blue bloods they're considering have better resources, coaching and facilities than the G-League squads that want them. That's why all of them will pick college.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Re: Bold predictions for this college basketball season

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Doesn't want to coach past 60?

I thought that was some big myth that only started because of a book from a decade ago?....guess not.

Personally I don't think he's very high on NBA wish lists, but I guess we will see.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he wins the NCAA title and then leaves KU, it'll be a sad day for sure, but I'd take it.
I have this feeling he wants one more at Kansas and i'm not certain he'll stop until he gets it...because it really is feasible every season.
Deleted User 75

Of course he wants more titles...so do all the coaches at top programs. I don't think he'll coach past his desired retirement age (whatever that may be) to accomplish "winning 1 more". The tournament is difficult to win. He could coach the rest of his life and wouldn't be a lock to win another title at KU. It took 20 years between "Danny and the miracles" and Marios miracle.

...but I do agree, it is possible for us to win it nearly every single season....oddly, even though we are preseason #1, I don't feel like this year is the best chance we've had recently. Lots of young guys. Lots of guys with zero tournament experience.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We really will only have young guys Dotson and Grimes as part of the rotation. Agbaji will RS and McCormack will play very little.

Vick a Sr., Lawson a RS Jr., Dok a JR., Moore and KJ RS Sophs, Garrett a Soph. Plenty of experience.

Our best roster since 08. "Just" has to survive the tourney.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Like Urban at TOSU, these guys are rich and have won nattys. They both have been anally sodomized by legal shenanigans and sideshows they had nothing to do with--dont hate the player, hate the game kinda shit--and haters that just want to knock them down. No point in continuing to slog through the bullshit grind of the NCAA and play the amateurism charade. Time to get a cushy TV gig or try your hand at the pros for a couple years and cash 15-20M before hanging 'em up for good.

Billy Eugene Jr is GONE after this season. Will go down as the KU GOAT so no regrets. Hope the Cs blow their shit this year and Stevens is ready to take over the program he was born to inherit.
\
\
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm We really will only have young guys Dotson and Grimes as part of the rotation. Agbaji will RS and McCormack will play very little.

Vick a Sr., Lawson a RS Jr., Dok a JR., Moore and KJ RS Sophs, Garrett a Soph. Plenty of experience.

Our best roster since 08. "Just" has to survive the tourney.
Tournament experience is lacking other than Vick and Dok....which is what I referenced...although I'm not sure I'd consider Charlie Moore experienced because he played 1 year at Cal and practiced for a year. The pressure he will experience playing with Kansas on his chest is different. Teams play harder. The lights are brighter. Did Cal make the tourney? Have the lawsons played in the tourney? It took some of our best teams a year or two going thru the tournament together to be able to conquer making final 4s and winning titles.

I do not think this is our best roster since 08. Maybe not even top 3. But deserving of the preseason #1 ranking because of the other teams near the top have a lot of unknowns and unproven players too...and I don't mean that as a knock on our team, we just have teams this good most years.

Dedric is good. Dok is good. Vick is a starter quality player for any elite program...but the rest we don't know.

Some of those teams with the twins/trob, frank/graham w/ perry/Selden year and then Svi/Josh year are just too tough for me to put this team ahead of them. At least not yet. They haven't even played a real game yet. We've had a lot of 1 and 2 seeds. This team will likely add to that list.
BigTamale

Post by BigTamale »

If this year's squad had a Senior floor general like Mason or Graham, we go undefeated. I can see us struggling early on getting into offense flow and sets. But once Dotson gets more reps and game experience we will be set.
My real concern is going to be the 3 point shooting. Vick has looked decent so far...