The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:24 pm
Someone isn't less human because they were unfortunate enough to have been born on the other side of our border.
Agree 100%.

But all humans can't be citizens of the United States of America either. I agree we can find a better balance than what we currently have.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agreed.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:28 pm
Someone isn't less human because they were unfortunate enough to have been born on the other side of our border.
Agree 100%.

But all humans can't be citizens of the United States of America either. I agree we can find a better balance than what we currently have.
I just wish somebody would come up with what the better balance should be. How many???
Is there enough housing for all 12,000 of them? Nobody has suggested how many to let in. If this caravan is let in, who's to say how large the next caravan will be, and the next one, and the next one etc...
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:52 pm
Agree 100%.

I just wish somebody would come up with what the better balance should be. How many???
Is there enough housing for all 12,000 of them? Nobody has suggested how many to let in. If this caravan is let in, who's to say how large the next caravan will be, and the next one, and the next one etc...
We cannot let any in. To do so will only encourage twice as many to follow. They will all have to be turned away. Once the wall is built and the anchor baby laws are repealed, we can better regulate immigration and start letting people in in a controlled fashion.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:00 pm

Agree 100%.

We cannot let any in. To do so will only encourage twice as many to follow. They will all have to be turned away. Once the wall is built and the anchor baby laws are repealed, we can better regulate immigration and start letting people in in a controlled fashion.
^^^

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:28 pm
^^^

“ Jesus said, ‘Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.’” - Mark 12:17

“Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.” - Romans 13:1-5
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I guess I must have misread the diaspora chronicles. We have the Monroe Doctrine keeping other nations out of our Hemispheric affairs. And corporations that sided with some of the most despicable of authoritarians. And still people point to the refugees as "not our problem."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:30 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Please tell me how you, personally, have been adversely affected by an immigrant.
My kids have had to sit in classes all through school that were slowed down and dumbed down because their classes were filling up with kids who can’t speak English. Then my tax dollars are further wasted on ESOL programming.
Tax dollars aren't wasted on you and your students at your 3rd rate bible college staffed by professors of less than stellar academic backgrounds, charging much higher rates than the comparable flagship public universities where there's far more competition among students?
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:35 pm Image
Sorry, but Jesus isn’t around to help,FYI.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Agree 100%.

We should not "let in" the caravan. We should process their applications for amnesty. If our President had a brain and a conscience, we would have processing centers, temp housing and other services so that we can keep track of them while we process them.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:34 pm

^^^

“ Jesus said, ‘Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.’” - Mark 12:17

“Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.” - Romans 13:1-5
"Everyone must submit to the government" is not a statement I expected to hear from a Republican today. And who keeps the government from doing wrong? GOD? Don't make me laugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 am

Agree 100%.

We should not "let in" the caravan. We should process their applications for amnesty. If our President had a brain and a conscience, we would have processing centers, temp housing and other services so that we can keep track of them while we process them.
You're talking spending lots of money for all that. What percentage of your tax dollars would you gladly portion out for those projects.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:08 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:34 pm

^^^

"Everyone must submit to the government" is not a statement I expected to hear from a Republican today. And who keeps the government from doing wrong? GOD? Don't make me laugh.
My reading of it says that the rule of law is necessary and that, whether we like it or agree with it or not, we should follow it.

The Book of Romans was written to Jewish Christians living in Rome under extreme persecution. I doubt anyone here has to fear being thrown to the lions in the Coliseum or dipped in tar and used as a human torch to light the gardens.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:45 pm
You're talking spending lots of money for all that. What percentage of your tax dollars would you gladly portion out for those projects.
The portion our idiot President wants to waste on a pointless Wall.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I don't support the wall, but I do think we should enforce our policies more and not be so lenient. Giving citizenship to babies born in the US is stupid, and can actually produce very undesirable results if that person ends up living outside the US. Rather than build a wall, we need to cut off the social benefits.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:10 pm I don't support the wall, but I do think we should enforce our policies more and not be so lenient. Giving citizenship to babies born in the US is stupid, and can actually produce very undesirable results if that person ends up living outside the US. Rather than build a wall, we need to cut off the social benefits.
Births to undocumented immigrants has been consistently falling since 2007. And you'd have to be more specific than "the social benefits".
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
lobster wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:10 pm I don't support the wall, but I do think we should enforce our policies more and not be so lenient. Giving citizenship to babies born in the US is stupid, and can actually produce very undesirable results if that person ends up living outside the US. Rather than build a wall, we need to cut off the social benefits.
Births to undocumented immigrants has been consistently falling since 2007. And you'd have to be more specific than "the social benefits".
You think Lobster actually put some thought into that post?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:45 pm
Probably less than 1% of what is being allocated to pay farmers to not farm.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
Lobster hates "social benefits". At least he thinks he does, cause Hannity said so.