Opposite woman question

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Opposite woman question

Post by PhDhawk »

Ok. So this is pretty much the opposite of HD's question.

The woman I work most closely with (physically, we share the same research space) for the past 2 years, is an attractive woman in her mid-20s. She's interesting, has a good sense of humur, smart, etc.

She's never mentioned anything about a relationship...ever. We're both pretty private and don't talk about our personal lives much, but she's met my wife, and I've talked to her about my wife, etc.

I'm not even sure what her orientation is. She's never mentioned a date, or anything. She texts on her phone, sometimes makes a call.

I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is, especially given that HD can't ride an elevator without hearing about another woman's relationships?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Opposite woman question

Post by pdub »

She's bein' professional to the T.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Take a quick picture of her and post it up...
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm not gutter.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:46 pm She's bein' professional to the T.
I think you're probably right. That coupled with the fact she doesn't talk about herself much. She just mentioned to me recently that she lived in South Africa for a year, you'd think something like that would come up.

And we get along, she's invited me to social events that she's organized and stuff. Just thinking about HD's question made me think about it.

I have to assume though, since she's NEVER mentioned anything about it, that it can only mean, she's either completely celibate or she's just getting it all the time. I mean, if she had a boyfriend or any type of boring relationship that would come up SOME time. I mean, I do know that she has a yellow t-shirt.

HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

You apparently don’t reek of desperation and self-loathing like I do.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ballsweat and aftershave.

3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

My guess is she is just super private about her personal life. Since's she's invited you to social event's I seriously doubt it's anything negative or uncomfortable. We all have different levels of comfort in regards to our personal lives.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:56 pm
I mean, I do know that she has a yellow t-shirt.
Creeper. ; )
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:50 pmI'm not gutter.
When was the last time I posted a photo of a female co-worker?
Any hetero male on here would be thrilled if I did post pics of some of them.
That gives me an idea. Just kidding!

I feel there is nothing wrong with asking a woman about her dating situation unless there is something in your compliance "manual" that states you can't.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Did she grow up in the US?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm Ok. So this is pretty much the opposite of HD's question.

The woman I work most closely with (physically, we share the same research space) for the past 2 years, is an attractive woman in her mid-20s. She's interesting, has a good sense of humur, smart, etc.

She's never mentioned anything about a relationship...ever. We're both pretty private and don't talk about our personal lives much, but she's met my wife, and I've talked to her about my wife, etc.

I'm not even sure what her orientation is. She's never mentioned a date, or anything. She texts on her phone, sometimes makes a call.

I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is, especially given that HD can't ride an elevator without hearing about another woman's relationships?
would your wife be comfortable with you asking her about it?

i’m with pdub...she’s being professional. no need to make it personal, as neither knows the other’s intentions
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:19 pm Did she grow up in the US?
yeah

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:24 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm Ok. So this is pretty much the opposite of HD's question.

would your wife be comfortable with you asking her about it?

i’m with pdub...she’s being professional. no need to make it personal, as neither knows the other’s intentions
Why would my wife care?

I don't think there are intentions.

I'm just curious about someone I see and talk to every day never mentioning anything about a relationship.

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Shame on you and your amatonormative beliefs. Let her be.
😛
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 am Shame on you and your amatonormative beliefs. Let her be.
😛
Wouldn't someone who's not interested in relationships say that...like you for example, this is at least the second time you've brought up amatonormative?

I communicate with her way more than I do with you.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

This thread is gold. Well done PhD
shindig

Post by shindig »

Maybe she's single and prefers it that way so she doesn't have a reason to bring it up? Can you get her number for me?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm I don't feel comfortable, and I'm not sure why, asking her about it. What do you think the deal is, especially given that HD can't ride an elevator without hearing about another woman's relationships?
Not sure why you would ask/discuss personal affairs with a co-worker of the opposite sex. Not sure why would care to begin with.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is all made up.
PhD doesn't talk to women.
He's a microbiologist.