This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by ousdahl »

where's that one story where some 6'10" 240 center's coach told him to really get up in Wilt's business. Just play him physical and try and wear him down.

He thought he was doing well and wearing down Wilt until Wilt finally just picked up the 240 pound dude and moved him out of the way -- with one arm.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:04 am for all the shade thrown at Wilt’s GOAT status for playing against athletically inferior competition, not enough credit is given to his athletic prowess outside of basketball
One one hand I feel you bring up an excellent point and agree 100%.
On the other hand I say athleticism is important but may be overrated. Bruce Jenner was one the best athletes in my lifetime. My guess is he would be a horse shit NBA player.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Bruce Jenner also wasn't 7'1" with a 7'8" wingspan
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Grandma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:45 am
Cascadia wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:03 am

Which ‘experts’?
Well, I'm using the term "experts" loosely...

The most recent ESPN top 10 ranking that came out yesterday or the day before had Wilt at 6.

Whatever that's worth.

(Edit: sorry didn't see others responded to this already....posting and golfing is hard)
Are you in Illinois? If so, where the fuck have you been golfing this morning? Where ever, good for you!
We've had some BAD weather in the city.
Haha we started EARLY....then got heavy rain for a while so I went to pick up stuff from my daughters school and home for a bit....now we are back out here for an afternoon 18.

...but yes a bad band of storms came thru here...the morning stuff was a little north. I could see on the radar the Chicago was getting slammed for a while.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Grandma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:27 am
TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:04 am for all the shade thrown at Wilt’s GOAT status for playing against athletically inferior competition, not enough credit is given to his athletic prowess outside of basketball
On the other hand I say athleticism is important but may be overrated. Bruce Jenner was one the best athletes in my lifetime. My guess is he would be a horse shit NBA player.
he’d probably be horse shit because he wasn’t a basketball player

don’t you think his athleticism helped him in the sports in which he participated?

i mean, i doubt Bo Jackson was a phenomenal swimmer, even though he excelled at football and baseball
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

This.

And...pussy
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:38 pm
Grandma wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:27 am
he’d probably be horse shit because he wasn’t a basketball player

don’t you think his athleticism helped him in the sports in which he participated?

i mean, i doubt Bo Jackson was a phenomenal swimmer, even though he excelled at football and baseball
Absolutely I feel Jenner's athleticism helped him in the sports in which he participated. Just as I believe it helps most if not all professional athletes - in the sports in which they participate.
The point I was trying to make (poorly) is exactly what you pointed out. That being a great athlete in one sport doesn't necessarily translate to being a great athlete in another.
Anyways, I'm having a difficult time explaining myself and I am not disagreeing with you - so let's please move along.........
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Man, I had a Bruce Jenner action figure when I was a kid.
If I still had it, I guess I could swap the head with a Barbie head
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:38 pm Man, I had a Bruce Jenner action figure when I was a kid.
If I still had it, I guess I could swap the body with a Barbie body.
Fyp.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

suck it goat!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:37 pm 0. Sounds about right.

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status ... 42438?s=20
Very clever social engineering attempt Chicago Bulls, very clever
Deleted User 289

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jordan scores no more than 10-12 on me. I foul his ass six consecutive times outside the paint. Then I talk Jason Bennett level shit. I leave the game with an assist and two points I got on a flop and friendly bounces.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gutter with the nonchalant 4 phone humblebrag.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm Jordan scores no more than 10-12 on me. I foul his ass six consecutive times outside the paint. Then I talk Jason Bennett level shit. I leave the game with an assist and two points I got on a flop and friendly bounces.
In other words, you’re Gerald Wilkins.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ha!
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm Gutter with the nonchalant 4 phone humblebrag.
Home
Office
Fax
Cell
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

No fax, that's his burner number.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.