Tweet-free thread

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Tweet-free thread

Post by PhDhawk »

I don't think there's a problem with posting a tweet, outside of this thread, as a jumping off point for discussion, or to make an original point and wanting to give credit for it, or to post an expert opinion.

What gets old, at least for me, is posting every tweet one individual makes. If you're here, you also have access to Twitter. If someone wants to read ALL of trumps tweets, twitter is the better place to gey them. I also get tired of tweets from ordinary people as a proxy for having an opinion. Just say what you want to say, not some tweet from a like minded karen. It's also not necessary to post every single tweet that has a political meme you agree with.

I'm more interested in original posts than I am interested in coming here to get a representative sample of tweets on all topics.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:55 am I agree!

(and also wonder if the resident tough guy posters would still be so whiny about tweets if they weren't also so frequently at odds with their politi...sorry wrong bored)

If thats for me then:

1. Im not a tough guy. I just dont like your posting style

2. I dont care what the tweet says i juat don't like being inundated with a flurry of tweets on each topic. You can find a tweet that supports ANY opinion. Theyre just opinions. We have plenty of those around here. Others are poir attempts at humor. I understand why you like those
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:13 am I don't think there's a problem with posting a tweet, outside of this thread, as a jumping off point for discussion, or to make an original point and wanting to give credit for it, or to post an expert opinion.

What gets old, at least for me, is posting every tweet one individual makes. If you're here, you also have access to Twitter. If someone wants to read ALL of trumps tweets, twitter is the better place to gey them. I also get tired of tweets from ordinary people as a proxy for having an opinion. Just say what you want to say, not some tweet from a like minded karen. It's also not necessary to post every single tweet that has a political meme you agree with.

I'm more interested in original posts than I am interested in coming here to get a representative sample of tweets on all topics.
what about posting youtube vids in lieu of an original opinion?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:55 am I agree!

(and also wonder if the resident tough guy posters would still be so whiny about tweets if they weren't also so frequently at odds with their politi...sorry wrong bored)

If thats for me then:

1. Im not a tough guy. I just dont like your posting style

2. I dont care what the tweet says i juat don't like being inundated with a flurry of tweets on each topic. You can find a tweet that supports ANY opinion. Theyre just opinions. We have plenty of those around here. Others are poir attempts at humor. I understand why you like those
opinions are like assholes

everyone has one, and the overwhelming majority stink and are pretty shitty
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 10:13 am I don't think there's a problem with posting a tweet, outside of this thread, as a jumping off point for discussion, or to make an original point and wanting to give credit for it, or to post an expert opinion.

Bu...bu...bu...muh Aaron Rupar...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:20 am

What about him?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:18 am

what about posting youtube vids in lieu of an original opinion?
As long as they're really really long and preferably low quality, I support it.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:25 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:20 am

What about him?
What about him what?
Deleted User 289

I asked you what I thought was a simple question. Perhaps it wasn't.
Hey, don't worry about. Go ahead and please carry on with more cryptic posts if that's what you choose to do today. Sorry to have interrupted you.
CoyDC

Post by CoyDC »

oh, you think I'm being cryptic?
Deleted User 289

CoyDC wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:56 pm oh, you think I'm being cryptic?
Cryptic probably wasn't a good word to use.
Coy might have been better but I'm thinking the word vague would work.
CoyDC

Post by CoyDC »

See, now you’re getting it!

...or are you? ;)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am I asked you what I thought was a simple question. Perhaps it wasn't.
Hey, don't worry about. Go ahead and please carry on with more cryptic posts if that's what you choose to do today. Sorry to have interrupted you.

Hey, don't worry about it. Go ahead and please carry on with more unhinged posts if that's what you choose to do today.

Sorry, not sorry.
Deleted User 289

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:53 pm
Grandma wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:48 am I asked you what I thought was a simple question. Perhaps it wasn't.

Hey, don't worry about it. Go ahead and please carry on with more unhinged posts if that's what you choose to do today.

Sorry, not sorry.
Here let me appease you with another "unhinged post".
Maybe it's just me but you've seemed a bit testy lately.
Obviously I have no idea what may or may not be happening in your life off of the board/s but I sincerely hope there is nothing bad going on.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Tweets on a cellphone are a PITA. If they were screen shots they would not cause me to have close Twitter windows all the time. But I love that we are arguing about it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandma wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:08 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Sorry, not sorry.
Here let me appease you with another "unhinged post".
Maybe it's just me but you've seemed a bit testy lately.
Obviously I have no idea what may or may not be happening in your life off of the board/s but I sincerely hope there is nothing bad going on.
I'm way behind on this thread, but in the last few days what I've read Gutter seems pretty hinged to me. And I agree with him in hoping you're in a good place.
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The long multiple tweet posts makes this site awful on a phone. And then gets worse when quoted.

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bye.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if I had a nickel for every time “bag of farts” was in a Fox News headline...