General knowledge questions

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

Re: General knowledge questions

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ok. I really, truly hope that you feel better now.

I guess I grew up different than most.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jeepin - I don't feel any better or worse. I did it to question my own lack of knowledge and wondered if I was in the minority in terms of those I work with.
"General knowledge" or not, I sincerely admire that you and those others on here know the correct answer. I'll never fault you or anyone else for knowing something that can be useful to yourself and/or others.
Deleted User 62

My grandpa owned a company that built roads for state and counties.
My uncle was a carpenter.
We all have different backgrounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Clearly that office does not spend any time tending or purchasing farmland.
Deleted User 62

DrPepper wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm Clearly that office does not spend any time tending or purchasing farmland.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I was referring to Gutter’s office and 10 random people. I was a page behind.
Deleted User 62

I got it.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm Clearly that office does not spend any time tending or purchasing farmland.
BINGO!
I think Plano hit the nail on the head when he posted - "We all have different backgrounds" and of course what may be "general knowledge" for some may not be for others.
I figure at least 85% have never used a plumb bob, 70% have never used a chalk line, and 90% have never put chains on tires either. Nor do they know how to do it.
Not at all trying to say those in my office represent the "average" American in terms of "general knowledge" because they don't and shouldn't - but I am wondering if every American over the age of 16 was polled if 50.01% would have truthfully answered yes (gotten 100%) to all of the questions in the o.p.
As far as people who didn't get 100% correct wearing thongs (it made me laugh Plano), I don't wear one but I am extremely confident numerous people in my office do - and would regardless if they got 100% right or not.
Maybe that should be my survey question of the day in the office today.
I'm going to walk around and tell 50 random people (male and female) that I am taking a survey for Crimson.com and ask them if they are currently wearing a thong and/or if they have worn one in the past 30 days.
I wonder how soon before I would get called in to HR on that one. Not sure how funny they would think it was. I know I'd get a laugh out of it and I figure a couple of other people would too.
On second thought, I'm going to take a pass on that.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I haven't seen anybody with tire chains on in a long long time. Chews up asphalt streets.
15 years surveying will teach what a plumb bob is and that there are 640 acres in a square mile.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Look at the big brain on Geezer.
Defense. Rebounds.