who ya got?

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: who ya got?

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:18 pm I don't "only care only in this instance" -- not sure where you came to that conclusion. If the best candidate happens to be a woman, then great. My point is, a job should be chosen on merit and who is the best person for the job. I had no issue with Clinton being a woman, but rather, she was as corrupt as they come. Obama won because he appeared to be the best candidate -- same with Trump. The main point I'm making here is that if you are about to go under for a life-threatening surgery, are you going to ask if the team of surgeons are "diverse" or are you going to be more interested if they do their job well? The fact we have had more men presidents is just a natural thing in nature -- men tend to thrive in leadership roles.
Women also thrive in leadership roles.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Sometimes...

The ones that can think logically and keep their emotions in check, yes.

This company made up of all women, collapsed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... lict-.html
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:22 pm How sad is it that we have people choosing people for a very important job based on their sex and what color their skin is. This goes against all logic and reason, and you could even say it is racist.
So, when white males were chosen for all but one election over the past 240+years as the vice-presidential candidates--that had nothing to do with racism/sexism, they were just the best candidate?

However, when the potential Veep candidates are women and possibly black women, suddenly they're not being chosen for being the best candidate, but being a woman and black.

But perhaps it's far too difficult for you to understand that to get this very important job, part of the qualification is fitting on some checklist of what's most politically feasible. Since women did quite well in 2018 and since many of those who got elected were black women, those are two boxes checked off, just like being a white male was on the checklist for almost all of the other elections. But, does your raging misogyny seriously tell us that Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren are not as qualified as Mike Pence?

ETA: Didn't see Phd's post before adding mine.
Don't inject Lysol.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:26 pm Sometimes...

The ones that can think logically and keep their emotions in check,
I mean, that's true of men too.

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Of course. BIden is an example that does not fit the description of a good leader. Andrew Yang is a much better leader and would have been a much better option. Tulsi Gabbard too, would have been a better leader than Biden. See, I support women when they are competent.

I'll just close by saying I've met a lot of professional women over the years that told me they prefer to work with men. The reason? Less drama, the men get their shit done.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

In my experience women also get their shit done.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:50 pm In my experience women also get their shit done.
I was just about to post this
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 pm See, I support women when they are competent.
Where would you like your trophy shipped to?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Good grief. The best you can do is a 15 year old company of half a dozen women.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Joe has had some pretty sick burns latey.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:40 am

Just because something dated doesn't mean it's not valid today. Women are known to cause more problems in the workforce than men. Doesn't mean they always do, but everyone on here knows this, whether they would admit it or not. A lot of it stems from women struggling to make a decision. Men are (in general) better at making decisions. A man who can make decisions is very attractive to women, as I've learned in my own life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey man, logically speaking, that comes across as misogynistic as fuck.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:15 pm Hey man, logically speaking, that comes across as misogynistic as fuck.
Stop saying comes across as, when it just is. Especially considering it's based on nothing but his own broken life experience.

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 pm Of course. BIden is an example that does not fit the description of a good leader. Andrew Yang is a much better leader and would have been a much better option. Tulsi Gabbard too, would have been a better leader than Biden. See, I support women when they are competent.

I'll just close by saying I've met a lot of professional women over the years that told me they prefer to work with men. The reason? Less drama, the men get their shit done.
I'm being dead serious in saying I am curious as to why you feel Yang and Gabbard are and would be much better leaders than Biden. Care to elaborate on your feelings? I would appreciate it if you would.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

and from another continent.

If he's interested in tv, why not bring up Jenji Cohen or Shondra Rhimes...I guess because they've been incredibly succesful. Much more than he's ever been.

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Just because something dated doesn't mean it's not valid today. Women are known to cause more problems in the workforce than men. Doesn't mean they always do, but everyone on here knows this, whether they would admit it or not. A lot of it stems from women struggling to make a decision. Men are (in general) better at making decisions. A man who can make decisions is very attractive to women, as I've learned in my own life.
Good grief, so dumb.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 pm
Walrus wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:49 pm Of course. BIden is an example that does not fit the description of a good leader. Andrew Yang is a much better leader and would have been a much better option. Tulsi Gabbard too, would have been a better leader than Biden. See, I support women when they are competent.

I'm being dead serious in saying I am curious as to why you feel Yang and Gabbard are and would be much better leaders than Biden. Care to elaborate on your feelings? I would appreciate it if you would.
Because he thinks Gabbard is hot and has lots of right leaning stances. Gabbard was with Sanders and Warren below Biden on my list.

And he'd probably bitch about Yang if he was the nominee and he got to know his platform better.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:38 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:15 pm Hey man, logically speaking, that comes across as misogynistic as fuck.
Stop saying comes across as, when it just is. Especially considering it's based on nothing but his own broken life experience.
Careful bro, you’re gonna scare him off again.

Then the only place he’ll have his “logical discussions” is on some back room 4chan echo chamber or something.

Let’s try to save him from himself.