The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by ousdahl »

Interesting.

And yeah, qualified immunity seems to have outgrown its purpose.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I waffle on that because I tend to agree with the spirit of the doctrine.

However, per usual, lawyers ruin everything.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The main thing I'd like to see is that it should be really easy to fire a cop for doing something bad...and the good cops should support this. And then it should also be difficult for him/her to get another job as a cop.

I know people want charges and jail time, but I just don't want them to be able to do something shitty to another person.

(When it's clearly murder, as with Chauvin, they should be charged with murder. I'm talking about someone making the wrong decision in a split second situation. We are asking these people to do a difficult job that we don't ask the rest of the population to do. If you prove you don't have what it takes to be a LEO, then you shouldn't be one, but I don't think criminal charges are always the appropriate response. In this case, the murder charge seems like a response to the emotional situation we're in. (though I don't know ALL the details obviously) Maybe he should be charged with a crime, but man, murder seems excessive and hard to get a guilty verdict.)
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Where's DC to tell us that public employee unions suck?
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm The main thing I'd like to see is that it should be really easy to fire a cop for doing something bad...and the good cops should support this. And then it should also be difficult for him/her to get another job as a cop.

I know people want charges and jail time, but I just don't want them to be able to do something shitty to another person.
Yes, with the understanding that humans are going to make mistakes, no one should want someone in that position that has 3, 4, 5+ disciplinary actions taken against them. There are several reasons for this, but we just have too many in position that should not be.

And, if you have 1300 good cops and 6 bad ones and the 1300 back the 6 bad ones no matter what, then you probably have 1306 bad cops.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:12 pm The main thing I'd like to see is that it should be really easy to fire a cop for doing something bad...and the good cops should support this. And then it should also be difficult for him/her to get another job as a cop.

Yes, with the understanding that humans are going to make mistakes, no one should want someone in that position that has 3, 4, 5+ disciplinary actions taken against them. There are several reasons for this, but we just have too many in position that should not be.

And, if you have 1300 good cops and 6 bad ones and the 1300 back the 6 bad ones no matter what, then you probably have 1306 bad cops.
Exaclty, Chauvin was in the teens for complaints, right? I mean, dude shouldn't have still been a cop, and yet, he was the training officer for two of those guys right. I mean, if you have a new, green cop, and you're using a bad cop to train him, you're going to have two bad cops.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

That cop murdered that guy....period.
Anything else is unnecessary noise.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 pm And, if you have 1300 good cops and 6 bad ones and the 1300 back the 6 bad ones no matter what, then you probably have 1306 bad cops.
https://twitter.com/atlanta_police/stat ... 69216?s=21
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

"It's a protest, it's a protest, it's a protest, it's a protest, I'm making a protest, I'm making a protest....."
Someone should have mind fucked him by getting in his face and telling him they are protesting his protest.

https://twitter.com/Jerrybembry/status/ ... 2630726661
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Holy Shit read the replies. Absolutely amazing.

https://twitter.com/dalejr/status/12749 ... 19776?s=21
Deleted User 289

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:05 pm Holy Shit read the replies. Absolutely amazing.

https://twitter.com/dalejr/status/12749 ... 19776?s=21
What comments? I'm not reading them because I have been told something to the degree of there is little to no racism in this country - unless you are looking for it.
Deleted User 141

Fuck whoever told you that. They are a cunt.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Whoa, GQ just called Lobster a see you next tuesday!

Deleted User 141

If that’s who said that, yep.
Deleted User 289

Has to be on purpose. Doesn't it?

MORAN!

https://twitter.com/Conrad59Robert/stat ... 3286091776
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

No Regerts
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

My not Nice nominee today.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... 37cjsGvNDc

A video went viral on Monday showing a woman holding a Confederate flag at a Black Lives Matter protest in Missouri and telling demonstrators, “I will teach my grandkids to hate you all.”

The 37-second video shows the woman in an apparent confrontation with a Black Lives Matter supporter while she is sitting on a truck in the parking lot of Dixie Outfitters in Branson, Mo., on Sunday, the Springfield News-Leader reported....

.... The woman, who identified herself as Kathy Bennett of Branson to the newspaper, was sporting a camouflage “Make America Great Again” hat when she addressed protesters, saying “I’ll teach them to f---ing hate all of you.”

“I will teach my grandkids to hate you all,” she said in the clip that has more than 3.9 million views on Twitter.

The woman followed up by saying, “Suck on this” as she draped the Confederate flag over herself. She then turned around, made a fist and said, “KKK belief.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chill out, Kathy from Branson
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

MIZZOU.
Deleted User 289

NiceDC wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 am My not Nice nominee today.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... 37cjsGvNDc

A video went viral on Monday showing a woman holding a Confederate flag at a Black Lives Matter protest in Missouri and telling demonstrators, “I will teach my grandkids to hate you all.”

The 37-second video shows the woman in an apparent confrontation with a Black Lives Matter supporter while she is sitting on a truck in the parking lot of Dixie Outfitters in Branson, Mo., on Sunday, the Springfield News-Leader reported....

.... The woman, who identified herself as Kathy Bennett of Branson to the newspaper, was sporting a camouflage “Make America Great Again” hat when she addressed protesters, saying “I’ll teach them to f---ing hate all of you.”

“I will teach my grandkids to hate you all,” she said in the clip that has more than 3.9 million views on Twitter.

The woman followed up by saying, “Suck on this” as she draped the Confederate flag over herself. She then turned around, made a fist and said, “KKK belief.”
I posted the video yesterday and mistakenly accused her of saying "hang" and not "hate". Gee, imagine that. The word "hate" being the lesser of two evils.