In this thread, the "experts" own Lobs

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: 2020: the year the "feelz" took over

Post by ousdahl »

When a murder (of a black person by a cop) is not caught on video, we take the cop’s word for it that he feared for his life (and that he didn’t casually have his hands in his pockets while bystanders and the handcuffed black guy himself pleaded for his own life).

Kinda makes you question all the other times we had to take the cop’s word for it, eh?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:49 pm You think Chauvin didn't kill Floyd based on what we know?
See, that's a Seahawk-type of comment. Not what I said and not relevant.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:49 pm You think Chauvin didn't kill Floyd based on what we know?
Ok, I'll be direct. Do you think Chauvin killed Floyd? Do you think he should be found guilty of a crime? Based on the evidence that's been made public.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus is already on record saying black oppression can be blamed on the blacks cuz of their attitude

then mention he had drugs in his system, and other character assassination shit
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:58 pm
Ok, I'll be direct. Do you think Chauvin killed Floyd? Do you think he should be found guilty of a crime? Based on the evidence that's been made public.
Yes and yes. Was it murder? I honestly don't know. What it manslaughter? I believe so.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

There's an awful lot of video footage available.
It seems that Lobsters "point?" is that it wasn't murder if the victim "asked for it"
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

I can't believe I spent 15 minutes listening to Tucker but I am an open minded guy when it comes to other's sharing their opinions - regardless if I agree or not.

He lost me at Teddy but I still listened to the rest.
Let me guess Walrus, you had/have no idea what many people object to in regards to the Teddy Statue outside the Museum of Natural History. It's not just a statue of him - is it?
Teddy - "I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indian is the dead Indian, but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian. Take three hundred low families of New York and New Jersey, support them, for fifty years, in vicious idleness, and you will have some idea of what the Indians are. Reckless, revengeful, fiendishly cruel".

Then he went on and at around the 10:20 mark said, "Laws are not applied equally in America. Some victims are considered more deserving than others..... That's the aim of this movement, of these riots, to overthrow the value, the principal, of equality under the law.
WHAT? I'm a moron so perhaps I am not understanding what he is saying. Is he implying White people or Black people are the victims when it comes to equality under the law?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I think referring to the likes of Lakota, Sioux, Navajo and other indigenous peoples as "Indians" is insensitive at best, and offensive at worst. You wouldn't call Mayans as "Chinese" or "Mongolians". There is no reason to perpetuate someone's bad knowledge of geography. It's bad enough that the chili is referred to as a pepper! The early European explorers also had a bad sense of botany coupled with extreme hubris regarding their grasp of both these subjects.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

zsn wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:18 pm I think referring to the likes of Lakota, Sioux, Navajo and other indigenous peoples as "Indians" is insensitive at best, and offensive at worst. You wouldn't call Mayans as "Chinese" or "Mongolians". There is no reason to perpetuate someone's bad knowledge of geography. It's bad enough that the chili is referred to as a pepper! The early European explorers also had a bad sense of botany coupled with extreme hubris regarding their grasp of both these subjects.
It's more complicated. Some native americans prefer the term indians and refer ti thenselves as such. Also, you just referred to the Sioux, which is a term many Lakota find offensive because that is a French-ized name meaning snake given to them as an insult by other tribes.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The ol political correctness trap.

I have a good buddy that I work with who is nez perce and yakama. He says call him Indian, he also says, or yknow just call me Ike.
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I'll share a secret about life: people don't care what you skin color is -- they care only if you do your job the best. The NBA hires more blacks than whites because they are often better players. It's not racist -- it's because the teams want to put themselves in the best possible position to win games. Similarly, blacks and hispanics are not "kept out" of tech. If they were as qualified, they would be hired.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/why- ... 23074.html
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 am I'll share a secret about life: people don't care what you skin color is -- they care only if you do your job the best. The NBA hires more blacks than whites because they are often better players. It's not racist -- it's because the teams want to put themselves in the best possible position to win games. Similarly, blacks and hispanics are not "kept out" of tech. If they were as qualified, they would be hired.

And if the school districts in their neighborhoods growing up were more equally funded, then maybe more of them would find themselves in a situation to be qualified for those jobs.

And if laws were were equally policed in their neighborhood, maybe their fathers would be home to teach them about computers instead of in jail for a petty drug crime that a white kid wouldn't end up in jail on.

And if local businesses in their neighborhood were equally supported by banks and the government, maybe their mom would be home to help them instead of having to work 3 jobs to get by.

Saying that black people have an equal opportunity at winning as white people is the same as saying that the Royals have an equal opportunity at winning as the Yankees. It simply ignores where each is starting.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 am I'll share a secret about life: people don't care what you skin color is
Welp, that settles that.

Lobster just ended racism!
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:54 am
Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 am I'll share a secret about life: people don't care what you skin color is -- they care only if you do your job the best. The NBA hires more blacks than whites because they are often better players. It's not racist -- it's because the teams want to put themselves in the best possible position to win games. Similarly, blacks and hispanics are not "kept out" of tech. If they were as qualified, they would be hired.

And if the school districts in their neighborhoods growing up were more equally funded, then maybe more of them would find themselves in a situation to be qualified for those jobs.

And if laws were were equally policed in their neighborhood, maybe their fathers would be home to teach them about computers instead of in jail for a petty drug crime that a white kid wouldn't end up in jail on.

And if local businesses in their neighborhood were equally supported by banks and the government, maybe their mom would be home to help them instead of having to work 3 jobs to get by.

Saying that black people have an equal opportunity at winning as white people is the same as saying that the Royals have an equal opportunity at winning as the Yankees. It simply ignores where each is starting.
Why do we even bother to try and state facts?
Either he is pulling our chain or he is so highly offensive with his ignorance that he truly needs a hard slap across the back of his head.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:38 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:54 am

Why do we even bother to try and state facts?
Either he is pulling our chain or he is so highly offensive with his ignorance that he truly needs a hard slap across the back of his head.
Refer to Geezer's link to the Scientific America article about people digging in their heels when presented with facts that differ from their worldview.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Walrus wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm
Find someone else to scapegoat, Lobster. Choosing to scapegoat the one female poster makes your misogyny even more obvious than usual.

Chauvin will have his day in court and a jury will make a decision about his guilt or innocence. Neither you nor I will be on that jury.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The one? Feral doesn't count? What about Judy? There could be more, I dont think anyone has ever asked for gender announcements.
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Bless your heart.
Don't inject Lysol.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Where is Feral? I haven't seen her post in a while.
Defense. Rebounds.