Mahomie

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Mahomie

Post by holidaysmore »

And if you believe Schefter it will be tied to the cap. Genius.
Holidaysmore - 2005
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Great news for the Chiefs!

Also, seems like a pretty genius business move on their part. Suddenly Mahomes falls out of the sky and this turd of a franchise seems to do everything right now.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 38304?s=20
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:02 pm It’s going to be the largest in history of any sport.
Well... Even with Trout anyways.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I'm wrong. Schefty mentioning that the floor is 12 years and $427.6M. Will be more than that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

450 million. Nothing in the language tying it to the cap.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So if you include the 2 years on his current contract, it comes out to be 477 for 12 years, which is just under 40 million a year.

A lot of money but again, I think QB's in the future will break that $$$ mark per year.
And the earnings/value a franchise makes in winning a Super Bowl would very easily cover ( more likely double or even triple ) the 450 million in one season. I'm willing to bet in Pat's next 12 years with the team, he'll win another title.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HALF A BILLION DOLLARS.

BILLION!

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Patrick, Im sure things will work out well with your lady in the future. But please watch this at least once a year, like you would an annual security awareness training at a normal job.

https://youtu.be/x0gaYyNk7QA
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:08 amGo get half a billion Pat, you’re worth 2x that much.
He always listens to me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oof.

Well...that's tying a heavy weight on the franchise at that cost.
He's worth it...but not so sure he cares as much about winning ( and of course he highly values winning - just not as much as I thought ) as I thought as he needs to understand how salary caps work in the NFL and what you take for yourself, you cannot spend on the team around you.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:55 pm Oof.

Well...that's tying a heavy weight on the franchise at that cost.
He's worth it...but not so sure he cares as much about winning ( and of course he highly values winning - just not as much as I thought ) as I thought as he needs to understand how salary caps work in the NFL and what you take for yourself, you cannot spend on the team around you.
He's the best player in the most popular sport, and he's somehow in KC. If the Chiefs didn't pay him someone would. I'm sure he cares about winning just as much as Brady, and lets not act like the Patriots would never have done anything shady to keep signing Brady to team friendly deals. Anyways, maybe he honors the contract all the way through and with the cap going up every year, it looks a lot better in 5 years for the Chiefs, who knows. Either way, they just signed the best player to an extension, who is only going into his 3rd year starting, lol. Imagine Seattle signing Griffey when he was 24? Except by then Griffey had won a ring and been the MVP.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

LVCHawk wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:16 pm Anyways, maybe he honors the contract all the way through and with the cap going up every year, it looks a lot better in 5 years for the Chiefs, who knows.
We still have this 2 year window....and then I think years 3-5/6 are going to be really tricky.
6/7-12, as you mentioned, might wrap around and his contract isn't as cap sucking.
Deleted User 141

I’m really surprised no one called you out on surmising that maybe he doesn’t like winning as much as ‘others’ (you).

Professional athletes, as a rule, have a competitive spirit that most of us can’t even fathom. Much like the skill they have to play these sports professionally.

I don’t disagree Chiefs might be up against some cap issues, but fuck that. It’s also easy as fans to be perplexed by them not taking less to ‘help the greater good’. I get it, but I don’t agree at all. This is their job, career, and all that. At the end of day, good on those who can get paid like this. It’s disgusting amounts of money, but that’s for a different thread.

Good on Mahomes, and the Chiefs are set for a while to be great. AFC West shouldn’t even be close for a couple years, minimum.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I got blown away by the early numbers but when you start to break it down, year over year it really appears that the Chiefs might have got the upper hand. No big money upfront and they didn't destroy their cap because Mahomes money was already locked in for 2020 and 2021. What I thought was impossible just might be possible now which is resigning Chris Jones.

Sure they are going to pay him a lot of money but if the NFL keeps going on the trajectory it was going (COVID removed) the salary cap will only keep going up and by 2026 this Mahomes deal doesn't look so staggering anymore. I can almost guarantee you that if Pat adds another MVP and at least two more Super Bowls we will be talking about how he has some how outplayed this deal. That is a good problem to have for KC and if the time comes that means that all sides have flourished.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 141

^^^
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chiefs are going to have half a billion dollars in revenue from 2019 season alone. He's underpaid at half a bill.
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:26 am I got blown away by the early numbers but when you start to break it down, year over year it really appears that the Chiefs might have got the upper hand. No big money upfront and they didn't destroy their cap because Mahomes money was already locked in for 2020 and 2021. What I thought was impossible just might be possible now which is resigning Chris Jones.

Sure they are going to pay him a lot of money but if the NFL keeps going on the trajectory it was going (COVID removed) the salary cap will only keep going up and by 2026 this Mahomes deal doesn't look so staggering anymore. I can almost guarantee you that if Pat adds another MVP and at least two more Super Bowls we will be talking about how he has some how outplayed this deal. That is a good problem to have for KC and if the time comes that means that all sides have flourished.
Chiefs are banking on Pat being healthy. If he gets hurt, Chiefs could be strapped for a decade. If Pat stays healthy, it’s one of the most team friendly deal in the back half when an average QB will be averaging 35 mil, and “good” QBs will be around 60 mil. Pat taking the sure thing and putting his stamp on sports history. It’s a great play by both sides, and I’m pretty excited.
Last edited by Deleted User 318 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:00 am Chiefs are going to have half a billion dollars in revenue from 2019 season alone. He's underpaid at half a bill.
Yep. If you're in the "Mahomes should not take every last dollar because the Chiefs will need to be able to spend on other guys" camp, you should be very happy with what has transpired.