Redskins

Kansas Football.
twocoach

Re: Redskins

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:12 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Then two things Have been lol for as long as I d been an adult. (Or close).
Can we 86 the "Home of the Chiefs" thing while we're at it?
Are the folks crying about the kneeling during the anthem the same folks changing the anthem words for their football team? Every time I hear that, especially at a freaking KU basketball game, it just makes me cringe. Talk about disrespectful.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think the Chiefs will eventually be next if we continue to 'progress' like we are.
Not in the next few years but maybe before Patrick is retired.
Of course, it's all very dumb ( to me, obviously others think it's important ).
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I wouldn’t care at all if the Chiefs changed their name
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 pm I wouldn’t care at all if the Chiefs changed their name
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t care what either of you care.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'm down with the Chiefs changing names. Change it to the Monarchs.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Great googly moogly
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:04 pm I'm down with the Chiefs changing names. Change it to the Monarchs.
Ugh brings back memories of horrible mornings.
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Cascadia wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:21 pm I wouldn’t care at all if the Chiefs changed their name
This. Whatever, so long as they are good to watch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Join JFish and CnB.
They want to rename the Kansas Jayhawks to the KC Phogushers.
Just as long as they are good to watch.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:49 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:04 pm I'm down with the Chiefs changing names. Change it to the Monarchs.
Not sure I get this?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:24 am
TDub wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:49 pm
Not sure I get this?
Monarch is a super cheap nasty liqour brand. We used to drink it in college because its all we could afford. It is fucking terrible, and it hurts
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ah, ours was Atomic vodka. Gomer's had a sign next to it. "Does the same as the rest, for less"
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There's nothing sacred about any of this shit. What are people clutching to so tightly? A f'n nickname?

When they rightfully did away with Chief Wahoo, the minority pissed off crowd looked like complete jackasses.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

But CnB, it’s tradition. It’s memories. It’s, it’s. I dunno.

It’s dumb. I was a Houston Oilers fan and have no less hard time rooting for the Tennessee Oilers, Err, Tennessee Titans.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I just don't see any resemblance between the Chiefs and the Washington Racial Slurs and the Indians and others. It's different when the logo has the imagery as well. Like Cleveland had with Chief Wahoo, like Washington does now and many others. The Chiefs have a Arrowhead rock with KC in the middle and that's it. No other resemblance to Native American cultures. Yeah Chief Wahoo was removed, but the Indians name is still there and I don't hear much about it today. I'd say Indians is far more offensive and derogatory than Chiefs. It's all about the logos in my estimation when it's not a blatant racial slur in the name like Washington. And the Chiefs have nothing wrong with their logo in my eyes and I think the name is just a name.

It's been widely known that the name was in part because of the Mayor of KC at the time, named The Chief. It's just jackass fans that do the Native American dress and the like that make it an issue.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:27 am It’s dumb. I was a Houston Oilers fan and have no less hard time rooting for the Tennessee Oilers, Err, Tennessee Titans.
I think name changes when relocating makes complete sense. It's an entire rebrand of that franchise. As you mentioned, Oilers to Titans. Browns to Ravens, etc.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am I just don't see any resemblance between the Chiefs and the Washington Racial Slurs and the Indians and others. It's different when the logo has the imagery as well. Like Cleveland had with Chief Wahoo, like Washington does now and many others. The Chiefs have a Arrowhead rock with KC in the middle and that's it. No other resemblance to Native American cultures. Yeah Chief Wahoo was removed, but the Indians name is still there and I don't hear much about it today. I'd say Indians is far more offensive and derogatory than Chiefs. It's all about the logos in my estimation when it's not a blatant racial slur in the name like Washington. And the Chiefs have nothing wrong with their logo in my eyes and I think the name is just a name.

It's been widely known that the name was in part because of the Mayor of KC at the time, named The Chief. It's just jackass fans that do the Native American dress and the like that make it an issue.
Agreed. Florida State, if I'm not mistaken, has kind of shown how to do this correctly.

FWIW, I've heard rumblings of a movement to do away with "Indians." I can understand that point.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am
Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:27 am It’s dumb. I was a Houston Oilers fan and have no less hard time rooting for the Tennessee Oilers, Err, Tennessee Titans.
I think name changes when relocating makes complete sense. It's an entire rebrand of that franchise. As you mentioned, Oilers to Titans. Browns to Ravens, etc.
When people clutch ridiculously tightly to inconsequential things such as pro sports nicknames, you end up with dumbass results like the Utah Jazz.