Trump's tweet about the fires...

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Trump's tweet about the fires...

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I know he hates California and all, but this was in really poor taste. Natural disasters are beyond politics.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Trump's tweet about the fires...

Post by Shirley »

lobster wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:29 am I know he hates California and all, but this was in really poor taste. Natural disasters are beyond politics.
#bothsidesdoit

#butdowdy

#butemails

#butfeminazis

#butyourshortdick
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Firefighter union president rips Trump for "demeaning" comments about California wildfires

"The president's message attacking California and threatening to withhold aid to the victims of the cataclysmic fires is ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning to those who are suffering as well as the men and women on the front lines," Brian K. Rice said in a statement.

Earlier Saturday, Mr. Trump said "there is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly fires in California." He said "billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!"

Firefighters were battling three majors fires, including one that leveled the entire town of Paradise. Rice went on to call the president's blame "dangerously wrong."

"Wildfires are sparked and spread not only in forested areas but in populated areas and open fields fueled by parched vegetation, high winds, low humidity and geography," Rice said.

He added, "Moreover, nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management, and another two-thirds under private control. It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California."

Mr. Trump's past claims that California's water policy is shortchanging firefighters of water to battle wildfires have been previously refuted by wildfire and water experts.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Since when do you refute Trump’s word vomit with logic and facts? While you’re offended by this episode he’s already moved on and offended three other groups, even worse than this one, and continues to suffer no consequences.

Unfortunately the current version of the Republican party has abdicated any sense of responsibility and decency. Several paid the price last week, many in California.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

howsabout this tweet about fires?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today, more than 2,000 volunteer inmate firefighters, including 58 youth offenders, are battling wildfire flames throughout CA. Inmate firefighters serve a vital role, clearing thick brush down to bare soil to stop the fire's spread. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CarrFire?sr ... arrFire</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FergusonFir ... sonFire</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MendocinoCo ... </p>&mdash; CA Corrections (@CACorrections) <a href="https://twitter.com/CACorrections/statu ... Etfw">July 31, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I find myself have strong, visceral reactions to stories about celebrities whose houses are burning. Like, of all the people negatively affected, that's what we're concerned about?

On the other hand, as gross as our obsession with celebrity is, the fact is that awareness of the horrors of these fires is undoubtedly increased by focusing on the celebrity tie-in.

Ugh, I need to shower.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i shed a tear when i read that the kardashians had to evacuate
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 am i shed a tear when i read that the kardashians had to evacuate
Don't worry, Caitlin(bruce) posted a video letting everyone know they were safe and their stuff was safe and they were enjoying a morning time vodka to help with the stress.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I shed a tear that illinois....or anyway...knows what the fuck brucie is doing at any given moment
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Anyone*
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I can't shed a tear because of my botox injections.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 104

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am I find myself have strong, visceral reactions to stories about celebrities whose houses are burning. Like, of all the people negatively affected, that's what we're concerned about?

On the other hand, as gross as our obsession with celebrity is, the fact is that awareness of the horrors of these fires is undoubtedly increased by focusing on the celebrity tie-in.

Ugh, I need to shower.
It's offensive for sure. As if people who are famous are more intelligent or valuable to society. American media has failed in this regard.
Deleted User 104

zsn wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 pm Since when do you refute Trump’s word vomit with logic and facts? While you’re offended by this episode he’s already moved on and offended three other groups, even worse than this one, and continues to suffer no consequences.

Unfortunately the current version of the Republican party has abdicated any sense of responsibility and decency. Several paid the price last week, many in California.
I've never said I agree with or condone everything the man says/does. I have a nuanced opinion on Trump.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol

Lobsters opinion of Trump might be the only nuanced thing about the guy.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

lobster wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:56 am I find myself have strong, visceral reactions to stories about celebrities whose houses are burning. Like, of all the people negatively affected, that's what we're concerned about?

Ugh, I need to shower.
It's offensive for sure. As if people who are famous are more intelligent or valuable to society. American media has failed in this regard.
1) Expensive celebrity homes burn down and everyone's insurance rates ultimately go up?
If so, do their homes burning down constitute legit concern?

2) People reading about / watching television stories about celeb homes burning down help the economy?
If so, keep the stories coming.

3) My guess is there can be a legit argument made that as a whole people who are famous are more intelligent than the average American and are more valuable to society.
Deleted User 89

depends on why they’re famous, obviously
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm
zsn wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:04 pm Since when do you refute Trump’s word vomit with logic and facts? While you’re offended by this episode he’s already moved on and offended three other groups, even worse than this one, and continues to suffer no consequences.

I've never said I agree with or condone everything the man says/does. I have a nuanced opinion on Trump.
Hey, he's just speaking his mind. That's what you guys love about him, right?
Deleted User 89

up to 56 dead, 257 missing

seems the news is only going to continue getting worse