Posters You Miss

You Love It.
Deleted User 310

Re: Posters You Miss

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Walrus wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:46 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm Hawklin.
I've heard that he didn't like what this place had become (basically like the mob of SJW's protesting). Can't blame him if that's true. I miss him as well.
I have messaged with him some in recent years but not in a while. If it was just sports he would still be here imo, but this is a politics board with occasional sports discussions.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:00 pm
I've heard that he didn't like what this place had become (basically like the mob of SJW's protesting). Can't blame him if that's true. I miss him as well.
I have messaged with him some in recent years but not in a while. If it was just sports he would still be here imo, but this is a politics board with occasional sports discussions.
That it is, but very few on here are really discussing anything. It's mostly "JFC", "you're racist", "you're this or that..." etc.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I have messaged with him some in recent years but not in a while. If there was no seahawk he would still be here imo, but this is a politics board with occasional sports discussions.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 310

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm

I have messaged with him some in recent years but not in a while. If there was no seahawk he would still be here imo, but this is a politics board with occasional sports discussions.
Ya that may be true (although it was far from her alone that caused him to leave imo)....and tbh for too long of a time i let that aspect of their history spill over into my interactions with seahawk which caused me to say mean and disrepectful things to her (that she didnt deserve regardless of their history) and cause negative pointless interactions with her (which didnt need to happen and that she didnt deserve)... i have since sincerely apologized to her for how i acted. I can disagree and still be respectful, which i didnt do for too long because i was being an immature asshole. I take responsibility for my dumb actions/interactions with her regardless of whether or not i agree with how stuff went down with hawklin.

I do hope hawklin is doing well. I miss the hoops discussions with him for sure.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I didn't think Sea was that bad. She is an angry woman, but I am not sure why would anyone take her too seriously. Geezer has become increasingly like her, sadly.

I miss:
-BofH
-GeorgiaHawk
-HunterThompson
-Phogusher
-Hawklin
-HouseDivided

and... TJayhawk -- where the hell is TJ these days??
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I miss pre-bat shit crazy lobster
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I used to be part of the herd. I grew and learned over time by trying to be more sincere and honest. It's a lot easier to go to McDonalds everyday and pretend you are eating well, but living in denial doesn't end well.

It's like that old saying. "If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." Of course, I'm not a conservative, but you get the point. Don't progress and learn, you get stuck. You see it all around.

But you should also know that I really haven't changed all that much in a lot of ways. If anyone on here came to my home and wanted to come in and chat, I would welcome it. I really do try to talk to people here the same way I would talk to you in person. I fail sometimes, yes, but I try.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:54 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:00 pm
Ya that may be true (although it was far from her alone that caused him to leave imo)....and tbh for too long of a time i let that aspect of their history spill over into my interactions with seahawk which caused me to say mean and disrepectful things to her (that she didnt deserve regardless of their history) and cause negative pointless interactions with her (which didnt need to happen and that she didnt deserve)... i have since sincerely apologized to her for how i acted. I can disagree and still be respectful, which i didnt do for too long because i was being an immature asshole. I take responsibility for my dumb actions/interactions with her regardless of whether or not i agree with how stuff went down with hawklin.

I do hope hawklin is doing well. I miss the hoops discussions with him for sure.
Thats good, thats better than me. Tho my issues with seahawk dont really hark back to the hawklin issue.

I still dont get how hawklin cant say cunt but others can use it daily, or at least weekly.

Hawklin was the best contributor to the hoops board as far as content directly related to the Kansas team. Which, theoretically is what this bosrd exists to discuss/provide. I don't think I have EVER seen a post from seahawk on the hoops board.

If these boards exist at its core for KU Hoops, then it was a bad trade.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Hawklin is a fucking crybaby
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Grandma wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:03 am
LisaT is/was indeed nice. Very few people on the boards are not nice.
I have been accused of running LisaT off of the other site/s. If I am guilty of that, I apologize to her and anyone/everyone else.
She and I had exchanged private messages and I thought we were fine. We were an "act" on the boards.
What I felt she and I had, was sarcastic all be it at times harsh banter. Yes, I took it to extremes but I felt she could handle it. Perhaps she couldn't/didn't.
Again, I apologize to her and anyone/everyone else if I "ran her off the board/s".
Oh, for Pete’s sake. Why be such a little coquette? You know dam* well who called you out for running off LisaT, but I’ve told you that your mistreatment of her is only one of the issues I have with you.

Posts like this are another. It’s a load of self-serving BS. You’re trying to change the simple truth of what you did. You’re spinning and reframing it to suit your massive need for acceptance and reassurance.

You and she didn’t have an “act”. The “harsh banter” was all yours. It was the nasty sh*t you posted about, and to, her. You “took it to extremes”? You bet you did. That’s a small crack of honesty in the veneer of crap you posted above. You thought she could ”handle it”? Why would you have thought that? You can’t. That’s why you so often leave the board pouting, only to come back under a new name. That’s why you play with your socks – so you don’t have to own the stuff “they” post.

Save your apology, to the extent any of it may be splashed toward me. I don’t believe it’s sincere. It’s just another attempt to ingratiate yourself to posters who don’t know or don’t mind your shtick. It’s part of the therapy you seek on the Board.

I get it. <sigh>
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 pm 1. Wiscy
2. 1985
3. trustee
4. hasbeen
5. KUPainter
6. Coldwarkid
7. DC ( recent )
8. Tradition ( recent )
9. Feral ( recent )
10. Hawklin
11. Image
12. stalez

Good list. Add Raddy. Imho, this thread shoulda been on the Off Topic board.
Deleted User 310

Am i still one of gutters socks?

🤣
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Pretty clearly.
Deleted User 310

ChalkRocker wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:17 am Pretty clearly.
I can't tell if you are being serious with that or not....but you might be the only person who feels that way. Cascadia would probably cosign it for the hell of it, but not sure that helps your case overall.

Fwiw you are wrong. Even posters who dislike me would probably vouch for the fact that i am not gutter...not to mention pdub can easily tell that we are different people by our info that he has access to. Right? Maybe he will clear this up for you...
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:54 am
Grandma wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:03 am
LisaT is/was indeed nice. Very few people on the boards are not nice.
I have been accused of running LisaT off of the other site/s. If I am guilty of that, I apologize to her and anyone/everyone else.
She and I had exchanged private messages and I thought we were fine. We were an "act" on the boards.
What I felt she and I had, was sarcastic all be it at times harsh banter. Yes, I took it to extremes but I felt she could handle it. Perhaps she couldn't/didn't.
Again, I apologize to her and anyone/everyone else if I "ran her off the board/s".
Oh, for Pete’s sake. Why be such a little coquette? You know dam* well who called you out for running off LisaT, but I’ve told you that your mistreatment of her is only one of the issues I have with you.

Posts like this are another. It’s a load of self-serving BS. You’re trying to change the simple truth of what you did. You’re spinning and reframing it to suit your massive need for acceptance and reassurance.

You and she didn’t have an “act”. The “harsh banter” was all yours. It was the nasty sh*t you posted about, and to, her. You “took it to extremes”? You bet you did. That’s a small crack of honesty in the veneer of crap you posted above. You thought she could ”handle it”? Why would you have thought that? You can’t. That’s why you so often leave the board pouting, only to come back under a new name. That’s why you play with your socks – so you don’t have to own the stuff “they” post.

Save your apology, to the extent any of it may be splashed toward me. I don’t believe it’s sincere. It’s just another attempt to ingratiate yourself to posters who don’t know or don’t mind your shtick. It’s part of the therapy you seek on the Board.

I get it. <sigh>
Since you called me out, I am going to respond in order of what you posted.

A. She's a big girl. If I ran her off, my bad but let's be honest - if I did run her off, she allowed me to have that power and it was her choice to run away.
B. My "mistreatment" of her was at times instigated by her. Two wrongs don't make a right but she was as big of an attention whore as anyone else is on the boards. I gave her the attention she sought.
C. You call my post "a load of self-serving BS". Hey man/woman, you're the one who has continuously called me out regarding her. I don't comment about her unsolicited (unless someone else has posted about her). You're God damn right I am going explain myself. If people are upset or offended by something I said, and let it be known in a respectful manner - I truly care and I sincerely apologize. You want to call that BS - fine. It's not.
D. What did I "spin" and "re-frame"?
E. Yes, I feel she and I had "an act". I am confident EVERY person who has met me off the boards would tell you that I am a decent person. Granted they might tell you I am an annoying fuck but my hope is they came away feeling I have a good heart and I treat others well. Just as I would be towards her off the boards and in person - and I was when I had exchanged private messages with her.
F. The "nasty shit" I posted was mostly in "jest". I did call her out on things that she lied about or misinterpreted herself regarding. She engaged others and was looking for attention. I gave it to her.
G. You're right about one thing. I can be sensitive and there are times where I take a break. That's a bad thing and you find fault in it?
H. One of many things you are wrong about is my having socks. I have no socks on this board. Yes, I have had different user names but I have ZERO socks - as I assume pdub can attest to. Please share with me and everyone else what I have NOT "owned" on the boards.
I. Don't flatter yourself. I have already apologized to/towards you. You didn't accept it. Fine. Then either move on or hold on to it but please spare me your bullshit martyrDUMB.
J. I cared (past tense) if you thought my apology was sincere but now I really don't because you have told me numerous times that you don't believe MY truth. I get it. You're wrong but keep believing what you believe to serve your own purpose.

To Geezer and/or anyone else who may still have contact with LisaT......
Please ask her if I am the one who "ran her off" and if I am, please tell her I am sorry and am more than willing to make amends if she is/was receptive.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Grandma wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:39 am
Since you called me out, I am going to respond in order of what you posted.
In my mind, I predicted that any reply would be a pompous, self-righteously indignant flail. I was right.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I remember why HunterThompson left. Ardy posted something really offensive (I don't remember what it was) and Hunter was so disgusted that he said he was leaving if they didn't get rid of Ardy. It's a shame -- Hunter should not have left.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hey Lobster, I imagine there is some degree of warm comfort that no one here will miss you.

Right?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Actually, there were several posts about people missing me a few months back. That's why I came back.
:D

Tell us the address of your condo so I can see it really exists. Image
Deleted User 310

I am just glad this isnt a thread about posters people would not miss!