George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Deleted User 310 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm 17-year-olds don’t go cross state borders with long guns in the middle of protest on accident. He put himself in a bad position, and killed two. He wanted to stir the S, and did exactly want he desired to. Let law enforcement deal with agitators on the other side (who are also wrong). Now instead of luckily avoiding any death, we have two dead people.
Yup. He went there with the intent to kill people.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:00 pm 17-year-olds don’t go cross state borders with long guns in the middle of protest on accident. He put himself in a bad position, and killed two. He wanted to stir the S, and did exactly want he desired to. Let law enforcement deal with agitators on the other side (who are also wrong). Now instead of luckily avoiding any death, we have two dead people.
I'm still just beside myself at what amounts to a "there were bad people on both sides" approach to this.

There is zero - zero - fucking reason for anyone that's not law enforcement to be going into the fray with weapons.

The stupid fucking Vineyard Vines Vigilantes "protecting" their St. Louis front yard had better justification. God fucking damn it, we deserve the worst sometimes.

And I would add, as a gunowner who literally passed a background check and bought a rifle not two hours ago: this kind of shit is what's going to get our guns "taken away," if and when we have an administration with enough collective fucking brain cells that you can't hear them rub together.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What kinda gun did you get fish?
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Yup. He went there with the intent to kill people.
I don't believe this. But I do believe he went there with a purpose. That goal was achieved, and it caused the death of two people.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:17 pm What kinda gun did you get fish?
A Ruger bolt action, mostly for the boy.
Deleted User 318

Anyone else getting JDavis vibes?

shindig

Post by shindig »

I keep a pump shotgun in my closet, but have never used it (except a few times at my uncles shooting clay ducks, which I can't ever hit). I figure if somebody breaks into my house in the middle of the night, they probably know the sound of a shotgun being loaded.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And he took the time to put latex gloves on prior. Why else would you do that other than to reduce the likelihood of leaving fingerprints?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There's an element to this where people end up doing things they ordinarily wouldn't, because they think the cosplay is a joke up until it isn't.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:50 pm Gutter kind of alluded to the liklihood this was going to begin happening if people kept attacking police and/or looting businesses/vandalizing property.
Kenosha police presser today. Police Chief understandably felt the need to mention "vigilantes" and express that the police are not supportive of them. Yet, we are seeing/hearing stories that the police were well aware they were out there and even "supported" them.
As usual, we have another example of people in law enforcement who are NOT prepared for situations they should probably be prepared for.
Not saying they could prepare for exactly what has been happening in Kenosha but they have fucked this up BAD and clearly they knew there were "vigilantes" out there and at least in this case (the 17 year old) they did nothing to stop them.
I guess they do have a right to "carry" and if they are not in the act of committing a crime there isn't much the police can do. But.... Does a 17 year old have the right to carry in Wisconsin? I believe you have to be 18. So, do the police bear any liability in this?
Seems to be such a fine line between what is right and wrong and what is and isn't enforceable.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:34 pm There's an element to this where people end up doing things they ordinarily wouldn't, because they think the cosplay is a joke up until it isn't.
17-year-old kids don't have an archetype yet. This is them being malleable. With all the right-wing propaganda on the internet, it's understandable why one would take their guns and go play with Antifa.

Sad thing is, it won't slow down. Too many people are making too much money, and too many dumb crustaceans are sharing incendiary YouTube videos, spreading the message.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:34 pm There's an element to this where people end up doing things they ordinarily wouldn't, because they think the cosplay is a joke up until it isn't.
To wit:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kyle-ritt ... ha-protest
In one video, a young man fires several shots at protesters—before getting up and walking toward police vehicles. With his rifle still on display, the suspected gunman appears to have his hands over his head as he approaches police in an apparent surrender.

In another video, a man with similar clothing can be seen running and holding his rifle. He’s heard apparently uttering into his phone, “I just killed somebody,” as he continues to run.

“He had his hands up and they told him to get out of there, even though everyone was yelling that he was the shooter,” Brent Ford, a 24-year-old photographer who witnessed the shooting, told VICE News. “The police didn’t seem to hear or care what the crowd was saying.”

[...]

A video posted to Twitter by a Daily Caller reporter also appeared to show an interview with Rittenhouse the evening of the shooting. In it, a reporter asks a rifle-carrying teen what he’s doing at the protest.

“So people are getting injured and our job is to protect this business,” he replies. “And part of my job is to also help people. If there is somebody hurt I’m running into harms way. That’s why I have my rifle because I need to protect myself obviously. I also have my med kit.”

In a separate video apparently shot Tuesday, the same individual appeared to utter the words “I’m Kyle, by the way,” to a videographer on scene in Kenosha.
The kid's mind was fucking warped.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:39 pm
17-year-old kids don't have an archetype yet. This is them being malleable. With all the right-wing propaganda on the internet, it's understandable why one would take their guns and go play with Antifa.

Sad thing is, it won't slow down. Too many people are making too much money, and too many dumb crustaceans are sharing incendiary YouTube videos, spreading the message.
There was a page on InfoWars calling for volunteers to form a militia and go safeguard Kenosha before this happened.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

shindig wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 pm I keep a pump shotgun in my closet, but have never used it (except a few times at my uncles shooting clay ducks, which I can't ever hit). I figure if somebody breaks into my house in the middle of the night, they probably know the sound of a shotgun being loaded.
It's good to protect yourself (and family).
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 310

My great grandpa always told my dad 2 things about guns:

-"there is no such thing as an unloaded gun"

-"do not pull a gun on someone unless you are prepared to use it"
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

It's probably good not to talk about what guns one owns on public forums.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

*deletes post about red ryder...*
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm The full video is available and it shows a very different picture than what the media manipulated it into. He also had 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system and alcohol, and he was recovering from covid. Notice how he complains he could not breathe when he was standing and he asking if he could sit on the ground because of his trouble breathing. It's sad to say it, but he likely died because of the stuff in his system and because of the emotional stress of being in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwxGzYU2ts
The one thing that this should point out is addiction is a major problem that should not be left to the police--it's not what they train for, not what they signed up for. We need some other way of dealing with addicts other than just dumping them on the cops, where the bad cops will sometimes do the worst possible thing.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

seahawk wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:56 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:50 pm The full video is available and it shows a very different picture than what the media manipulated it into. He also had 3 times the lethal amount of fentanyl in his system and alcohol, and he was recovering from covid. Notice how he complains he could not breathe when he was standing and he asking if he could sit on the ground because of his trouble breathing. It's sad to say it, but he likely died because of the stuff in his system and because of the emotional stress of being in trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhwxGzYU2ts
How many incidents of excessive force did the cop that stood on his neck have? Something like 18.

Why is it that only the history of the black guy matters to you?
Well said.

This happens a lot (not necessarily at Walrus). Selective application of rules for judgement of character.

That cop is/was a piece of shit. He should be thrown in jail and should never collect another dime of taxpayer money for being a "cop".