Why Didn't (fill in the blank) Play More Last Game?!?

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Why Didn't (fill in the blank) Play More Last Game?!?

Post by Deleted User 75 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:22 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 am I was more bothered by his lack of effort than his lack of scoring.

...but you're right, I bet there are very few 1st team AA players that ever had a night with 0pts (assuming they played that game).
He looked sick. I'm still surprised there wasn't some mention that he had "flu-like symptoms".

I'm just thinking he got his stinker out of the way now and not during the tournament.
It's definitely that time of year.

Plus, this is a new role for him. He's got more good players around him now than ever before. I'm sure it's an adjustment trying to find the balance between being over aggressive and forcing the issue too much, and/or being too passive and deferring too much. He's got to find the sweet spot during games where he knows he's "off".
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 am I was more bothered by his lack of effort than his lack of scoring.

...but you're right, I bet there are very few 1st team AA players that ever had a night with 0pts (assuming they played that game).
He looked sick. I'm still surprised there wasn't some mention that he had "flu-like symptoms".

I'm just thinking he got his stinker out of the way now and not during the tournament.
hopefully that's the case

maybe i'm being too pessimistic, but now i know that he's "capable" of laying a real stinker (barring sickness, of course)...we've had too many of our "stars" lay stinkers in the post-season
Deleted User 89

and yes, it's far too early to assume anything like that
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I'm gonna do a lot of things. But what I ain't gonna do is panic after only 2 games. If after 10 games he is still struggling, then I will start to wonder.

I predict he is going to figure it out.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:16 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:15 pm If we’re gonna play small then there’s an argument McCormack is our second best “lone big” to have out there.
No there isn't. Dok and Dedric are our best bigs. By far. Not even close.

You want to bench our AA candidate for a freshman who isn't that good yet. Makes no sense.
AA candidate?

did you even watch the last game?

AA candidates don’t put up those kinds of games
We are less than 12 months removed from a unanimous AA having a 3 pt, 5 ast game while playing 40 minutes.
Deleted User 89

3>0 lol

but point taken. and like i admitted, way too early to get bent out of shape.

i was just expecting more vs vermont, and maybe thats on me and my expectations
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:05 am

hopefully that's the case

maybe i'm being too pessimistic, but now i know that he's "capable" of laying a real stinker (barring sickness, of course)...we've had too many of our "stars" lay stinkers in the post-season
We had our likely top scorer lay a goose egg and still beat a scrappy mid major by double digits who is slated to win their conference and make the tourney. This team is better equipped to handle a stinker from a star than most.

Heck, I was encouraged by how little Lawson's stinker game affected the rest of the team. Even Dedric wasn't hanging his head or committing stupid fouls to get himself sent out. He kept fighting for boards when he was in there. And the rest of the team simply performed their jobs.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

How would you feel about Lawson's stinker not affecting the game if Vick was 4-8 from deep instead of 8-8?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

The only disappointment i see thus far is with KJ. Maybe i expectes more than i should have.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TDub wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am The only disappointment i see thus far is with KJ. Maybe i expectes more than i should have.
But how much of that disappointment is his bad hair?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

At least 12%
Just Ledoux it
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am
TDub wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am The only disappointment i see thus far is with KJ. Maybe i expectes more than i should have.
Is the hair worse than the beard?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am
Is the hair worse than the beard?
So much so that I didn't realize he had a beard.

Plus beards are cool.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:24 am How would you feel about Lawson's stinker not affecting the game if Vick was 4-8 from deep instead of 8-8?
Ya. I'm not sure we will have many nights where we can afford to not have Dedric get his offensively. Thankfully Dok and Vick had big games. I really only see us as having 4 dependable double digit scorers. Dok. Vick. Dedric. Grimes.....we will need 2 or 3 of those guys to play well offensively most nights against good teams, because Garrett and Dotson excel at other things. Moore can score in bunches (at least that is what our coaches say), but he's looked like a defensive weakness at times, so I don't think he's going to play over Dotson very much.....right now Moore is probably guard #5 on the depth chart, with KJ as guard #6, or big #4 or #5....

I like our team more than I thought I would. Mostly because Dok looks so much better and Dotson / Grimes seem more ready to play right off the bat than some freshman we've had.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 am

It's definitely that time of year.

Plus, this is a new role for him. He's got more good players around him now than ever before. I'm sure it's an adjustment trying to find the balance between being over aggressive and forcing the issue too much, and/or being too passive and deferring too much. He's got to find the sweet spot during games where he knows he's "off".
Surprised gutter hasn't come in from the top rope posting that Bar Louie article from three years ago or whatever, and saying MAYBE there's already evidence that Dedric puts himself in situations that could hurt him on the floor.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think Dotson can score if needed. He just hasnt needed to.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

So, how bad does Illannoy think we suck this year?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I hope KJ is not the CJ Henry of this year's team.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm So, how bad does Illannoy think we suck this year?
Holy shit, where have you been motherfucker?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:02 pm So, how bad does Illannoy think we suck this year?

Not as bad as argentinehawk. He thinks the team is broken.
Just Ledoux it