Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Deleted User 318

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Deleted User 318 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm Woodward also might have been able to prevent 100k+ deaths by releasing these recordings in April.
I doubt GOP governors would've made a change due to Woodward's tapes. This is on the federal government not taking charges, and governors who have and still have been inactive.
Deleted User 318

sdoyel wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:19 pm Can he be impeached for this? 180,000 are dead...
He can be impeached for anything. Will he be removed. Heck no. GOP complicit.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:49 am So that basically means Fauci lied for months also?
how so?

when did Fauci ever downplay the severity? maybe i’m wrong, but i recall him always following the science
For several months Fauci said they were unsure if it was airborne and said we didn't need masks.

It was damn near summer before they publicly said it was airborne iirc.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:53 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:22 pm Woodward also might have been able to prevent 100k+ deaths by releasing these recordings in April.
I doubt GOP governors would've made a change due to Woodward's tapes. This is on the federal government not taking charges, and governors who have and still have been inactive.
I'm not sure that's true - if we'd known in April that Trump 100% knew in February, and lied throughout February and March, I think the path might very well have been different.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

I ain't gonna shoot the messenger. Trump said what he said.

Better now than November 4th.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:04 pm
I'm not sure that's true - if we'd known in April that Trump 100% knew in February, and lied throughout February and March, I think the path might very well have been different.
WHO, our own federal government, and New York state all had the facts that this was going to be bad in April. There was inaction until May/June, when some states couldn't ignore it any more. There are still like 50k new cases a day, and 1k deaths. Many states have still done nothing.

Perhaps going forward will answer. We now know it's bad, and Trump lied. Do you expect anyone to change anything?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:12 pm

WHO, our own federal government, and New York state all had the facts that this was going to be bad in April. There was inaction until May/June, when some states couldn't ignore it any more. There are still like 50k new cases a day, and 1k deaths. Many states have still done nothing.

Perhaps going forward will answer. We now know it's bad, and Trump lied. Do you expect anyone to change anything?
Nope. Half of our country doesn't care because it doesn't kill 99%+ of the people who get it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

"Do" I? Now? No.

But all of this denial and dereliction comes from licking Trump's boots. If he'd been truthful, responses would have been better.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 pm

"Do" I? Now? No.

But all of this denial and dereliction comes from licking Trump's boots. If he'd been truthful, responses would have been better.
If he had been truthful is a lot different than if he had lied, and Woodward released in April.

If Trump took his private view as his public facing position, we probably save at least 200k lives, the economy is so much better, I can go to a restaurant, and Trump is looking at 4 more years. I don't know if Woodward releasing the tapes forces Trump's hand in April or now. He's going to be as bombastic as ever. This, to me, is a Trump issue, not a Woodward issue.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

They aren't mutually exclusive. Both were highly unethical.

Of course, it's worse when you're the frikkin POTUS
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This tack will pass. We are going directly to the “yeah, he said it, so what” phase of things.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Nope. Half of our country doesn't care because it doesn't kill 99%+ of the people who get it.
It's not half.
Deleted User 318

https://twitter.com/dcbigjohn/status/13 ... 6474510342

I just disagree with this take. Woodward, and independent author, just has no duty to anyone to make his personal tapes public. It's pushing the blame to Woodward when those in charge and have duties to the American public need to take charge.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NiceDC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:51 pm https://twitter.com/dcbigjohn/status/13 ... 6474510342

I just disagree with this take. Woodward, and independent author, just has no duty to anyone to make his personal tapes public. It's pushing the blame to Woodward when those in charge and have duties to the American public need to take charge.
But it’s not an either/or thing. Woodward did the public a disservice, in furtherance of sales. That’s true, even though it’s inarguably true that what Trump did is much worse.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm

It's not half.
Yes. Probably half. The best way to stop the spread is a nearly full on shutdown like the successful countries have done. We stopped our half assed shutdown far too early...and didn't shutdown nearly enough things. People became complacent and lost desire to lockdown for numerous reasons.

This is from a few months ago...

https://apnews.com/915fdbccb3434fee125efaaaaefba0af

"Half of Americans now favor stay-at-home orders, down from about 6 in 10 one month ago and 8 in 10 in April. And about 6 in 10 favor limits on how many people can gather together, down from about 7 in 10 one month ago and about 8 in 10 in April."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:01 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:23 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:49 am So that basically means Fauci lied for months also?
how so?

when did Fauci ever downplay the severity? maybe i’m wrong, but i recall him always following the science
For several months Fauci said they were unsure if it was airborne and said we didn't need masks.

It was damn near summer before they publicly said it was airborne iirc.
seriously, links?

the mask issue - to me it has always seemed logical that they’d help somewhat. i’d bet that Fauci was following the science. early on there wasn’t SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE to support the idea that they’d help

i’m looking now to see if i can find him contradicting the WHO, which as early as january (i think) had confirmed airborne transmission. but feel free to back up your conclusions with links, if you’ve got them

edit: according to this timeline: https://keen.com/story/42598219/coronav ... fast-facts

it looks more like june or july when there was actual confirmation of airborn transmission
Last edited by Deleted User 89 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:59 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm
It's not half.
Yes. Probably half. The best way to stop the spread is a nearly full on shutdown like the successful countries have done. We stopped our half assed shutdown far too early...and didn't shutdown nearly enough things. People became complacent and lost desire to lockdown for numerous reasons.

This is from a few months ago...

https://apnews.com/915fdbccb3434fee125efaaaaefba0af

"Half of Americans now favor stay-at-home orders, down from about 6 in 10 one month ago and 8 in 10 in April. And about 6 in 10 favor limits on how many people can gather together, down from about 7 in 10 one month ago and about 8 in 10 in April."
But that's my point: fully 1/3 of the country will believe whatever Trump tells them to believe. If he would have told the truth, our path would have been very. very different.